Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!

Recommended Posts

I don't really care what they say. I don't believe at all that it's the same universe. Number one being all the changes, and number two being the fact that Shane stated they would be dropping the sub numbering system possibly for good, and that's why it's not being sub numbered. But here comes Maximum Dinobots (which mind you is newer than AHM) with the sub numbering system. Seriously, if it's not sub numbered or blatantly stated by the authors (as in: this is part of the IDW-verse) then it's not in the universe IMO. Aside from that, I'd personally much rather it be treated by the editors and writers and alternate universe. If they try and retcon this into the existing universe there's a chance they might bastardize every series to come, and give some very short space for prequels: after Revelation and before AHM and Maximum Dinobots.

 

If I remember correctly the way it self stated a link to the previous comics was the mention of the Machination (Scorpinok's Headmaster army). Now the Machination are just showing themselves to the world in Maximum Dinobots #2 before that they were totally cloak and dagger agents. Even the fight between them and Hotrod & Wheeljack in Devastation was as mentioned in MD#2 completely random.

 

Researched and quoted.

 

Maximum Dinobots#2:

 

Scorponok: I admire your Tenacity Hotrod I really do. Given that our initial strike against you was completely random. An exercise. you've stubbornly stuck to this. Determined to settle the score or perhaps rescue poor Sunstreaker.

 

AHM #1:

 

narrator: A civil war. A world in ruins. An unsuspecting planet. A new battle ground. One year later.

 

AHM #2:

 

Unknown military officer: Sir I thought we dealt with this before. With those terrorists the uh...

 

military officer #2 "Hawke": The Machination

 

Unknown military officer: That's it. All those reports of "giant robots" turned up warehouses of machine parts but no mention of "aliens".

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really care what they say. I don't believe at all that it's the same universe. Number one being all the changes, and number two being the fact that Shane stated they would be dropping the sub numbering system possibly for good, and that's why it's not being sub numbered. But here comes Maximum Dinobots (which mind you is newer than AHM) with the sub numbering system. Seriously, if it's not sub numbered or blatantly stated by the authors (as in: this is part of the IDW-verse) then it's not in the universe IMO. Aside from that, I'd personally much rather it be treated by the editors and writers and alternate universe. If they try and retcon this into the existing universe there's a chance they might bastardize every series to come, and give some very short space for prequels: after Revelation and before AHM and Maximum Dinobots.

 

If I remember correctly the way it self stated a link to the previous comics was the mention of the Machination (Scorpinok's Headmaster army). Now the Machination are just showing themselves to the world in Maximum Dinobots #2 before that they were totally cloak and dagger agents. Even the fight between them and Hotrod & Wheeljack in Devastation was as mentioned in MD#2 completely random.

 

Researched and quoted.

 

Maximum Dinobots#2:

 

Scorponok: I admire your Tenacity Hotrod I really do. Given that our initial strike against you was completely random. An exercise. you've stubbornly stuck to this. Determined to settle the score or perhaps rescue poor Sunstreaker.

 

AHM #1:

 

narrator: A civil war. A world in ruins. An unsuspecting planet. A new battle ground. One year later.

 

AHM #2:

 

Unknown military officer: Sir I thought we dealt with this before. With those terrorists the uh...

 

military officer #2 "Hawke": The Machination

 

Unknown military officer: That's it. All those reports of "giant robots" turned up warehouses of machine parts but no mention of "aliens".

 

Well I guess I learned something today. :tmyk

 

Truthfully I'm still catching up in the IDW-verse. I've only read most of the spotlights and Infiltration. I have the rest on special order at my local comic & game shop. I do enough though to understand anything people explained to me, like the Machination (sort of), anything in Infiltration, and Beast Wars: the Gathering. Or the first 2 Spotlight Volumes.

But I am completely up to date on AHM, just picked up my B Cover #6 the other day. So far has Maximum Dinobots explained anything? Even slightly? And also, is it any good? I really like like AHM so far, so will I like Maximum Dinobots?

 

 

Oh on a side note, is anyone really wishing Drift was in it a little more I mean really, he hasn't had much time.

 

Also, can some one explain those weird purple and black bio-mechanicle things, that are apparently working for Megs?

 

I don't really care what they say. I don't believe at all that it's the same universe. Number one being all the changes, and number two being the fact that Shane stated they would be dropping the sub numbering system possibly for good, and that's why it's not being sub numbered. But here comes Maximum Dinobots (which mind you is newer than AHM) with the sub numbering system. Seriously, if it's not sub numbered or blatantly stated by the authors (as in: this is part of the IDW-verse) then it's not in the universe IMO. Aside from that, I'd personally much rather it be treated by the editors and writers and alternate universe. If they try and retcon this into the existing universe there's a chance they might bastardize every series to come, and give some very short space for prequels: after Revelation and before AHM and Maximum Dinobots.

 

If I remember correctly the way it self stated a link to the previous comics was the mention of the Machination (Scorpinok's Headmaster army). Now the Machination are just showing themselves to the world in Maximum Dinobots #2 before that they were totally cloak and dagger agents. Even the fight between them and Hotrod & Wheeljack in Devastation was as mentioned in MD#2 completely random.

 

Researched and quoted.

 

Maximum Dinobots#2:

 

Scorponok: I admire your Tenacity Hotrod I really do. Given that our initial strike against you was completely random. An exercise. you've stubbornly stuck to this. Determined to settle the score or perhaps rescue poor Sunstreaker.

 

AHM #1:

 

narrator: A civil war. A world in ruins. An unsuspecting planet. A new battle ground. One year later.

 

AHM #2:

 

Unknown military officer: Sir I thought we dealt with this before. With those terrorists the uh...

 

military officer #2 "Hawke": The Machination

 

Unknown military officer: That's it. All those reports of "giant robots" turned up warehouses of machine parts but no mention of "aliens".

 

Well I guess I learned something today. :tmyk

 

Truthfully I'm still catching up in the IDW-verse. I've only read most of the spotlights and Infiltration. I have the rest on special order at my local comic & game shop. I do enough though to understand anything people explained to me, like the Machination (sort of), anything in Infiltration, and Beast Wars: the Gathering. Or the first 2 Spotlight Volumes.

But I am completely up to date on AHM, just picked up my B Cover #6 the other day. So far has Maximum Dinobots explained anything? Even slightly? And also, is it any good? I really like like AHM so far, so will I like Maximum Dinobots?

 

 

Oh on a side note, is anyone really wishing Drift was in it a little more I mean really, he hasn't had much time.

 

Also, can some one explain those weird purple and black bio-mechanicle things, that are apparently working for Megs?

 

 

Well I'm guessing that MD will explain Daniel "Sparkplug" Witwicky's involvement in the battle against the Machination, and I'm guessing that the pick up of Sunstreaker by Optimus' crew will be explained along with Hotrod's being picked up by Kup's crew. So far MD isn't much like AHM it's more like Devastation and the other earlier IDW comics.

 

As for the purple and black creatures they aren't exactly Decepticons so much as failed experiments to make Insecticons.

I don't really care what they say. I don't believe at all that it's the same universe. Number one being all the changes, and number two being the fact that Shane stated they would be dropping the sub numbering system possibly for good, and that's why it's not being sub numbered. But here comes Maximum Dinobots (which mind you is newer than AHM) with the sub numbering system. Seriously, if it's not sub numbered or blatantly stated by the authors (as in: this is part of the IDW-verse) then it's not in the universe IMO. Aside from that, I'd personally much rather it be treated by the editors and writers and alternate universe. If they try and retcon this into the existing universe there's a chance they might bastardize every series to come, and give some very short space for prequels: after Revelation and before AHM and Maximum Dinobots.

 

If I remember correctly the way it self stated a link to the previous comics was the mention of the Machination (Scorpinok's Headmaster army). Now the Machination are just showing themselves to the world in Maximum Dinobots #2 before that they were totally cloak and dagger agents. Even the fight between them and Hotrod & Wheeljack in Devastation was as mentioned in MD#2 completely random.

 

Researched and quoted.

 

Maximum Dinobots#2:

 

Scorponok: I admire your Tenacity Hotrod I really do. Given that our initial strike against you was completely random. An exercise. you've stubbornly stuck to this. Determined to settle the score or perhaps rescue poor Sunstreaker.

 

AHM #1:

 

narrator: A civil war. A world in ruins. An unsuspecting planet. A new battle ground. One year later.

 

AHM #2:

 

Unknown military officer: Sir I thought we dealt with this before. With those terrorists the uh...

 

military officer #2 "Hawke": The Machination

 

Unknown military officer: That's it. All those reports of "giant robots" turned up warehouses of machine parts but no mention of "aliens".

 

Well I guess I learned something today. :tmyk

 

Truthfully I'm still catching up in the IDW-verse. I've only read most of the spotlights and Infiltration. I have the rest on special order at my local comic & game shop. I do enough though to understand anything people explained to me, like the Machination (sort of), anything in Infiltration, and Beast Wars: the Gathering. Or the first 2 Spotlight Volumes.

But I am completely up to date on AHM, just picked up my B Cover #6 the other day. So far has Maximum Dinobots explained anything? Even slightly? And also, is it any good? I really like like AHM so far, so will I like Maximum Dinobots?

 

 

Oh on a side note, is anyone really wishing Drift was in it a little more I mean really, he hasn't had much time.

 

Also, can some one explain those weird purple and black bio-mechanicle things, that are apparently working for Megs?

 

 

Well I'm guessing that MD will explain Daniel "Sparkplug" Witwicky's involvement in the battle against the Machination, and I'm guessing that the pick up of Sunstreaker by Optimus' crew will be explained along with Hotrod's being picked up by Kup's crew. So far MD isn't much like AHM it's more like Devastation and the other earlier IDW comics.

 

As for the purple and black creatures they aren't exactly Decepticons so much as failed experiments to make Insecticons.

I read it like the Decepticons just dumped all the Insecticon clones back on Cybertron to avoid them overwhelming their ranks.

Continuity discussions aside, I realized today as I was thumbing through AHM #6 that I REALLY like what this series is addressing. I mean, in previous looks at the Transformers mythos, with only very few exceptions (and they were not "complete" so to speak), we've never really had a look at what a "complete" victory for either side would look like. I definitely get the feeling that...

 

 

Megatron is spending time alone and letting the other Decepticons "amuse" themselves by random acts of violence on Earth because he feels directionless and isn't sure where to go from here. He has the Matrix, has crushed the Autobots and conquered Earth. Now what? Before, when it was the Decepticons vs. the Autobots, there was always a front line to assault, always some goal to accomplish, and victory was always a dream but never considered within the realm of possibility, realistically. The war has been going on for so long, and the fact that there is no longer a "habitable" Cybertron (yeah yeah, I know the Autobots are surviving on it now, but I mean "habitable" in that it's usable for a civilization. Cybertron is currently in total ruins with a complete ecological collapse (NO ENERGON) and thus cannot sustain Cybertonian life for a long period of time.) leaves us asking what comes next. The basic gist of this is that Megatron has no idea where to go now, and he doesn't want his troops to discern this, although it seems Starscream already has, and has known that it would come to this for so long. The Decepticon "empire" is supposedly victorious, but what does that really mean? There's no seat of power, and basically nothing for them left to do. What does a tribe of warriors bred for war and nothing else do when the war ends? I loved Roadbuster's feelings of frustration because he echos these thoughts perfectly. He's a war machine. What's he supposed to do now? Some of the Decepticons, likewise, are experiencing this problem also, as seen with Thundercracker and Skywarp.

 

We're left with the question: what is the true price of victory? The Decepticons have no home to return to, no battle still to fight. They're just...stranded. There's nothing for them to do now.

 

 

I really can't wait to see how the rest of this turns out.

Continuity discussions aside, I realized today as I was thumbing through AHM #6 that I REALLY like what this series is addressing. I mean, in previous looks at the Transformers mythos, with only very few exceptions (and they were not "complete" so to speak), we've never really had a look at what a "complete" victory for either side would look like. I definitely get the feeling that...

 

 

Megatron is spending time alone and letting the other Decepticons "amuse" themselves by random acts of violence on Earth because he feels directionless and isn't sure where to go from here. He has the Matrix, has crushed the Autobots and conquered Earth. Now what? Before, when it was the Decepticons vs. the Autobots, there was always a front line to assault, always some goal to accomplish, and victory was always a dream but never considered within the realm of possibility, realistically. The war has been going on for so long, and the fact that there is no longer a "habitable" Cybertron (yeah yeah, I know the Autobots are surviving on it now, but I mean "habitable" in that it's usable for a civilization. Cybertron is currently in total ruins with a complete ecological collapse (NO ENERGON) and thus cannot sustain Cybertonian life for a long period of time.) leaves us asking what comes next. The basic gist of this is that Megatron has no idea where to go now, and he doesn't want his troops to discern this, although it seems Starscream already has, and has known that it would come to this for so long. The Decepticon "empire" is supposedly victorious, but what does that really mean? There's no seat of power, and basically nothing for them left to do. What does a tribe of warriors bred for war and nothing else do when the war ends? I loved Roadbuster's feelings of frustration because he echos these thoughts perfectly. He's a war machine. What's he supposed to do now? Some of the Decepticons, likewise, are experiencing this problem also, as seen with Thundercracker and Skywarp.

 

We're left with the question: what is the true price of victory? The Decepticons have no home to return to, no battle still to fight. They're just...stranded. There's nothing for them to do now.

 

 

I really can't wait to see how the rest of this turns out.

 

 

I agree they all really do seem lost on both sides. The Autobots questioning who among them it is who can't be trusted, and the Decepticons seem to all be wondering what's next. The only ones who seem to have a clear purpose right now are the Constructicons who are building Megatron's throne on earth. You've gotta wonder is earth the end or merely the beginning of their Trans-Galactic domination. Is the next step Kranix's home world, Junk, Quintessa, or Nebulan?

Well I guess I learned something today. :tmyk

 

Truthfully I'm still catching up in the IDW-verse. I've only read most of the spotlights and Infiltration. I have the rest on special order at my local comic & game shop. I do enough though to understand anything people explained to me, like the Machination (sort of), anything in Infiltration, and Beast Wars: the Gathering. Or the first 2 Spotlight Volumes.

But I am completely up to date on AHM, just picked up my B Cover #6 the other day. So far has Maximum Dinobots explained anything? Even slightly? And also, is it any good? I really like like AHM so far, so will I like Maximum Dinobots?

 

 

Oh on a side note, is anyone really wishing Drift was in it a little more I mean really, he hasn't had much time.

 

Also, can some one explain those weird purple and black bio-mechanicle things, that are apparently working for Megs?

 

seeing as how you're buying them, i'd suggest you get some digital copies and play catch up. it's nothing like actually holding the book in your hand and thumbing through it, but it'll suffice in the short term.

 

 

on AHM, all i can say is my god i'm loving this. the art is simply breathtaking and the story is brilliant. honestly, i wish i had access to the art sans the speech bubbles... the wallpapers that could be made... :drool

  • 3 weeks later...

Just read issue 7

 

 

All your doubts and questions about how things have happened leading up to AHM will be answered.

 

Just read issue 7

 

 

All your doubts and questions about how things have happened leading up to AHM will be answered.

I was not disappointed. A fantastic issue.

 

 

Bumblebee is the traitor. You heard it here first :D

 

  • 1 month later...
Just read issue 7

 

 

All your doubts and questions about how things have happened leading up to AHM will be answered.

I was not disappointed. A fantastic issue.

 

 

Bumblebee is the traitor. You heard it here first :D

 

 

 

Spoiler Lying? Seriously? :tftongue

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.