Is it just me or is TFormers a wasteland right now?

Jason X

I tend not to post much or read many posts when I don't have any money to buy the things that I see or talk about on here. I think I'd rather not know what good stuff there is to be had, so I just stay away. For instance, much of the talk these days is about 3rd party stuff - I just can't afford it and it depresses me to read about it :shrug

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, forums go through their periods of traffic.

Also, totally playing Teenage Wasteland now.

Interesting. I hadn't considered an economic factor but with things as tight as they tend to be these days it makes perfect sense.

Nah, I wouldn't take the economy into consideration. This fandom grew during times of no TF product, not being able to buy stuff should get in the way.

Maybe--in addition to everything outlined already in this thread--discussion is being stifled somewhat by a lack of diversity?

Not so very long ago, you had Animated, Classics/Universe and The Bayverse, in addition to those still collecting G1/BW/BM/AEC product in the secondary market. Nowadays, even with TF: Prime, it's all about The Bayverse (TF:P has no toyline available at the retail level just yet, and the show itself is not available to a wide enough audience). I think that this could have at least a little bit to do with it.

The end result is that there just isn't all that much to discuss. I myself am tired of talking about Michael Bay; I haven't bothered to watch TF:P--for a couple of reasons, the most pertinent being that I don't want to get behind a TF show again, fall in love with it again and see it get cancelled...AGAIN; the economy is severely affecting mine and most others ability to continue collecting vintage figures--as well as BW/BM/AEC and anything third party-related on the secondary market and there is just an overall oversaturation of Bayverse product that honestly does not look like it has picked up where HFTD/RTS/Generations left off, other than a few figures. There just plain isn't enough going on in the world of TFs that is of any interest to me right now.

Maybe--in addition to everything outlined already in this thread--discussion is being stifled somewhat by a lack of diversity?

Not so very long ago, you had Animated, Classics/Universe and The Bayverse, in addition to those still collecting G1/BW/BM/AEC product in the secondary market. Nowadays, even with TF: Prime, it's all about The Bayverse (TF:P has no toyline available at the retail level just yet, and the show itself is not available to a wide enough audience). I think that this could have at least a little bit to do with it.

The end result is that there just isn't all that much to discuss. I myself am tired of talking about Michael Bay; I haven't bothered to watch TF:P--for a couple of reasons, the most pertinent being that I don't want to get behind a TF show again, fall in love with it again and see it get cancelled...AGAIN; the economy is severely affecting mine and most others ability to continue collecting vintage figures--as well as BW/BM/AEC and anything third party-related on the secondary market and there is just an overall oversaturation of Bayverse product that honestly does not look like it has picked up where HFTD/RTS/Generations left off, other than a few figures. There just plain isn't enough going on in the world of TFs that is of any interest to me right now.

I wouldn't worry as much about Prime going anywhere like other shows did. Last I heard it was the #1 program that the Hub had going, so I'd say it's going to treated as royalty there unless the whole network goes bust. My only gripe is the scheduling of the show and the slow pace of getting to any new episodes.

Anyway, I'm actually surprised more people aren't turning here going away from the more crowded forums. Anytime there is a new topic posted for discussion there are 20 pages of replies before anyone knows what happened. Hard to keep up in a discussion when the replies fly faster than people can keep up. Most peoples posts get lost in a sea and probably never even get read. So what's the point?

This was my first forum. I didn't post for awhile, but always checked in here and there. Only thing anyone probably bothered to notice was the lack of long winded posts after I left, but couldn't put a finger on what was misssing.

TNI forums used to have a monthly $100 store credit giveaway from BBTS. Each post gave you an entry and winner was drawn on 1st of every month. When those contests were going, that forum was JUMPING. When they stopped, it then became a ghost town. Don't know who put an end to that. I was under the impression that Joel from BBTS was in on it, so if he stopped offering to donate the monthly prize or what, I don't know, but that was a great way to get people posting!

I think another factor of people being bored of Tf-s in general is the fact that it-s all the same at the moment. And it doesn-t look like it-s gonna change any time soon.

Example. I liked the movie Tf-s when they first came out, bought a whole load of them, enjoyed them greatly. Animated came out in the USA and 9 MONTHS later we got the first deluxe wave in Spain. everyone else was enjoying their new figures except me, due to them only beng available if you had the shitloads of cash needed to get them imported. I-m sure the majority of europe will agree with me on that one.

Anyways moving on, now we have TF2...more movie figures, and the unfortunate fact to soome of you that animated was being cancelled. I personally, didn-t care much. the QC of the figures and the fact that we never really got much over here meant it had dried out for me. animated could GTFO as far as I was concerned. Yeah during this time we-ve had classics, universe ect ect, but that line allways seemed to take second place over any others in hasbro-s hands

Now we have TF Prime coming out, and what do these figures look like? A horrible mix of movie and animated... There are a LOT of the fandom that dislikes both aesthetics to these. So why would they spend their time looking on forums for news about them?

And on top of all this the POOR distribution of Gens and RTS is just beyond a joke.... :wtf WTF Hasbro???

Wait, TFormers has news as well?

GTFO

I tend not to post much or read many posts when I don't have any money to buy the things that I see or talk about on here. I think I'd rather not know what good stuff there is to be had, so I just stay away. For instance, much of the talk these days is about 3rd party stuff - I just can't afford it and it depresses me to read about it :shrug

Thats what I'm trying to do. I feel like if I don't see it, I won't be tempted to spend much needed money. I'll have a lot to catch up on one day tho :redface

Archived