First Look: Nissan GT-R Bot At Tokyo Toy Show 2008

News_Editor

I don't think it is smaller. Look closely at the picture of Movie BB and the Prototype. The feet are totally different then the Prototype in the display case. As is the level of detail. the arms have folded Front seats which are very detailed. I think that the one in the picture is an Alpha prototype and the display case is a beta-prototype.. I doubt that Nissan would allow this to be dlx sized or it would be part of the universe line.

Just my 2 cents on the matter

I'm inclined to agree (though partially due to wishful thinking). The proto with BB is clearly not the same toy, though it could be an earlier version of the same toy. I just don't think you could get that level of detail out of a DX scale figure, and if you did it would be nearly impossible to transform.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it is smaller. Look closely at the picture of Movie BB and the Prototype. The feet are totally different then the Prototype in the display case. As is the level of detail. the arms have folded Front seats which are very detailed. I think that the one in the picture is an Alpha prototype and the display case is a beta-prototype.. I doubt that Nissan would allow this to be dlx sized or it would be part of the universe line.

Just my 2 cents on the matter

as for the size maybe I'm not going to be upset one way or the other if its a BT cool it will be something really nice to put next to nemesis prime if not my wallet will be very happy

as for nissans views well we don't know unless you have some sort of quote or press release

as for the detail well their are models of that size with even more detail and TF toys too THS01 and 02 prove this and movie landmine has fully posible hands and car seats...ok they are the same thing but my point is that the toys today can have insane details and since this is a collectors item they can push the boat out on details

I just don't think you could get that level of detail out of a DX scale figure, and if you did it would be nearly impossible to transform.

THS-02 personally once I got a hold of that I knew they could do anything so long as they had a market to pay for it

as for the 2 toys it seems like the one next to BB is an early mock up like that BT 911 Jazz and the one in the case is closer to the finished product. but to say it again I don't care about the scale aether works for me

I'm just going to throw this out there.

He looks like he'd make a decent Getaway.

Getaway's head resembles Prime's to begin with, and he transforms into a car.

:2cents

true getaway was an old mazda RX-7 FC so moving to the nissan GTR seems logical but with this being a new like I don't think they would use such a unknown character to kick it off (smoke screen was first in BT more for the fact he was the 03 Subaru rally car then being a key player). also they pointed out their would be a red repaint so that's quite prime-ish. but if it was getaway I would be cool with it he is a cool TF just not very well known

I just don't think you could get that level of detail out of a DX scale figure, and if you did it would be nearly impossible to transform.

THS-02 personally once I got a hold of that I knew they could do anything so long as they had a market to pay for it

True dat. I actually have THS-01 & 02, I just forgot about them. You're right, that level of detail IS possible but I don't think it would be sustainable if this is going to be a full product line. I'd be cool with it if they were RID scale, though. Give my Autobot Bros some new people to hang with.

A red version and a silver version?

Prime and Megs?

~Matt Booker

Wow, great. After Dodge Ram, now Prime got SECOND ALT MODE within the same toyline! How is that not awesome?! While Meg's getting none. I would sooo totally buy the Prime instead of the Meg if both are about to be released! Yes!!

[/sarcasm]

Archived