Is Optimus Prime a bully?

Devil Mazinkaiser

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is a good analogy of the relative use of force in a one-on-one fight:

Anybody remember the scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark in which Indiana Jones went mano-a-mano with the sword-wielding bad guy?

Gun > sword = fight ends before it can begin

Indy has Blot to do and no time to Powerglide around.

ninja.jpg

Look at the way G1 Optimus Prime treats the Dinobots. The way he locked up Ravage (outside in a cage) while the Stunticons gets to be locked up inside the Ark. Of course, in "Megatron's Master Plan," he had no problem inflating his ego at the parade during "Autobot Day."

So if somebody don't believe in his "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings," what then? Blow them to bits? Sound a bit like ol' G. Dubya to me.

I can't believe people sees this jerk as a hero.

:tflaugh

Btw, what about that "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings". What about the non-sentient? Does he feel they should be lock up and exploited? Maybe just killed for the fun of it?

I also really can't understand why many believe G1 cartoon Prime to be such a great leader. He made horrible tactical decision after decision and in eps where Megatron really had a plan (e.g. "Ultimate Doom" and esp. "More than meets the eye"), Prime really is only reacting to Megatron's moves and alway behind. The Autobots then only win because of small, unforeseen & unplanned, events (e.g. Mirage 'defecting' in MTMTE, stowing away on the Deceps ship and only at the last deciding to stop the Deceps because Cybertron really wouldn't be a nice place if they ruled it -- also really killed Mirage his character for me, btw.)

Honestly, I never cared for G1 Optimus Prime as leader until his final fight in the movie. That was great...although...it started out with "Megatron must be stopped, no matter what" and then he has the chance to stop Megatron and he hesitates because he forgot he was one of the best sharpshooters around.

No, G1 comics prime was lot better. He made mistakes and was also willing to make hard decisions (like when Skids got injured but he had to leave him behind for the sake of the mission) and live with them.

As for the super mode. Nowadays Prime always has to use his supermode. Well, in RiD he on occasion fought without (even against Ruination), but otherwise, always the supermode. In Armada he needed even when protecting the kids from Thrust. Just how weak is Prime actually these days?

sometimes I wonder if somebody can think from outside the transformer world.  :redface

transformers is a toy line.

you want to sell prime toy ? it have a super mode ? so show it in the cartoon.

that's all.

don't try to find explanations about weakness of prime or anything else..  :redface

My older brother said this to me and i thought it would be a good question to put on the forum.

Have you ever notice that Optimus Prime in Galaxy Force never seems to fight Megaton or Galvation on his own without having someone else's weapon on him? Like Leobreaker, Soinc Bomber, Vector Prime's sword, Megalo Convey monkey wrench, i mean come on having all of those is called CHEATING! :fire

Megatron can defeat Optimus, he has more power then him, it has been show. He could fry the living daylights out of the guy yet it goes like this.

Fire! Talk talk talk talk talk fire again, gets his azz kicked!

All the battle's are like rounds in the show like Mortal Combat, one guy hits then the other guy hits. I mean when Galvation had Sonic Bomber in episode 51 what he should have done was shot him in the gut instead of yepping his mouth off.

Hello! BOOM! Bye bye Soinc Bomber! :thumb

Same goes for Starscream in episode 47, he would've defeated Galvation had he kept hitting at him like crazy and shooting him with his Vortex Cannon, but noooooooooooo he had to stop and yep his mouth away.

I feel so ashamed! :redface

It always seems that Optimus only wins because he has other people's weapons on him, he never use's his own, like he SHOULD! He barely ever use's his own maybe once or twice but thats it! God Darn Cheater!  :grr

Like Megatron's new weapon, the Diasy Cutter as my brother calls it :) can defeat anyone, like it did to Hotshot, Red alert and Scattershot before they became the Vanguard Team. Galvation had that nice pretty sword that sliced off half of Optimus's wing off, he could have WON HAD NOT OPTIMUS CHEATED! Having another person's sword is called cheating! Damn that Vector Prime! (Despite that i like him as a character) If Optimus had died Galvation would have won for the first time since G1.

Then a nice new scene would have happened. Hello Starscream welcome back!  :clap

Starscream and Galvation would make peace with each other while both ruled their own part of the Galaxy, while still fighting the Autobots. Jetfire would become the new leader and a new fight would have begun.

Alos the fight with Primus in episode 50, THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LONGER! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A SHOWDOWN!  :madckn

Primus and Galvation! FIGHT! Galvation would of defeated Primus and the planet Cybertron would be no more, bye bye the god of the Autobots! GALVATION RULEZ!  :mwahaha

But nooooooooo it didn't happen! BLASTED BLOODY HECK! :tard

That is what my brother and i hate about the show, if your going to fight someone LAY A DAMN POUNDING ON THEM LIKE STARSCREAM DID IN THE EPISODE RETREAT!

Oh did you ever notice that in that episode Starscream kicks most of the guys off of the space birdge? KICKBALL!  :rofl

Now that concluds my rant for the day, prepare for more later.

Archived