DON'T CANCEL ALT/BT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

ALPHAMAGNUS

I mean if Family Guy fans can get a canceled show back on the air after years of gathering dust, we have a fighting chance.

No. No, you really don't.

Family Guy fans far outnumber TF fans, and considering how big FG is, compared to Alternators...there's well...no comparison.

Family Guy came back because the syndication was popular, and because the DVDs sold unbelievably well. Alts were less popular, and didn't sell well enough.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say the ultimate deathblow to the Alts was when Takara killed BT. As I'd say that they were too detailed and complicated (i.e. too expensive) for Hasbro to continue development on their own.

I also have the feeling that Hasbro discovered securing the licences for the car's likeness was way more of a pain-in-the-ass than they originally thought it would be.

yeah thats why i suggested they team up with a model kit company, they allready have tons of licences for those cars. revel johnny lightning, ertl, etc

MOTU-What did you expect from the company that ran it? Why buy a HE-MAN figure when even McFarlane toys had more joints and accessories? MOTU had good sculpt and that's it but for a TV show line in the modern era....they're just not fun toys. Hell, even Batman toys are fun and I hate them!

the entire problem with motu is they made new scupts, were reapiant would have been fine, the origal he-man line lasted so long because they made on scuplt and painted it 1000 different ways, and then they would just change the arms or head, and BAM a new character

instead of making a teela , then repainting it yellow, with a dif head to make evil-lynn, they made a whole new mold. that was dumb. then what they did repaint was atrocious. there were 12 different he-man toys, that each had a new sculpt!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not just paint him different and put a new rubber armor and weapon.

the alt line actually did the repaint/mod, thing correctly, they amde minimal changes to achieve a new character. i say the went wrong with using he 3rd teir characters, what was next WHEELIE!!!!!!

UGh i understand that this is a futile attempt, but why not try, at least we can all vent the frustration i guess.

I am looking into getting a small injection molding machine, they are pricey, but i am tired of these crap toys everyone is making, tf or not. i am an accomplished sculpter and artist, so i am gonna give it a whack. dont know what i'll make, i have a feeling that a tf may be difficult.

anyway, i see on TFormers, that i am not alone. maybe TFans aren't as into the ALt line as i thought, over there they are Starscreaming about rodimus being the last. I think we all can agree that this line wasn't given it dues.

I also want to comment that i have been going to stores looking for any alts i can find, they are all empty, yet with the movie out I have seen more people buying the helmets and prime blasters , for their kids, than any of the overpriced/under articulated figures. my uncle said he went to the store to buy my cousin a movie toy, but said they looked crappy, so he picked up a classics prime. nice.

these movie toys arent selling well. allthough i see that all of the "not in the movie" movie toys are all gone, that is hilarious. but by the time the movie is out for awhile, i am sure the sheep of america will pour all their money into kibblebots like megatrash. ugh, give me a Titanium megs any day, he may be floppy but at least he has a viable alt mode

I hope it ends up being more of an extended hiatus. We've had surprises before. But I don't think I'm going to be heartbroken, albeit a little disappointed. I feel that keeping the classics is a good halfway point, especially considering that they'll be skipping the headache of deciding what car a character will be, and the obligatory whining that ensues. At least with classics, they know what vehicles the characters will be.

I just wish I could find a wheeljack, and some money to buy it!

nyaaaa

It isn't the first time I have said this.

BT/Alts are the reason I came back into TFs.

I build scale model cars and trains. I enjoy superdetailing them with photoetched parts, including fuzzy dice in the mirror if I have to.

That being said, imagine my glee once I discover this line of, ahem, "toys". They are more like collector figures with massive amounts of articulation. I actually keep my BTs and Alts mixed in with my other 1:24 scale model cars.

I absolutely loved the fact that the Binaltech line strived for realism. i.e. real paint schemes taken from real cars. The details such as the wheel rims and tire treads, interiors, tilt steering, tilt seating all added up to a compelling model that made you (want to) believe Transformers could be real.

Even with the Asterisk and Kiss lines, I was still very much interested in the line. (I am actually thinking of finding figurines for all my BT/Alts)

Where things get sour is not having all the Alts as BTs. One could easily argue the opposite as well and I would have to agree. I still want a Decepticharge, Hot Rod, Swerve, Rumble, Zoom Zoom, Broadblast, alert and all the others that have yet to be created.

BTs as a line caters to my interests the most. It serves up nostalgia in perfect doses without the limiting nonposeability of G1. It fills up my already full automotive shelf quite well when I need to disguise my robots as cars.

Since I do have other interests besides Transformers, I doubt I will be investing any money in the movie figures. I am not saying they are bad at all. They simply are what they are. Unless I find a large model requiring complex transformation sequences, I will leave them alone.

I will continue to scour eBay, the endcap, and Tfieds for appropriately priced BT/Alts in order to complete my collection. I will only get duplicates for customs of characters I truly find representative of the models. As for Megatron, I may have to use a Chrysler 300C SRT8. (note to Hasbro Tomy: it is bad ass enough and looks great in silver already)

That's why I came back to Transformers too. I was hesitant at first when I saw Smokescreen, but I ended up buying him and the rest is history. I was very pleased when transformed Smokescreen and placed him on my shelf.

I think, at the very least, Hasbro could have gotten a few more repaints out of some of the Alternators, but it was fun while it lasted.

The only way Alternators would work - being it seems no retailer wants to carry them - would be if Hasbro sold them only through the toy shop online or to various vendors. But that's still slashing the over all profits quite a bit in going about doing things that way. The cost of engineering these things has to be expensive.. then you gotta wrangle liscening from various car companies.. they're going to want a cut of the profits, more than likely, for use of their models.. if nothing else, Hasbro has to fork out money to them for the rights to use it just that one time.

I can't say I don't blame em. But hey, atleast we got what we did. I'm rather glad it's over.. I don't think I could stomach another Ravage/Rumble type alternator when so many others go by without a second thought -Trailbreaker in particular- ..

The real death I think was The Kiss Players. THAT was when I knew it had bottomed out.

They ran there course, time to give em up and think of the good times you had with them.

I'd say the ultimate deathblow to the Alts was when Takara killed BT. As I'd say that they were too detailed and complicated (i.e. too expensive) for Hasbro to continue development on their own.

I also have the feeling that Hasbro discovered securing the licences for the car's likeness was way more of a pain-in-the-ass than they originally thought it would be.

yeah thats why i suggested they team up with a model kit company, they allready have tons of licences for those cars. revel johnny lightning, ertl, etc

It wasn't so much securing the license, but then having to pass every little thing by the licensor.

For instance: Honda USA making them neuter the S2000's gun.

AHEM! I would just like to bring a story to light, on cbs there is a show known as "JERICHO". i personally didnt like the show, nor did most of america, there however was a sect of die-hard fans . Jericho was cancelled last season, but thanks to the efforts of the fans , it is getting reprise this fall.

all that was shown to cbs, was the fact that there were people that werent just buying into the show because it was on tv. most of those that watched it, actually like dthe show. they launched a web/mail attack, and they bombarded the phonelines in protest.

maybe this is what is need to get has/tak back in the alt/bt light. I am going to be weighing my options, along with trying to find others on the many of TF's forums. I am actually excited to hear that most of us started collecting tf's because of this line, and without it, I dont know if most will continue. btw, I have found one movie toy i actually might get, eventually. but i just want it for KBing, sad.

read how they did it!!!!JERICHO SAVED!!!!!!!!!!

Archived