Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gobots

Recommended Posts

So...

 

I just noticed, based on a hunch based on a vague memory, that Peter Cullen and Frank Welker were voices on Gobots as well.

 

And the Botcon exclusive BugByte has me thinking...

 

 

I realize this show wasn't great but would it be so bad to see a few of the major characters/toys (Leader-1, Turbo, Tux, Scooter, Cy-Kill) integrated into Transformers?

 

That's the kind of repaint I wouldn't mind... and it seems to me like a Gobots/Transformers comic crossover would be a nice way to get the nostalgia market back in for a sales spike. And, y'know, they could even get rid of most of the Gobots but it seems to me like Leader-1 and Cy-Kill, at least could have a place in the TF mythology.

 

Yeah, the names are weaker than some TF names. But Transformers has its share of weak names.

 

And there are some cool Gobot names. BugByte is a nice name. I'm also partial to Staks and Tux.

 

But if I can't have a retail Thundercracker or Thrust, I'd be all about an Autobot seeker repaint with a new head and a new gimmick as a "Hasbro U.S./U.K. Exclusive" in the next line as Leader-1.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be done in the same vein as the e-Hobby redeco minibots using Gobot names. Retools would probably cost more than any major market demand though. Lotta this is just due to Go-Bots having been thoroughly killed when Hasbro took the rights to the names while Bandai or whoever kept the toy designs. Hasbro seems to just use occasional gobot names whenever they want to name random filler figures, like all those minicon guys.

Please no. Gobots should stick to their own garbage bin.

I totally agree with Gasket on this one.

People just think GoBots are lame because they were always told GoBots are lame.

 

The SHOW was lame, the toys are fantastic for their size. They typically hae lots more articulation than any TFs made at the same time. They were adding ball joints long before Beast Wars. They all had diecast. They were all the same size in Robot mode. (Super Gobots was a seperate line). Can TFs say that?

 

They also had all sorts of Alt-modes that TFs never even dreamed of.

 

Neccessary metro stuff like, Garbage trucks, busses, plain vans, trucks, and boring street cars. TFs were all sports cars. How conspicuous would the '84-'85 lineup of cars all look driving together.

 

They also had some real off the wall stuff. A fork lift, submarine, flat-bed, pontoon plane, Stutz-Bearcat, Rolls-Royce, and a 3wheel ATV.

 

They had a sweet line up of vintage planes.

WWII- Zero, Corsair, P-51 Mustang, P-38 Lightning

Korea-Vietnam Mig21 Fishbed, F4 Phantom

 

Check em all out.

Vehicles http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Regular/G...cleGallery.html

Bots http://www.toyarchive.com/Gobots/Regular/G...botGallery.html

Gobots have made appearances in recent TF comics. Most notable is Cy-Kill's body in an Energon issue.

 

Also, some toys were released in Europe with Gobots names, like Crasher, Destroyer, Turbo, among others.

I actually have some Gobots in my collection as well. There are a few who are easily as good as basic Transformers from the time. I think it would be neat to see some Gobot homages in future TF series.

I like gobots, but well...

 

 

 

I like Bolagna (baloney).

 

But I don't eat it with my steak.

 

Know what I mean?

I think I probably had more gobots than Transformers when I was a kid.. and none of the cool gobots either like

PyschoLoose1a.jpg

 

PyschoLoose1b.jpg

 

I actually wouldn't mind them making gobots into transformers so much. Some, of course, probably would be best left forgotten altogether..

I can't wait to pay $60 for my Rodimus repaint that says "Future Machine" on its gut.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.