ROTF Constructicons

BADxGUY

My OC mind won't let me stop thinking about this, though. ;) So I went to Wally World today with my son...was looking around & flipped through the ROTF kids cartoon booklet. I saw an illustration in there that I've seen before, and maybe this'll shed some light on which Constructicons were in the underwater scene:

Now I know this isn't completely accurate, b/c Demolisher was definitely absent at this point in the movie. But the other five (Long Haul, Mixmaster, Scrapper, Rampage & Overload) plus Scalpel, could account for the '6 going down'. I believe I remember enough of the scene to say that Hightower was not a part of this particular group on the vessel. Now the '7 coming up' when Megatron arose is a bit more of a mystery, as one was cannibalized...unless he still actually survived. We only got a few shots of these bots on the cargo ship before they dove in, and I honestly don't remember b/c that whole scene was too damn quick, but this seems like reasonable speculation. :shrug

One Constructicon stayed down, Megatron and Grindor came up. That's what I got from that scene (when Grindor appeared later with Megs)

Who's the purple four armed one? That one actually looks sweet

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My OC mind won't let me stop thinking about this, though. ;) So I went to Wally World today with my son...was looking around & flipped through the ROTF kids cartoon booklet. I saw an illustration in there that I've seen before, and maybe this'll shed some light on which Constructicons were in the underwater scene:

Now I know this isn't completely accurate, b/c Demolisher was definitely absent at this point in the movie. But the other five (Long Haul, Mixmaster, Scrapper, Rampage & Overload) plus Scalpel, could account for the '6 going down'. I believe I remember enough of the scene to say that Hightower was not a part of this particular group on the vessel. Now the '7 coming up' when Megatron arose is a bit more of a mystery, as one was cannibalized...unless he still actually survived. We only got a few shots of these bots on the cargo ship before they dove in, and I honestly don't remember b/c that whole scene was too damn quick, but this seems like reasonable speculation. :shrug

One Constructicon stayed down, Megatron and Grindor came up. That's what I got from that scene (when Grindor appeared later with Megs).

Who's the purple four armed one? That one actually looks sweet

Grindor was in that mix? Don't even remember that...wait, are you implying that Grindor was a repaired Blackout & not a clone? I don't recall anyone else being fixed down there other than Megs. I gotta see this movie again just for unanswered questions. However, I don't want to give any more worthwhile money to it...so I'll wait until it hits my local dollar theater.

The four armed one is Overload...he was the red earth mover that combined with Devastator (also in the JPN Dev Legends set). I'd love to have a deluxe/voyager sized figure of him!

Grindor was in that mix? Don't even remember that...wait, are you implying that Grindor was a repaired Blackout & not a clone? I don't recall anyone else being fixed down there other than Megs. I gotta see this movie again just for unanswered questions. However, I don't want to give any more worthwhile money to it...so I'll wait until it hits my local dollar theater.

I presume so, as the other 'Cons hadn't landed (I think) when Grindor, SS and Megs fought Prime. I think

The four armed one is Overload...he was the red earth mover that combined with Devastator (also in the JPN Dev Legends set). I'd love to have a deluxe/voyager sized figure of him!

Oh, right. Yeah, I want one. So it can be mine. All MINE :D

The second "Demolisher" you see in that picture is actually Scavenger. He shares the same design as Demolisher, except, in the movie at least, Demolisher was mostly white. Basically, reverse Scavenger's colors (except for the head) and you have Demolisher. The Demolisher toy used Scavenger's colors.

The second "Demolisher" you see in that picture is actually Scavenger. He shares the same design as Demolisher, except, in the movie at least, Demolisher was mostly white. Basically, reverse Scavenger's colors (except for the head) and you have Demolisher. The Demolisher toy used Scavenger's colors.

You are correct, sir. Hasbro certainly has enough Demolisher toys out on the shelf to justify an appropriate repaint, dont' ya think?! :thumb

You are correct, sir. Hasbro certainly has enough Demolisher toys out on the shelf to justify an appropriate repaint, dont' ya think?! :thumb

Don't give them the idea...

But wait, what would they call it? Maybe it'd be "Premium Demolishor" Or, for the hell if it, they could call him Scavenger. :tflaugh

In a completely unrelated and random thought: I actually imagined a senario about a week after I saw the 2007 movie back in, well... 2007 in which Long Haul was sent to retrieve Megatron's corpse because he was the only constructicon heavy enough to go that deep...

Just further proof that Hasbro is stealing Ideas from me... though apparently not my REALLY good ones...

But wait, what would they call it? Maybe it'd be "Premium Demolishor" Or, for the hell if it, they could call him Scavenger. :tflaugh

They'd probably go with the latter...then we'd have a little G1 Frenzy/Rumble moment. :tflaugh

They'd probably go with the latter...then we'd have a little G1 Frenzy/Rumble moment. :tflaugh

I can see it now... DIWSIR.

In my opinion, there's two ways to solve this dilemma, but both require retconing of some kind.

One way, Devastator is one robot on his own, and doesn't separate or combine at all. But upon coming to earth, he (or some other 'Con) realized that there was no "common" earth ground vehicle that could be a good alt mode for him, so he (somehow) separated into several components as to be able to take on smaller, more "in disguise" alt-modes.

so youre offering the Omega Supreme approach where the arms and legs are running around individually.

This would explain why the ROTF Devastator toy doesn't transform into individual robot modes......and why the regular figures CANT FORM DEVASTATOR! bastards.

see, they're all prob. reading the forums and waiting for a consensus to form about the whole thing, then they'll officially be like, "that's exactly what was happening. geez, isn't it obvious?"

Archived