DON'T CANCEL ALT/BT LINE!!!!!!!!!!!

ALPHAMAGNUS

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
money speaks louder than words my friend. Low sales = might as well be low sales. It's not going to happen.

well, sadly you may be right, but i dont want to be the gutless coward that lets these companies do this, it makes no sense. I watched as the MOTU franchise buried itslef intoi the ground with endless reapints of non-existant characters, and I'll be damned if I am going to let these nimrods keep making awful mistakes, they wonder why a toy line fails, so they just make something else. "hey bill, since the transformers tv show sucked and the toys were awful, lets cancel it." "thats a great idea, lets do the same thing with someone elses characters" " hmm how about a DBZ line were goku, who can decimate an entire universe, fights with cards in a holographic arena! yeah !"

I am just trying to see if anyone else is as equally peaved at this , as i am.

Oh and btw, family guy didnt have that many fans, they do now because the guys at ADULT SWIM! saw a good thing and rolled with it!! if it wasnt for them, family guy would have stuck to fox's vault of "great show that didnt make it because the simpsons is a giant soul-sucking juggernaught" people saw family guy as a simpson rip-off, which it wasn't, if anything it's a "laugh-in" rip-off.

any way, i am not buying any of the movie toys in protest, I would normally drop 100's of bucks a month trying to get them all, I own about $4,000, in tf's that i have bought in the past few years. and I am sickened by the lack of quality in the recent movie toys, they aren't worth my $. I would gladly buy 5 ALTs a months instead, but no!

I just hope this is temporary. please don't attack ME!

I didnt cancel the line!

I am just asking for some support, even if I raise an eyebrow, i'll be happy here. too many good things aren't given a snowballs chance in hell. yet power rangers is going on 20 years

Boycott TF: Animated. That's the series that will really make you want to be pissed about. They're willing to make that Blot, but get rid of Alternators?

And your protest, won't mean jack Blot to their moneymaking juggernaut. Sorry 'bout your luck.

If the alts were diecast, I wouldn't want to buy them as much.

The alts would need to be more than just cars. Everyone a car is lame.

If the alts are cancelled forever, I won't lose any sleep.

Agreed.

If the alts were diecast, I wouldn't want to buy them as much.

The alts would need to be more than just cars. Everyone a car is lame.

If the alts are cancelled forever, I won't lose any sleep.

Yeah, pretty much.

Also, man, the line lasted for three years. That's an immensely solid run for a collector based line.

Well Takara/Tomy ain't making anymore BT/Kissplay for their country at the moment.

Hasbro has other ideas and directions it wants to go in, you know for the kids and all.

If your gonna boycott the Movie and Animated stuff, and you have no interest in Classics/Universe.

No transformers for you then.

:07evil

Alts where alright, but all cars, al the time and expensive? DO NOT WANT.

I hope this topic doesn't get out of hand, but fans will be fans

Alternators are finished, accept it. I loved that line and it's what started me collecting in the first place, but if Hasbro can't even be bothered to do straight repaints (and there were a few that still could have had third repaints), then you know they're just not interested anymore.

If your gonna boycott the Movie and Animated stuff, and you have no interest in Classics/Universe.

Saving money. Oh noes!

BT far exceeded its initial mandate - the BT line was initially intended to be just a 12 figure line. Takara was intially just gonna do BT01-12, that's it, but due to the overwhelming popularity, the line was extended beyond BT-12, and after that came BTA and KISS Players (not trying to start a debate about its dubious fiction, just discussing the TF toys here).

So really, Takara DID extend the line. What are you, greedy? :P

Saving money. Oh noes!

:07laugh :07laugh

:luv ers to Glue

Saving money. Oh noes!

:07laugh :07laugh

:luv ers to Glue

Oh wait, I did like that Classics Cosmos thing. Damn it! Ten whole dollars!

And then there's that creepy voyeur MP Skywarp..

ok, first off, i said i was boycotting the MOVIE toys only, mainly because they are mostly wastes of plastic. admit it .

my belief in that has been confirmed, i just got back from seeing the movie, and let me tell you, the toys could have been a lot better. leader prime might be worth 40 bucks if they had at least painted his internals silver, or gunmetal, instead of just grey. megatron is a hella lot cooler in the movie. dont get me wrong , i love TF's and i loved the movie, but the toys are a coppout, just plain lazy.

my whole gripe is more that quantity has won over quality , yet again. I know it's a pipe dream, but maybe one day, all tf's will be MP grade(tear)

i have nothing against the animated series...yet. but the lack of detail in the animation, had better mean alot of "fluid" motion, like with the rest of the "batman"esque shows. if i tune in and i see crappy drawn opt. fighting megs (or whatever) in still frme shots, i will puke on someone.

and i am actually diggin what i hear of the toys. it's probably why i loved the ALT line so much, transforming is the gimick, not some goofy keys, or whatever.

and to anyone that says that the alt/bt line had run its course. maybe, but the course was up hill, they were weighted down, and they were all in wheelchairs. not a far race to win.

Archived