Alt. Prime Deserves Not To Suck (so I did this)

Minion

Does anyone have detailed instructions on the mod process. whatever happened to the thread that was suppost to be up at transtopia.

Not stepping on your toes Superquad...but TFmaster and Gryph did post a quik tutorial on the leg mod for prime at Transtopia in the Minor Alterations section....

.....But yes SQ, please proceed with the full idiot proof guide (that way I won't make any mistakes :thumb )

And yes I'm being patient.

Oh, by no means are you! One of my assignments at Transtopia is to come up with a comprehensive guide to Alt Prime mods, since many are interested in it. I also would like to wait until I approach the mold myself, so I can know what I'm writing about as well! :)

I can't guarentee it'll be idiot proof though :tftongue *looks in the mirror of the one compiling it*

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is my first post, so hello all.

ive been lurking on the forum for a while and im in awe of your work - theres some terrific stuff here.

when i found this thread i was inspired to try my first alteration, im not a fan of primes shoulder kibble so i made the door swivel alteration first - and when i tried pushing the doors all the way back - it reminded me of gears' odd head.

this is very much a WIP and i dont at this point intend to alter the car mode.

still to do:

make knee alterations (as per this thread).

more red on the lower leg.

resolve the waist issue (maybe just paint the screws red!)

possibly paint the seats blue to emphasie the arms (hes got such big shoulders i figure maybe he can get away with it)

face - eyes blue and paint yellow bits red.

ive been using montana gold brand spray paint.

post-7592-1157641182.jpg

this is my first post, so hello all.

ive been lurking on the forum for a while and im in awe of your work - theres some terrific stuff here.

when i found this thread i was inspired to try my first alteration, im not a fan of primes shoulder kibble so i made the door swivel alteration first - and when i tried pushing the doors all the way back - it reminded me of gears' odd head.

this is very much a WIP and i dont at this point intend to alter the car mode.

still to do:

make knee alterations (as per this thread).

more red on the lower leg.

resolve the waist issue (maybe just paint the screws red!)

possibly paint the seats blue to emphasie the arms (hes got such big shoulders i figure maybe he can get away with it)

face - eyes blue and paint yellow bits red.

ive been using montana gold brand spray paint.

post-7592-1157641182.jpg

Welcome to the board!

Nice WIP...are you gonna put a design on the hood to resemble the original? And did Cybertron Jetfires head fit pretty easily?

Non-the-less... :thumb

yeah, im not sure how - but i plan to put a yellow triangle on the hood and would like an autobot insignia on the belt buckle - oh and the crotch needs to be red also, i forgot to add that to my to do list.

jetfires ballsocket hole was a litte large - so i put a little blu-tak in the head so that it could be posed. its not the nicest 'feel' but its perfecly functional.

ive done more work on the head (all red except for blue eyes and silver mouthpiece) and plan to work on the lower body tomorrow.

laters. :tftongue

I plan on getting a second alt prime for doing some of this, and was wondering what to do with the bumpers if I'm not doing the chest mod?I thought about putting some guns in them and have them pointing straight, but that would limit arm posability. Also what would I do with the chairs on his arms?

Here is a mod from Japan...

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~tfup/imgboardp...ba.php?res=3871

1156285762673.jpg

Here is a link to a picture of Prime and Black Convoy with this mod...

http://f59.aaa.livedoor.jp/~tfup/imgboardp...56260678466.jpg

I opened up my alt prime's leg and there is no way for them to extend that far without doing some cutting.

I finally got my Prime and a camera, so here's some shots of mine. I don't really like that bumper/grill chest mod, so I skipped it, but I love how the rest came out. The legs don't have to be completley blue, guys.

AltPrimeCustom.jpg

alt3.jpg

alt4.jpg

what did you do to the chairs? And the bumpers?

Archived