ROTF Constructicons

BADxGUY

In my opinion, there's two ways to solve this dilemma, but both require retconing of some kind.

One way, Devastator is one robot on his own, and doesn't separate or combine at all. But upon coming to earth, he (or some other 'Con) realized that there was no "common" earth ground vehicle that could be a good alt mode for him, so he (somehow) separated into several components as to be able to take on smaller, more "in disguise" alt-modes.

so youre offering the Omega Supreme approach where the arms and legs are running around individually.

This would explain why the ROTF Devastator toy doesn't transform into individual robot modes......and why the regular figures CANT FORM DEVASTATOR! bastards.

see, they're all prob. reading the forums and waiting for a consensus to form about the whole thing, then they'll officially be like, "that's exactly what was happening. geez, isn't it obvious?"

Ahhh, you could see it that way...however, the way it was presented is that ANY number of Constructicons hanging around could form Devastator. Now there did seem to be a centralized figure (Scavenger/Demolisher...whatever you wanna call him) that served as the torso dragging all the other limbs in. So actually forming Devastator would seem to depend on that particular component being present...but otherwise, it didn't feel like there needed to be any particular team members...just as long as they were Constructicons. :schin

EDIT: should have said "any other particular team members"...for clarification.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahhh, you could see it that way...however, the way it was presented is that ANY number of Constructicons hanging around could form Devastator. Now there did seem to be a centralized figure (Scavenger/Demolisher...whatever you wanna call him) that served as the torso dragging all the other limbs in. So actually forming Devastator would seem to depend on that particular component being present...but otherwise, it didn't feel like there needed to be any particular team members...just as long as they were Constructicons. :schin

So He'd be more like a City Scrambler, as any of them could potentially form any of the limbs, while the only "unique" part from anything else is the main body/head section?

So He'd be more like a City Scrambler, as any of them could potentially form any of the limbs, while the only "unique" part from anything else is the main body/head section?

Sure. Now that's of course me reading into what I saw onscreen, which there's a lot of reading into unanswered things going on with this movie. But I try not to get too far fetched with ideas about what I'm being left to interpret onscreen...and this one sounds reasonable, as it's the only way I can explain those components grabbing all the different vehicles and locking them into a central unit, rather than any of the other Constructicons forming additional Devastators. :shrug

Yeah pretty much. This concept could of been amazing if they would of done it right. Imagine: devastator is battling and gets his arm blown off, and the autobots are all like yeah we're gonna win, then out of nowhere another constructicon comes blazing in and forms a new arm. So much wasted potential there.

Yeah pretty much. This concept could of been amazing if they would of done it right. Imagine: devastator is battling and gets his arm blown off, and the autobots are all like yeah we're gonna win, then out of nowhere another constructicon comes blazing in and forms a new arm. So much wasted potential there.

Dude, I'm sick even thinking about that lost potential. Great idea by the way! :thumb

Yea, I like many, think the whole Devastator idea was wasted. He could've been the 'Con's "deus Ex Machima" and used while The Fallen was charging the Sun Harvester or something, and all the 'Bots would have to team up, and, like you said, have the limbs destroyed, have more come back and form new limbs, only to realize they could only kill him him shooting the main body. But they can't, so Prime has to come in with his Jet-ass self, get suck up, but then destroy him from the inside (a greater form of what Mudflap did) and then go to get the Fallen and Megatron.

And side Swideswipe would be the cause of most of the damage. :sneak

A lot of GREAT ideas here... and the whole idea is what you see in the emotional rise and fall -- something this movie was completely void in.

I like the idea of the torso being the primary central required component, and the limbs being the interchangeable parts. They could have really used that to create tremendous fear and awe. Autobots all working together, even suffering losses, to finally stop devestator (blowing one arm off, damaging the other, and then finally in some self-sacrificing manners, take one of his legs out)... and all while they are completely spent -- other constructicons come as he 'reassembles' himself.. as strong as ever against a wiped autobot crew.... and as almost all seems lost... Prime comes flying in... (maybe also saving a new autobot character for introduction here - maybe a young rodimus?? How would that have gone over?)... and Ratchel (who was not in the battle) actually gets to do what he was made to do -- BE A MEDIC! and save some of the autobots and get some revived/repaired back for battle. HELL, they could have introduced Primes TRAILER at this point, and instead of him FLYING in.. he comes in with the TRAILER -- which he stops and makes a command center for Ratchet -- as he then takes to flight... Just so many option.. so much potential... but instead we got explosions... and a king kong monster who about lost his face to the likes of a non warrior mudflap, and was taken out with 1 shot of a new weapon introduced just to end the conflict instead of any actual writing.

*arg*

Back to the discussion of the under water scene....

Didn't RAVAGE also jump into the water (first in fact) and would be counted?? I mean, if we are counting the small doctor, surely ravage would have shown up.

I also don't remember "overlord" being introduced anywhere in the movie. I know the TAKARA devestator utilizes him as an 'additional' piece - but I don't believe Hasbro does. Is it possible the comic photo introduced borrowed overlord from takara and is not included in the movie?

I don't believe the bot that was jumped was killed - but I think (again) they left it vague. Megatron was missing an arm, and they ripped an arm off to repair him.

I do agree that demolisher was killed by prime early on, so the crane that jumped down has to be Scavenger - the same model basically - and was then later used to form devestator.

Regarding the cannibalized robot - obviously it's rather difficult to discern who the unlucky victim was on account of the watery setting, but we can be sure of a couple of things:

• The victim had three lights on his chest, in a triangular pattern;
  • The victim's silhouette showed a pair of wide, square hips;
  • The victim was supposedly the 'small one'.

I would say that the best contender for the position is Scrapper - he has two lights on his chest, one on either side, and he has the square hips. If we can figure out his size relative to the other Constructicons then I think we might have a winner.

Oh, and Overload is definitely in the movie - when the Constructicons pull up prior to forming Devastator, he can clearly be seen to the left. I don't recall seeing him do much else though, and I don't think we even get to see him really coherently form any part of Devs. He's part of the 'line-up' though, so there's that at least.

Regarding the cannibalized robot - obviously it's rather difficult to discern who the unlucky victim was on account of the watery setting, but we can be sure of a couple of things:
  • The victim had three lights on his chest, in a triangular pattern;
  • The victim's silhouette showed a pair of wide, square hips;
  • The victim was supposedly the 'small one'.

I would say that the best contender for the position is Scrapper - he has two lights on his chest, one on either side, and he has the square hips. If we can figure out his size relative to the other Constructicons then I think we might have a winner.

Oh, and Overload is definitely in the movie - when the Constructicons pull up prior to forming Devastator, he can clearly be seen to the left. I don't recall seeing him do much else though, and I don't think we even get to see him really coherently form any part of Devs. He's part of the 'line-up' though, so there's that at least.

There is something else which you are missing which specifically disqualifies the "Scrapper" as the victim. The con that was sacrificed had caterpillar treads which were used to repair Megatron's legs. The "Scrapper" had wheels.

Archived