Toy Fair 2010 - Official Images of Transformers Toys Shown at Hasbro!

Peter_Van

HA Jazz, new DLX Bumblebee with his axe, Prime w/ hooks, Leader Screamer, Seaspray, and PC Combiners all look pretty cool. As do the WFC figs and Drift. And Thrust. Finally, a Thrust that's not an exclusive that's within a decent purchasable range :tfdance. Lots to look forward to this year. My wallet is aching, but I'm on a bit of a buying freeze right now. Hopefully these won't be out till at least the later part of the first half of the year.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't half of the original Beast Wars figures pretty much Activators to begin with?

Yeah most of the original BW toys were Flip'formers, The only ones that weren't flip'formers were waspinator, dinobot, cheetor and tarantulas while all the others were fully transformed by just flipping a switch or pulling a piece back.

Though I would like to see a Transmetal Activator Megatron for no reason other then the fact that TM Megatron is just badass....and purple...sorta like if Barney started packing heat.

The flipformers wher origionaly just the scouts in BW. They were also present in the GS/Machinewars era

That was actualy something that irritated me with Animated and will with these movie ones. Especialy in Animated, with all the backround bots that would have been a perfect class for them. Instead, you get the same characters for about a buck less then a deluxe done not nearly as well as when they first started these some 15yrs ago.

from G1 throught TF1 off screen figures have done fine, and in TF2, they're doing just as well. It makes me wonder why the hell I need an Optimus from 1 series in every scale?

Activator Animated Preceptor anyone...

Man, I REALLY can't get over how cool human alliance jazz, drift, war for cybertron prime & bumblebee are. I gotta hand it to hasbro, those figures look great. They really make the rest of the garbage and repaints more tolerable. scout class insecticon looks pretty cool as well.. Oh, and leader class starscream needs to be released now. I'm definitely still most excited for him.

Wow....Power Core Combiners aren't looking that good....don't think I'll be picking up any of them :tfsad

Gotta say the movie line impresses me yet again, HA Jazz is simply amazing and a bit of a surprise too, I was expecting Ironhide to be a HA figure with Lennox. Not to mention the fact that Jazz's weapon turns into a bike for Lennox is just icing on the already awesome cake. He's a definate buy for me and probably the figure people will want to steal before they leave the fair.

Gotta say that the biggest disappointment of the fair has to be Elita-One, I was expecting a new mold that would at least remotely look like the character in ROTF, but turns out she's just a Chromia repaint.....WHY HASBRO WHY!.

Still even with Elite-1 and the Power Core Combiners I will say I am impressed with the Fairs new reveals, HA Jazz alone made my day and Deluxe Ironhide, Cyber blade Bumblee, and Insecticon are just little extras that make me look forward to the year even more....Oh that and MP Grimlock.......MASTERPIECE GRIMLOCK IS A TRU EXCLUSIVE.....Oh god.....MP Grimlock is a TRU exclusive.... :tfsad

I am holding out hope that the Elita-1 figure shown was a goof and they accidentally showed us a demo version of Chromia instead. The fact that the figure looks to be unpainted is the thing that is making me question if that is truly Elita.

Cross your fingers.

I hope so too, though I doubt it, which is unfortunate. If they're going to do her as a repaint (or better yet, a retool at least), they should be using the Arcee mold. It's much closer to the third sister's design and could easily be retooled to transform like her pretty much without changing the molds at all, simply by mounting the front wheel assembly differently. Instead of attaching it to the "legs" you permanently mount it to the left arm. and then have that piece rotate around over the hand in robot mode. It's that simple.

As I look at more pics of the PC Combiner line, I'm excited to tinker with them 'cuz event the 2pack figure and be combined with the drones. Sure, the legend size drones not Tfing is disappointing, but having other figure being able to combine with them also gets me excited about the possibilities.

Honestly though, I think they 'stole' the idea from the Machine robo series toys that have a main guy and 4 drones per set.

Archived