The Bond Gadget Test

Hobbes-timus Prime

I know how teleportation, and cloaking work. But thank you for keeping me up to date on Your versions of them. I wrote a Paper on how you can escalate the susspension of disbelief window in sequels. Your missing the point.

I understand the Idea. I just think that window needs to be opened on things besides a cub reporter who is for some reason using a Walkman to record their interviews so soundwave can replace it and spit out his audio tape mangery.

They allready have a TF who spits out a smaller one to do recon. If the do use soundwave it will probably just be his name as a favor to fans, and even then thy might change it to "Sound Blast" or "Blastwave" cuz thats close enough right? Not to mention, why do we think theres gonna be all this fanboy love when they make a sequel? I hate to remind everyone but if all goes well in 3 months the Old School Tf fans like us will be outnumberd 10 to 1 by fans who've never even heard of soundwave and won't care what he does. All these interactions with us are for MARKETING. Soon they won't need us anymore for anything but word of mouth.

By the release of the Sequel no one will have mass shiffted on screen for a quarter of a century!* Who's gonna even notice but us?

(*The ravage thing was a throwaway)

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know how teleportation, and cloaking work. But thank you for keeping me up to date on Your versions of them. I wrote a Paper on how you can escalate the susspension of disbelief window in sequels. Your missing the point.

I understand the Idea. I just think that window needs to be opened on things besides a cub reporter who is for some reason using a Walkman to record their interviews so soundwave can replace it and spit out his audio tape mangery.

They allready have a TF who spits out a smaller one to do recon. If the do use soundwave it will probably just be his name as a favor to fans, and even then thy might change it to "Sound Blast" or "Blastwave" cuz thats close enough right? Not to mention, why do we think theres gonna be all this fanboy love when they make a sequel? I hate to remind everyone but if all goes well in 3 months the Old School Tf fans like us will be outnumberd 10 to 1 by fans who've never even heard of soundwave and won't care what he does. All these interactions with us are for MARKETING. Soon they won't need us anymore for anything but word of mouth.

By the release of the Sequel no one will have mass shiffted on screen for a quarter of a century!* Who's gonna even notice but us?

(*The ravage thing was a throwaway)

Hold on, Tramp. I got this one. Prime Collector, don't you know that...

...Soundwave is one that Don Murphy does want to use in the next movie and does want to have him be as true to the original character as possible mass conversion and all. They didn't want to use him in the first movie simply because his mass conversion ability may have been too much to explain along with everything else.

Great. Now that that's been addressed, again, Tramp, can you please just answer the question I posed to you, like ten hours ago, and tell me what one single piece of equipment found in or on an ambulance will help you repair a robot? A robot from another planet, no less.

Since your entire argument for Soundwave Mass Shifting into a stereo hinges on alt. modes being necessary for the performance of a Transformer's primary function, your entire argument unravels without an answer, so I understand why you've been dodging it for this long. I mean, if a Transformer with as specialized a purpose as Ratchet doesn't need his specific alt. mode to perform his primary functions, why would any one else?

When did Don Murphy bless us with us with this info, Hobbes?

If he turns into a stereo Jay & Silent Bob'll have to tote him around.

When did Don Murphy bless us with us with this info, Hobbes?

If he turns into a stereo Jay & Silent Bob'll have to tote him around.

I don't know, to be honest. I was just quoting Tramp's standard response.

Tramp made mention of Murphy saying this in some video from some con when I asked, but he hasn't posted links to the video or anything. I did watch the video of the writer's from the main movie site, and while they do mention putting Soundwave aside, conceivably to do right in the sequel, they never mention mass shifting as being the reason why they removed him from the first film, or as part of "Soundwave done right" in another film...so who knows?

Ya know, I' never went to film school BUT I have done over 4 years of radio. Just as film has rules about wasting time on exposition, so too does radio have a rule:

You're talking to 100,000 people. If you say something that only maybe 100 of them actually understand, and have to stop and explain, you've failed.

Tramp, this movie is NOT FOR US.

It's meant for the MILLIONS of movie-goers around the world who may never even have heard of Transformers before, or whose only impressions come from vague memories of their childhoods and humorous references in other media.

Transformers is NOT Lord of the Rings.

It does NOT have the same kind of fan base, in terms of numbers, that forces the producers to make everything "a certain way".

Hell, Spider-Man had a MUCH bigger fan base before the movie came out, and Sam Raimi still saw fit to make some pretty important changes simply because what works in comics and cartoons DOES NOT automatically transfer into the photo-realism of a movie set in the present day.

This movie will likely be seen by over 200 million people. It's meant to be seen by that kind of audience. Actual Transformers fans, we who come to websites like this, buy toys and comics, discuss TF:TM like it's Hamlet and Starscream about Hot Rod getting Prime killed, might, might, make up .001% of the total number of people this movie will reach.

Hobbes is right: There's no good reason, beyond fanwanking, for Soundwave or any other Transformer to mass-shift. Hell I didn't even like it in the cartoon. The only reason SW ever did was to make children want him. There are literally dozens of good alt modes for a movie Soundwave that will allow him to perfectly perform his functions.

Sounds to me like you're just stuck on him being a freakin' tape deck. Open your mind. Expand your horizons a little bit. Try. Please. Before this thread wakes Atmo out of his slumber to complain about Starscream again.

Ok, I need some Don Murphy wants SW proof, or I will be forced to tell you that Bay and I talked at my bbq last week about how the sequel is going to be about the Wreckers and Deathshead fighting on nebulos so as to seguae into a Headmasters/Justice Leage Movie.

Whats in an ambulance you ask? Well I checked my extensive audio-cassete referance library and suddenly remembered, It's 2007! So I looked online.

www.skyaid.org/Skyaid%20Org/Medical/ambulance_equipment.pdf

Would you beleive... Nothing.

Unless your the martian dude/s From B&T's Bogus Journey and could make a robot out of that crap.

Station!

Archived