Alt Kup Kitbash WIP

Lobo

Figured I'd start a new thread on this. I'm attempting to make and Alternator Kup using an extra Smokescreen and a 1:25 Chevy SSR.  I want to show the process I use and maybe it'll help with your projects. 

This pic is what I'm going for. I didn't make the Digibash and don't know who did.  I think it came off the 2005 boards. Special thanks to Adi for finding it!

*edit*

Lazerbeak on the TFW2005 Boards made the Digibash back in November.  Awesome work!

post-39-1108477104.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First up is the model kit. The pic shows the basic body part I'll use for construction. I was happy to find out that the rear bumper is not part of the main body and it works almost perfectly for for the feet. I also measured the inside of the body and the length just to make sure the Alternator will fit in the model. In this case the wheel base is slightly longer than Smokes. But because the legs transform the way they do, it's easy to lenghten it.

post-39-1108477582.jpg

I think that it's based off of a Meister body, but other than that good luck!

Yup. And for some reason, his right foot is still from the S2000, while the left foot was changed to part of the truck bed. :P

I noticed that too, I'm guessing it was because it would have been difficult to "create" the proper texture of the inside of the foot while changing the shape to match the SSR rear end. Whoever did the digibash probably figured that due to the pose, it was almost un-noticable anyway, except for the trunk lid on top of the foot. Other than that, it's a very nice digibash, IMO.

My question is what will be done with the sides of the truck bed and the tonneau cover in robot mode on the physical version. Those parts of the truck are just casually ommitted from the digibash, which again is almost unnoticable until you try to figure out how it would actually transform.

Good luck on the bash, I've been wanting to see eomeone do one of these for a long time. I love the truck, and the charachter was one of my favorites from the post-movie era of G1. :thumb

Ok, I'm back. My office all of a sudden turned into the conversation pit. :tfmad

Anyway back to the subject. A Jazz Alt might have been the right answer, but for some reason my Wlamart won't stock him. Plus I had an extra Smokes and the bot mode looks the same.

Next step was to dismatle Smokes taking off anything not needed. I removed the wheels using Dark Lord Prime's technique from the Idiots Guide (Works Great, check it out). I then took my Dremel with a sanding drum and began to shave down the front and back of the alt as needed so it would fit in the model. Front clip was majorlly reworked, arms had to be rounded, and rear of bot had to be narrowed and the top shaved down. Heres a pic.

post-39-1108482138.jpg

Next step is to fit the body on the alt. I haven't cut up the body yet because I want to keep the shape and make sure everything gits. For the sides of the bed, I'm planning on using the same transformation as Smokes legs and have them fold behind the feet.

post-39-1108482465.jpg

Archived