Toy Fair 2009 - Live Shots Of Revenge of the Fallen Devastator, Skids & More

Peter_Van

The only movie figs worth getting so far are leader OP, fallen, sideswipe, and demolisher (is it just me or does he look alot like bonecrusher)

Devastator is purely and 100% a piece of $hit. I was so hyped about this guy and thought that a 2 ft, $100 combiner that does not have individual robot modes must be pretty damn awesome. I was wrong. Even ultimate bumblebee has more detail than this guy and I cannot picture this being 2ft tall, 4ft wide. Its just a big hunk of plastic and transformation looks as simple as a fast action battler. Whoever would pay 100 for this is absurd. This at best is worth only 50. Do better hasbro, WAY better.

before devastator pics: :thumb :mwahaha :luv :drool

and after...: :suicide :inheek :argh :wat :fury :whatwhat :danmit :danmit :danmit :slap :guh

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Devistator isn't worth it by a long shot. Nice trucks, just not $100 nice, maybe $50/60, but not $100.

Prime is looking awesome though, and is definetly on the list!

i agree on the leader optimus, definitely might be worth it, but i'd like to wait for more pics and maybe a video review before plopping down $40 for a replacement of an already really great prime

It seems pretty nice, but as far as I can tell (and I saw some other pictures today) those poles they mounted his shoulders on always stick out that far.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope it's mistransformed- but based off the hinge I saw a very clear photo of, it seems unlikely. Even though I'm very happy with my current one, this is disappointing. In a lot of ways the new one is nicer. But those shoulders- YUCK!!!

Anyway, we'll just have to wait and see.

You know...I gotta be honest. I initially didn't mind the aesthetic so much, as the fact that Dev doesn't form individually transformable components; HOWEVER...the more I look at this thing...it really doesn't make complete sense. Why do we have a giant-ass cement truck? And that model escavator isn't as big as that type of crane, is it? These proportions seem weird... :tfwtf

The proportions are WAY off. I'm curious how this thing will work in the movie, and I've started to wonder if there really may be more vehicles in the movie (as once rumored). If this is actually close to what's in the movie we have mass shifting well beyond the stuff they initially wouldn't do with Megatron, Soundwave, etc.

Also, did you see the photos of the dump truck Longhaul turns into way back when? I couldn't believe how big it was. You could probably park 6-10 of the biggest cement mixers I've ever seen in the back of that thing...

God I hope hasbro is reading the forums tonight!!!!

For once this warrents the full angst.

Here, here, bro! They REALLY need to here about this!

On a related topic...TFormers, are there any more pics coming for any of the other individual transformable constructicons?

Now those seem intresting from what we've seen so far. If the individuals don't combine though in any way. The earth mover that was leaked a couple weeks ago is falling to the pass list.

The movie line is looking very good so far to me, that is except for this crowning piece. I realy just can't help but wonder what they were thinking!?!

The proportions are WAY off. I'm curious how this thing will work in the movie, and I've started to wonder if there really may be more vehicles in the movie (as once rumored). If this is actually close to what's in the movie we have mass shifting well beyond the stuff they initially wouldn't do with Megatron, Soundwave, etc.

Also, did you see the photos of the dump truck Longhaul turns into way back when? I couldn't believe how big it was. You could probably park 6-10 of the biggest cement mixers I've ever seen in the back of that thing...

Well, I will say that 'mass-shifting' isn't as big of a concern with Hasbro as it is with Bay. I mean, just look at Movie 1's bots (Barricade's toy is proportionately too big, Blackout is not big enough, etc.). So it is curious how Bay will treat this discrepancy. And maybe we'll see our old Long Haul design show up in the individually transformable bot? I'm starting to lean more towards just buying those & bashing a Devastator...but what a pain in the royal arse that's gonna be! I'd probably spend $100+ in parts & time just trying to figure that one out!

Archived