Masterpiece Devastator

WraithVerge

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that sculpture! I hope each of the vehicles is at the Alternators 1:24 scale. Something I've been thinking about concerning Devastator. Unlike their G1 counterparts, these figures won't all be the same general size. Long Haul may be massively larger than Bonecrusher, for example. So it's not vital that all their vehicle or bot modes be about the same size. Also, the forearms and thighs may have to be formed from separate vehicles, maybe trailers pulled behind the construction vehicles, or from additional minor transformers (bringing the total number of bots in this monstrocity to 10 at least.... ugh!) At any rate, I hope all the components are self-contained.... ideally there would be no snap-on parts (like Starscream's or OP's snap-on hands and such).

"Prepare for termination!" :thumb

Not trying to be a passimist nor a dick here, but how much experience do you have building toys/models from scratch or simply in kitbashing?

Your project, though sounds great, seems too overwhelming. A bit over the top. Maybe you have a vast background and knowledge in these type of things, but if not, I suggest you attempt something easier.

My 2 cents

I love that sculpture! I hope each of the vehicles is at the Alternators 1:24 scale. Something I've been thinking about concerning Devastator. Unlike their G1 counterparts, these figures won't all be the same general size. Long Haul may be massively larger than Bonecrusher, for example. So it's not vital that all their vehicle or bot modes be about the same size. Also, the forearms and thighs may have to be formed from separate vehicles, maybe trailers pulled behind the construction vehicles, or from additional minor transformers (bringing the total number of bots in this monstrocity to 10 at least.... ugh!) At any rate, I hope all the components are self-contained.... ideally there would be no snap-on parts (like Starscream's or OP's snap-on hands and such).

"Prepare for termination!"  :thumb

Agreed. Although I'll love to see where you go with this with all the articulation and all. Do you have any drawings that you can share? :tftongue

It has already been done, and pretty fantastically at that. Might wanna use this as a model...

Articulated G1 Devastator

OMFG!!!! That's AWESOME!!! Why in the hell haven't I seen that before?

It has already been done, and pretty fantastically at that. Might wanna use this as a model...

But the topic creator is proposing doing this project in the Alternator's style. 1:24 scale models, transforming without a hint of what they hide, and being able to combine flawlessly.

However, I think you might HAVE to provide some parts in some way. For instance, in the cement truck, if you make it so it opens, and inside it has the fists and head?

This project intrigues me. I shall think on it more.

But the topic creator is proposing doing this project in the Alternator's style. 1:24 scale models, transforming without a hint of what they hide, and being able to combine flawlessly.

Well, I guess that's another story. The ones I linked to are bigger than the original, just not 1:24? I still think Wraith could kind of use them as a rough blue print.

Also I don't know why you haven't seen it before Orion. Has anybody ever fronted it on the kitbash page. Somebody should, I guess...Maybe I will.

Archived