Alt Kup Kitbash WIP

Lobo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If only Lobo posted sooner than weeks ago, we might have some idea.

Sorry 'bout that. Works been keeping me really busy.

As far as progress, not much. In fact, I got him all boxed up at the moment. The job I'm on is finishing up, so I'll be moving soon. I WILL finish him when I'm settled in again.

But, I did started working on the head mold and have it somewhat close to finished. I'm taking Smokes head, shaping it with epoxy, and using Sideswipes face. The biggest problem is trying to make it look halfway decent while still keeping the right dimensions so it will fit in car mode. And hopefully I can get the scowl and face details right. I figured it would be the hardest part to do and I'm starting to think I'm right.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. And I'll keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

Alrighty,  Back to work on Kup.  I started right where I left off in February, and did everything this weekend.

I got the body cut up and attached to SS.  This is the front clip work. 

KupWIPFrontClip.jpg

KupWIPFrontAfterGlue.jpg

One problem I did run across is that the back of the hood overlaps the windshield in a way that makes it impossilble to transform like Smokes originally did. Only way to overcome it is to take the hood off during transformation.  :tfmad

Also, I had to figure out what to do with the legs.  I ended up cutting up the back end of the truck and attaching the body to Smokes legs like normal.  Didn't turn out to bad, IMO.  One thing that made me mad is that I had to put in a hinge to allow the back part of the feet to fold up during transformation.  Looks like crap in Alt mode.  Don't know what I'm going to do yet.

KupWIPLegs.jpg

KupWIPAltLegs2.jpg

And some bot mode shots.  The head is not right (Too Big).  It's one I did for practice.  Going to try and make a new one.  I also have to figure out a way to raise the head up out of the hood but still make it fit in Alt mode.  One more on the list.  :tfsad

Still have a lot of work to do before paint.  Hope you enjoy.

KupWIPBotFront.jpg

KupWIPBotBack.jpg

KupWIPBotSide.jpg

No Alt mode shots yet.  I'm waiting til I get the doors attached.

Archived