First Look: Nissan GT-R Bot At Tokyo Toy Show 2008

News_Editor

I like it. I'll like it even more if it turns out to be Convoy.

Also, that's the first picture I've seen of Henkei Prowl with colors. Chrome spoiler and guns woohoo ^^

/e: Someone quick tell me the difference between Alternators and BinalTechs?

Die-cast parts. The Japanese got BinalTech ,which were die-cast, and the rest of the world got Alternators which were all plastic. It's all preference, personally I like the metal far more than all plastic.

I would love it if all of these "new" upcoming BTs were scaled down to about deluxe and still maintained die-cast love. Then I would undoubtedly have to order the Convoy that's already been announced as well as this one, maybe even both colors depending.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there anything that actually says he's a Convoy (because if there was I missed it), or are we all just assuming that based on the head sculpt?

Take a look at the card in the lower right corner of the photo. It's got a profile picture that looks pretty Prime-ish.

But I'm not ready to call it as Prime just yet.

Though as has been mentioned, red is a pretty Prime-y color.

I'm wondering if that is for some other toy...

/e: Someone quick tell me the difference between Alternators and BinalTechs?

Binaltechs are made by Takara and are mainly die-cast. Alternators are pretty much the exact same toys with no diecast, only plastic, and are made by Hasbro.

well if it were a new toy I'm guessing we would have also seen photos of that but we dont. also most BT's were right hand drive the only BT's that were left hand drive were the US cars and the Smoke screen rally cars (since its LHD in real life). their was a RHD alt silver streak but they were few and far between.

So these are Deluxe sized Alts/BTs??

I'm thinking yes. As Blitz pointed out, Takara originally wanted to make the BTs in a smaller scale, but Hasbro rejected that because they felt 1:24 would sell better in the American market. Since it seems like Hasbro isn't involved this time, my bet is that Tomy gets to use the scale they feel will work better in Japan.

I'm curious if this is really going to be the start of a new line, or, since the colors are going to be red and silver, if it will be a short-lived thing with just Prime and Megs like those shoe-formers...

So these are Deluxe sized Alts/BTs??

I'm thinking yes. As Blitz pointed out, Takara originally wanted to make the BTs in a smaller scale, but Hasbro rejected that because they felt 1:24 would sell better in the American market. Since it seems like Hasbro isn't involved this time, my bet is that Tomy gets to use the scale they feel will work better in Japan.

I'm curious if this is really going to be the start of a new line, or, since the colors are going to be red and silver, if it will be a short-lived thing with just Prime and Megs like those shoe-formers...

it'd certainly work as a starting point, anyway

I have to admit, I'm a little intrigued by smaller-scale BTs.

:nooo

A red version and a silver version?

Prime and Megs?

~Matt Booker

Wow, great. After Dodge Ram, now Prime got SECOND ALT MODE within the same toyline! How is that not awesome?! While Meg's getting none. I would sooo totally buy the Prime instead of the Meg if both are about to be released! Yes!!

[/sarcasm]

you could think about this in a new way if its indeed a new line on a smaller scale the comments about the hummer being too big are now void you might get Megatron and he might very well dwarf this prime (if it is prime)

You know what? You just scared the crap out of me. The thought of rebuying an all new Alt collection is making my stomach churn. ........Whoa...I feel dizzy........I feel like crying now.

You know what? You just scared the crap out of me. The thought of rebuying an all new Alt collection is making my stomach churn. ........Whoa...I feel dizzy........I feel like crying now.

Come on, you have to expect them to do this at some point. Most of the original cars chosen for the BT/Alts are already dated, plus they've used up all but like three of the good characters. It makes much more sense to start all over and "reissue" characters that actually sell...

(Although, I bet that if this remains a Hasbro-free operation, it will likely unfold along the lines of what Takara had originally planned for BT: smaller scale, Autobots only and a limited number of molds.)

Come on, you have to expect them to do this at some point. Most of the original cars chosen for the BT/Alts are already dated, plus they've used up all but like three of the good characters. It makes much more sense to start all over and "reissue" characters that actually sell...

(Although, I bet that if this remains a Hasbro-free operation, it will likely unfold along the lines of what Takara had originally planned for BT: smaller scale, Autobots only and a limited number of molds.)

Works for me, as long as we get Ironhide/Ratchet and Bumblebee/Cliffjumper (which I assume were some or all of the "good" characters you're referring to). It would be nice to FINALLY get a Megatron, but I've got MP Megs, so I'm good.

Archived