How do you feel about paying $40 extra for MP Optimus Trailer?

Shadowpanther

G-1 Optimus doesn't need his trailer to be 100% complete. as he has a fully functional liscensed truck cab mode that looks convinicing without the trailer hooked up to it. in the 1980's marvel comics,optimus didn't use his trailer that much. so i'm use to seeing marvel comics optimus without a trailer.

Most who will be buying Hasbro TRU MP-10 Optimus have said the following: "the trailer will stay in the box,i'm only going to be displaying the optimus in robot mode on a display shelf."

I only like optimus toys with trailers,if the trailer forms robot armor bits or a suit of armor for the robot mode to wear Via a super robot mode.

Actually yes Optimus does need his trailer to be 100% complete. As Optimus does not look right without his trailer, that is why Optimus finally got a trailer for Dark Of The Moon, He has used his trailer in the G-1 Cartoon. As a matter of fact when you saw Optimus in his Alt mode he always had his trailer, whether it was in the Cartoon, or any of the G-1 comics, no matter what he always had his trailer. So it is needed. Your just trying to be cheap by saying it is not needed when it is. What Takara and Hasbro have done is finally give the fans a true G-1 MP Optimus that is complete. If you don't like the price then do not buy it.

In a perfect world,Takara would have also created a MP-10A Ultra Magnus repaint but it comes with the car carrier trailer that splits into armor parts the robot mode wears for a super robot mode. <------this is what I want. not useless trailer for optimus that just splits open to the sides.

everyone is saying they want a complete optimus with trailer. but the trailer won't be on TF fans display shelves. the hasbro MP TRU trailer will get left in the box while the optimus robot mode is on a display shelf.

Let's see I'm sure we will see Ultra Magnus later on, that is easy just paint him white and add a new trailer

You say the Trailer wont be in the shelf, But mine will be. Just like my Justitoys Trailer is on the shelf with my MP-01 and the trailer for my G-1 Optimus and the 3rd Party G-3 Trailer is on the shelf with my Henkei Convoy.

So you are wrong on both counts, and like I said if you don't like the $100 price tag, then don't buy it and stop arguing about it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a perfect world,Takara would have also created a MP-10A Ultra Magnus repaint but it comes with the car carrier trailer that splits into armor parts the robot mode wears for a super robot mode. <------this is what I want. not useless trailer for optimus that just splits open to the sides.

everyone is saying they want a complete optimus with trailer. but the trailer won't be on TF fans display shelves. the hasbro MP TRU trailer will get left in the box while the optimus robot mode is on a display shelf.

And who's to say that MP-10U (U as in Ultra Magnus) isn't already in Takara's plans? Who's to say that Hasbro won't bring that out complete over here once Takara has made it?

"But I don't like Optimus Prime's trailer because it only splits open to the sides!" We get it. But the trailer did more than just that. For the G1 toy, you had Roller and could fit an Autobot car inside. This toy also has Roller, and can carry a Deluxe car inside. (but not both) It also serves as a place to store his weapons, including the rifle if you don't want to store it in his back. It has spots for Spike to look like he's actually doing something. And it also has the repair drone. This trailer is actually doing quite a bit. But if none of that is at all appealing to you, then the solution is simple. Don't buy the toy and stick with the Masterpiece Optimus Prime you already have while you await Masterpiece Ultra Magnus to eventually be done. Perhaps this would be best, since you're so dead set against the trailer.

Movie Trilogy OP's trailer. Now THERE'S a near useless hunk of overpriced plastic...

Hey, was't the first MP1 Optimus Prime in 2005/6 sold at $100 anyway?

Hasbro's MP-01 that got sold in America on it's firt release at Walmart stores for $64.99. at target & TRU stores it was $69.99.

Honestly the Hasbro TRU MP-01 was well worth $64.99 because it was 12 inches tall in robot mode. most importantly the toy used a whole bunch of diecast metal. had strong plastic. the engineering,high sculpt & poseabilty are way over the charts.

Last week I cleaned my masterpiece TF toy shelf. I held Hasbro MP-01 in my hand & the toy felt like it easily weighed over 10 pounds.

Hasbro released the MP-01 optimus toy a second time & gave it cartoon accurate colors. it was called the "20th anniversary edition". this second release with newer colors sold for a bit more than the first release. most USA stores sold it for around $79.99. Walmart sold it for $69.99. the toy quickly went on clearance sale & the price got dropped by $15 to $20 dollars.

Takara MP-10 Convoy just can't compare to the awesomeness of Takara MP-01 Convoy. because the Takara MP-10 Convoy is only 9 inches tall in robot mode,has very little diecast metal on the toy,has feet showing in alt mode & uses inferior plastic quality/engineering & so forth.

The overuse of metal was one of the worst elements of 20th Prime, actually. It made him so heavy he couldn't support his own weight to hold a pose, and the metal had chipped paint basically right out of the box. If the DVD edition rerelease (or any of Takara's 50 reuses of the mold) had been all-plastic, the original 20th Prime would have been in the garbage where it belonged. Once the new MP Prime comes out it might still be.

$100 for a complete Prime, plus a Spike figure is a much better deal than 20th Prime.

Hey, was't the first MP1 Optimus Prime in 2005/6 sold at $100 anyway?

Hasbro's MP-01 that got sold in America on it's firt release at Walmart stores for $64.99. at target & TRU stores it was $69.99.

Honestly the Hasbro TRU MP-01 was well worth $64.99 because it was 12 inches tall in robot mode. most importantly the toy used a whole bunch of diecast metal. had strong plastic. the engineering,high sculpt & poseabilty are way over the charts.

Last week I cleaned my masterpiece TF toy shelf. I held Hasbro MP-01 in my hand & the toy felt like it easily weighed over 10 pounds.

Hasbro released the MP-01 optimus toy a second time & gave it cartoon accurate colors. it was called the "20th anniversary edition". this second release with newer colors sold for a bit more than the first release. most USA stores sold it for around $79.99. Walmart sold it for $69.99. the toy quickly went on clearance sale & the price got dropped by $15 to $20 dollars.

Takara MP-10 Convoy just can't compare to the awesomeness of Takara MP-01 Convoy. because the Takara MP-10 Convoy is only 9 inches tall in robot mode,has very little diecast metal on the toy,has feet showing in alt mode & uses inferior plastic quality/engineering & so forth.

The overuse of metal was one of the worst elements of 20th Prime, actually. It made him so heavy he couldn't support his own weight to hold a pose, and the metal had chipped paint basically right out of the box. If the DVD edition rerelease (or any of Takara's 50 reuses of the mold) had been all-plastic, the original 20th Prime would have been in the garbage where it belonged. Once the new MP Prime comes out it might still be.

$100 for a complete Prime, plus a Spike figure is a much better deal than 20th Prime.

Don't toss it away, send it to me :thumb I'm sure I could do someting with it

G-1 Optimus doesn't need his trailer to be 100% complete. as he has a fully functional liscensed truck cab mode that looks convinicing without the trailer hooked up to it. in the 1980's marvel comics,optimus didn't use his trailer that much. so i'm use to seeing marvel comics optimus without a trailer.

Most who will be buying Hasbro TRU MP-10 Optimus have said the following: "the trailer will stay in the box,i'm only going to be displaying the optimus in robot mode on a display shelf."

I only like optimus toys with trailers,if the trailer forms robot armor bits or a suit of armor for the robot mode to wear Via a super robot mode.

I'm still not going to try to convince you that you want a trailer, a) it is your right, and b) I know that it would be futile. But I do feel the need to argue a few of your points with you.

First, other then the Binaltech/Alternaters/Kiss Players version, the Alternity version (which wasn't even a truck) and the Sports Label version (which wasn't even a vehicle), when has G1 Optimus's alternate mode ever been licenced? The big-ol flat nosed red box of a truck that we all know and love was, like many other G1 vehicles, made to look similar to an actual vehicle, but was not a licenced exact copy of a vehicle.

And how can G1 Optimus ever be complete without his trailer? Was it a major componant of his character design in the G1 cartoon? Yup. Was it part of his original toy? Yup. Those would be the two biggest criteria to me on the necessity of having something included in an upsated toy in order to be "complete."

I am also curious if you could offer some sources for your comment that most people planning on buying it will be leaving the trailer in the box. That doesn't seem to quite jive with the massive enthusiasm I have seen being expressed for the trailer. Why would so many people be going, "Yay, trailer!" if they were never going to take it out of the box. That would be like taking an excited family to the amusement park, who have all been looking forward to going to the amusement park... only to have an excited day sitting in the parking lot of the amusement park, then going home. That does not seem logical.

I, myself, will definitely be taking it out of the box. And... this is an older, and slightly blury photo... but I am not home this weekend to take a new one, and my Optimi are all in vehicle mode at the moment, anyway... but even in robot mode, mine that have trailers all have them with them! (I will admit that space has gotten a bit tight where they are... but I shall somehow find a way to include the glory of MP-10 in here. May help that, as much as I like to keep my Optimi together, at the moment my Classics shelf has won priority on having Classics Optimus with them.

HPIM1085.jpg

(Amusingly as far as a counterpoint to your points go... it is a bit hard to see in the above photo as it isn't in the front, but while I will admit it isn't always the case and I will often display him in his armored mode, in that photo I see that Powermaster Prime is his smaller robot, and his trailer is in base mode! ;) )

And Masterpiece Optimus was called 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime on it's initial run. The cartoon colored version released in 2006 was called 20th Anniversary DVD Edition Optimus Prime, to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of The Transformers the Movie and it's availability on DVD. (the DVD came with the US release of this, I believe.)

In the convolouted tale of how I gradually put together a complete original Masterpiece Prime, I can confirm that the DVD Edition did not come with a DVD. (The name was purely indicitive of it coming out around the same time as the film on DVD.) A rather odd and confusing piece of toy naming on Hasbro's part, I will admit.

(The convolouted tale, if you are interested, goes something like this: I bid on an eBay auction for MP-4 that says in big print, "Mint in Box!" and is going for what looks for a good price. I win. I receive only a trailer. I complain to the seller. He points out the tiny-fonted print way down in the item discription that says, "Trailer Only." How only half of a toy can be described as "mint in box" is beyond me and I am rather annoyed, and do feel I paid way too much for only the trailer... but life sucks sometime. Soon after, I find the 20th Avviversary DVD Edition in Target for 75% off... Yay! That takes the sting off. Back to eBay for replacement full-length smoke stacks, and overall a happy ending.

Although that first seller, I do hope karma bites him in the arse, someday...)

I can readily think of only one issue that prominently omitted his trailer , the one with Sky Lynx in the space circus. And honestly, I try to forget that one. And few of his toys had licensed altmodes - the Alternator pickup truck and the Alternity car. 20th Prime certainly didn't - it might have turned out decent if Takara had had to get the licensor's approval. The only person who would think that 20th Prime had a convincing altmode is my blind ex-girlfriend.

Take a look:

7237266240_0c3a516bbe_b.jpg

7237258288_791a2bfc08_b.jpg

7237255968_f21eaab0d5_b.jpg

7237254934_51189dceae_b.jpg

Does it look like I'm going to be keeping the trailer in the box? :tfgrin

Optimus Prime without a trailer is like Megatron without a scope and silencer barrel. Nuff said.

*ahem*

convoy_stances.jpg

^none of these poses have any support assistance, including the fourth one where he's standing on one leg. ;)

Also, over 400 photos here:

:) I find the original MP Convoy to be able to hold multiple poses on his own just fine. :)

I had a chance to see MP10 IRL yesterday. It's a very nice figure - the colours on the TakTOM version is very nice (although there is some flat grey on some parts of the inside trailer and Combat Deck claw-arm and radar), but it's smaller and completely plastic. And it's more expensive than MP04 which retailed at Target for approx. $80 less (and that's not even factoring in postage cost for MP10).

Archived