Hobby Japan August 2006 MP-3 Starscream Article

News Editor

::looks at original.. Looks at new version..::

Looks like the kibble bits can either be on the legs or hang of the hips.. (hopefully)

Looks like that this is MPv 2.1 he has aditiona panels on his arms, New legs, New crotch panels, even improved hands cool!

hey is that the second head option too??

tkt71889.jpg

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looks super amazo-awesometastic-glad-I-preordered-maybe-I-should-get-three to me.  :thumb

People, the pictures are of two separate designs, not of two options for one mold. If you REALLY want options, bust out the dremel tool and pinning kit.

I'd say he looks slightly more refined overall in his redesign, and the hip kibble actually looks better. He looks less bottom-heavy.

I suppose that could be the case, but I don't know why on earth they would redesign the MASTERPIECE figure to make it look LESS show accurate....

it seems that Takara is trying to make the jet mode look more realistic which means they might be aimming this toy more at the military collectors' market than the tf collectors'.

I can see the added detail makes a difference, but its kinda like why bother.

Its like the Robot Masters G1 prime vs the THS, why did they bother with RM?  I got a couple knockoff's of that, and then poof there's another one in better detail.

I'd rather pay $30 to get 3 simple ones to repaint than $150 for 3 more detailed yet a scale or 2 bigger. 

Can't help being a customizer, and wanting the 3 Seekers, plus more bang for my buck. 

Now one the size and die cast as MP1 (which is another oddity, its like calling the HUMMER 2 the same as a standard Hummer) if they made this screamer THAT big, I'd drop the $100+ on that and just stick with the one.  And probably be real happy.

$40 to fill my tank this morning...that's one screamer right there gone flush...

Does this mean they might make a better classic Hotrod, same issue with the screamers?  And the purple megatron gun? 

I can see the added detail makes a difference, but its kinda like why bother.

Its like the Robot Masters G1 prime vs the THS, why did they bother with RM?  I got a couple knockoff's of that, and then poof there's another one in better detail.

I'd rather pay $30 to get 3 simple ones to repaint than $150 for 3 more detailed yet a scale or 2 bigger. 

Can't help being a customizer, and wanting the 3 Seekers, plus more bang for my buck. 

Now one the size and die cast as MP1 (which is another oddity, its like calling the HUMMER 2 the same as a standard Hummer) if they made this screamer THAT big, I'd drop the $100+ on that and just stick with the one.  And probably be real happy.

$40 to fill my tank this morning...that's one screamer right there gone flush...

Does this mean they might make a better classic Hotrod, same issue with the screamers?  And the purple megatron gun? 

i'd say wait for hasbro to make the repaints...

Wow... yeah. He looks a lot different. I like the new panels and detail but I'm worried about the fins. I like the fins on his legs. If they're on his hips... it doesn't matter if they're removable as TF's with parts that remove for transformation are all lame. If you have the option, that means there will either be pegs or holes on the hips. I'm gonna be upset if I have to take the dremel to this fig to fix dissappointments... but I'm not cancelling my preorder =P

Archived