Robots in Disguise

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alas, I will probably nevers ee Car Robots :tfsad

IMHO CR>>>RiD

Aside from the dubbing (boo!), RiD also had stuff cut out to compensate for all that additional "digital" crap that they put in.

Yes things cut out (besides the mysterious first episode that was never aired but actually was) here are some examples:

1. When the Predacons steal the power converter from the highway, and Gelshark picks up the thing in his mouth, he can't transform. He then spits it out and can transform. In CR, he sat there for a bit with it in his mouth and these big question marks appeared above his head.

2. Another episode with the Combatrons, where Movor is in orbit of Earth, Dolrailer (Mega-Octane) is yelling at him about something over the radio. In CR, Dolrailer's head appears over the Earth with an X (angry mark) on it.

I also noticed that RID had more talking in it than CR. In CR there were some scenes that were accented by animation that is common in Japan but removed from RID. For example, Megatron talked zounds more than Gigatron did. Gigatron implied a lot of stuff to his fellow Destrongers.

Although, I can't remember if CR had Sky-Byte's song or not. That makes up for a lot of RID's failings.

This show it just sooo cheesy, its very silly, very commedy like, but it made this a good and different show from all the rest.

I have both the first half box set and the second half box set myself, since its tf and a box set and its good value. Nice addition to the collection of things.

RID isnt anything near as good as armada/energon or galaxy force IMO, but it still ranks for me as good entertainment.

(I said galaxy force as with armada and energon I was just starting to get stuff from the web and didnt have access to get the jap versions, nor did i know were, but later on I decovered tvnihon and tf communities and there fore got the jap one first when it came to the new show of the time... which was galaxy force. Saw some cybetron but didnt like the changes made to it, most of which were lame and really spoiled the calss show that was gf. I know off topic but i though i needed to explain why i put gf instead of cybertron..)

I have noticed the flaming that goes on as regarding armada and energon, and the ppl that keep complaining about em etc. It is rather pathetic imo to keep complaing about kids whining, when its you ppl that whine alot more than them. But I guess this isnt the topic for this.

I love RiD. I don't know why, but it just feels like G1. I know, you're all going to flame me for saying that, but it does.

And Sky-Byte's dialogue (which I've been told is partly ad-libbed by the voice actor) is hilarious. I'd watch an entire show of him. Too funny.

I own all the episodes, and I must say I really like the show. The animation was very well done, as was the voice acting. So the plot wasn't serious until the last ten episodes? It was still a great show. Much better than Armada and Energon.

I think we all hated it when it came out because we were coming off of Beast Wars (best TF show ever) and Beast Machines (second best TF show ever). Our expectations were just too high. Now, almost any fan could sit down, watch RiD, and appreciate what it is.

good voice acting? you gottabe joking. RID has the worse voice acting in any tf so far. Prime's voice is dull, and not powerfull like it should be. And the megatron is worse than g1 megatron.

Skybyte though yes, he was the best one on there.

I used to have a bootleg copy of the enitre RiD run, but I let a girl borrow them and forgot to get them back before I broke up w/ her. Now she says she gave them back a long time ago. :grr

But RiD is by far my favorite TF series ever.

RID isnt anything near as good as armada/energon or galaxy force IMO, but it still ranks for me as good entertainment.

Armada is an abomination! I am suffering through the box set right now, got one disk left. Even the gobots cartoon is better than this. The story is the only thing that is holding it together! RID had its faults, but they were mostly in the story. I haven't seen more than 2 episodes of Energon, and one of them was a Super Link ep, so I can't comment on that yet.

Don't bother. Energon is even worse than Armada!

Archived