Toys-R-Us 2 Day Sale on Transformers

insectking

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw it too... don't know if I'll go to my local Toys R Us, like 95% of what they have is ROTF, which I don't like, a couple of Animated which I already have (last time I checked one Cybertron Ratchet left, but no more Arcees) and two Universe Ultra Class (Countdown and Darkwing) which I'm not sure if I want to get.

I know what you mean, I did not buy a single ROTF toy. As a die-hard G1 guy, the novelty of Bayformers wore off after the first movie. LOVED the classics and henkei line, and I admit I never really liked the Animated line until I watched the show, then it all really grew on me. I don't own a single Animated toy, but have been itching to pick up the Takara ones. Having said all that, I don't really know how much there will be for me at TRU, but last time I was there they still had some of the Ultra Class Universe guys, as well as the Insecticons and Perceptor reissues. I think I will find something though, I am so used to spending a ton of $$$ on my bots (henkei, masterpiece, binaltech, encore, eBay) that it will be nice to get something on sale for a change!

Interesting to see that so far all the people posting in this thread have the same opinion as my own. Namely: It's a sweet deal, but they don't have jack of anything I'm looking for in the transformer aisle.

*sigh* if only they had Arcee...

I liked most of the animated ones from the beginning, and only got some, but I ended up getting all the Autobots (no re-paints) and Starscream+clones in the end.

As for ROTF, I admit I own two... Bumblebee because the only way to get the RID Bumblebee at a decent price was to get him in the WalMart Pack, that came with the Animated and ROTF ones... And Leader Class Optimus, because it was on sale. And they where such a pain to transform.

It'd be nice if the had anything I needed, (i.e. Animated Arcee)

Same here except I need Human Alliance Mudflap in a bad way.

Went and didn't see anything myself. I STILL want ROTF Prime but couldn't substantiate spending that much on him and what to spend on to make the deal a sweet one. Sigh. Still want Hoist but still left him on the shelf too.

It'd be nice if the had anything I needed, (i.e. Animated Arcee)

Same here except I need Human Alliance Mudflap in a bad way.

I still need HA Mudflap and the last wave of scouts. I'd also like to find a Hoist, to bad it's in a over priced 2 pack.

Whats worse is that once again a decent sale is going on the weekend I don't get payed.

-stupid check every other week :fire

Went and didn't see anything myself. I STILL want ROTF Prime but couldn't substantiate spending that much on him and what to spend on to make the deal a sweet one.

Dude, spend it. He's awesome. You should be able to find him for $35 somewhere(in the US anyway). He really is quite excellent, tho, I paid 40 on the first day of widespread retail release and never looked back.

Archived