Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

i like hasbro takara evenly

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I stopped to consider die-cast versus plastic, it came down to the same reasons - US safety standards. How in the world Hasbro was able to release a metal MP Prime is beyond me.

Hasbro releases the Alts without die-cast to keep them at a lower price point, it has nothing to do with safety. They released the 20th Prime as die-cast because they knew collectors would be willing to pay for a more expensive version.

Why would I order Takara wait days for the toy to come or ride to wal mart and get the same thing cheaper and now so.....

 

 

 

 

Screw Takara make mine Hasbro

B/C the Takra Toys are more show acc. have better paint apps, or are exclusive to japan

Hasbro, there cheaper and had some better lines like BW.

Hasbro 4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the announcement of Takaras lame MP-2 Ultra Magnus Hasbro now has my full support. Shame on you Takara!

 

 

:fire

Since the announcement of Takaras lame MP-2 Ultra Magnus Hasbro now has my full support. Shame on you Takara!

 

 

:fire

for doing the same repaint Hasbro did in G1 :roll

Since the announcement of Takaras lame MP-2 Ultra Magnus Hasbro now has my full support. Shame on you Takara!

 

 

:fire

for doing the same repaint Hasbro did in G1 :roll

:wtf Well X-Bob, just to be fair, when Hasbro released Ultra Magnus back in '86 he was represented as being the combined form of the cab AND the trailer. Therefore being completely different from Prime.

 

And I sadly have to agree with OP2004. Shame on Takara indeed.

I can understand doing straight repaints of figures for the (cheaper) mainlines (Energon/Armada), but for the Masterpiece line? For shame. They really think that they will make money off of this? The customer would be paying for a 114 dollar repaint. No remolding, no new accessories, just a different paint job. WTF?

 

Even BT/Alt. Silverstreak had more remolding than this guy. Sheesh.

  • 2 weeks later...

Screw both of them! Estrela all the way! They took the minibots and made them COLOURFUL!!!!!!

 

But seriously. This isn't a very big issue for me, as my primary collecting interest is the original 7 minibots in all of their worldwide variants, including copyright stampings and mould changes, and all that pedantry. Before anyone says I'm nuts: what's it to you? It's MY money.

 

Outside of minibots, I only buy the odd item here and there I really like. So I voted for Takara, because overall I prefer the Takara product to the Hasbro product. And because Takara came up with the initial concept. If it weren't for Diaclone, Hasbro and Marvel wouldn't have come up with Transformers in all likelihood, and by this point in time with internet and all that, I'd have discovered Diaclone...and if not, I'd still be spending the money, but on model trains instead, and I'd be buying the more expensive, better looking, better quality model-railway equivalent to Takara (Roco) rather than the poorer, cheaper Hasbro equivalent (Tyco, for example).

 

The discussion is irrelevant anyways, since as others have pointed out, the US collector market is much smaller than the Japanese. And, in the US and Canada, adult collectors are often viewed as wierd, whereas in Japan it's viewed as perfectly normal. (Japan is also, along with Germany, probably the only place where railway fans are viewed as lunatics either, so there's another plus point in my book).

 

In the end it all goes down to what I said earlier: it's MY money, *I* earned it, I'll spend it on what I like better.

 

Some people are satisfied with a 10$ bottle of wine. Me, I prefer to spend more on a Chateau Lafite and get an excellent, though costlier, bottle of wine. :)

  • 1 month later...

I was going through all my tf boxs and something that has always bugged me came back alittle bit . Why does Takara seem to do so much to really make their tfs packaging look good and Hasbro doesn't? I know we are buying what's in the box, but Takara really knows how to pretty something up. I wonder if Hasbro is just to save money or if they feel the packaging doesn't matter as much as Takara.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.