Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Review: DOTM Sentinel Prime Figure

Recommended Posts

100A.jpg
Let the Dark of the Moon reviews begin! We've been able to scrape together a few Leaders and Voyagers ahead of the shelf release and will be spending the next week getting reviews posted. We start out of the gate by reviewing perhaps the most anticipated figure, Sentinel Prime. He certainly looks like a crown jewel, but $45 is a lot of money for a figure.

Click this link to read the full review!
  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is still a crown jewel, I do agree with you that as a Leader Class, there is no excuse for his head to be visible in Alt mode. And the coloring looks bland. I'm still going to get him and also get the Takara one

Pretty nice. I'll buy Sentinel Prime, but I'll wait for the one of many sales that are sure to take place this summer.

time to make room in my overcrowding shelve :doh

 

DOTM is shaping up to be a good line. :D:D

I really like him. The visibility ofthe head is a glaring flaw but is inconsequential to MISB collectors and those who display in robot mode. Waiting for a sale makes sense (especially with Megatron and Shockwave launching at the same time) but I don't know if I'll be able to resist him.

I really don't like him, all that solid red in robot mode makes him look like an unfinished prototype.

He looks ok. Not good enough for me personally to purchase him though. That MechTech battering ram looks retarded, it looks like that house-boat-chopper from the Farmer's Insurance commercial (which even that looked cooler). Here's to hoping for Soundwave, Shockwave or a leader of that sweet Megatron truck. I'd even buy a redeco of leader Starscream before this (because I don't already have one).

I was going to wait to get him. I'm not positive if I really want him to begin with, plus the rumor that Takara will be repainting him as a movie masterpiece figure.

 

Then I saw that we're apparently getting a wave 1 case revision later of just BB followed by a wave 2 case of BB and ironhide. I think I'd better grab him now. It kinda sounds like he may be tough to get later.

Great review, Blitz-Wing. Your new system is a lot more comprehensive than your old system, and definitely seems to more thoroughly examine the toy. I am much appreciative, as your reviews were already a high-point of this site to begin with.

 

I may just get this toy, but the overall questions you've raised about its long-term durability and fragility are definitely a sticking point with me (sort of as in the case of MP-Rodimus Prime), as well as the head being made of soft rubber (the entire head?). And your review of the transformation process raises a red flag as well. It seems very reminiscent of the garbage system used for Leader Class Movie Brawl, or even ROTF LC Jetfire. Neither transformation was particularly well thought-out or fluid, IMO.

 

SP does look amazing, though...in both modes. One question, though: in your past reviews, you did include pics of both the front and the rear of the robot mode. Is it possible for you to continue that in future reviews, as well as shots of the rear of the alternate mode? I find that these things are major selling points with me.

Thanks for the great review.

 

I gotta say that although the fact that you can see the head in alt mode is lamentable, opaque windows SCREAM "cheap" and are widely hated.

 

I like this figure a lot though.

I would absolutely kill to get this figure if he were identical... except with Animated styling.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.