Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Review: DOTM Sentinel Prime Figure

Recommended Posts

I don't feel like making a new topic, so I'll post this here. Some things I've noticed with SP.

 

The front back tires do not sit even with the other back tires, and thus do not touch the ground on a flat surface. I've pushed all the tires up as high as they will go and I don't see the problem.

 

The panels that are attached to the arms, refuse to stay tabbed in in alt mode. It could just be a defect in mine, I really don't know. I'll probably try and get a replacement since there were lots of paint spills anyway.

 

The packaging mentions "robot combat sounds" but I hear nothing and there is no mention in the instructions. It also only makes the transformation sound when removing his mechtech weapon from alt mode. Random, much?

 

And by far the most important thing I've noticed is that he is effing awesome, depsite the above flaws. Best leader class figure since RotF OP, in my opinion, with Starscream a close third.

 

Edit: Twfiki says "When a button on his chest is pushed, he says one of three phrases; "I am Sentinel Prime!" "Good to se you alive, Optimus." and "What has happened to the AllSpark?"" Yet mine only says the first. Is that normal?

 

Fiddled with the figure some more last night, and the tire problem may have been because I didn't have the legs at a precise angle. Still can't get those panels to close, though.

 

As for the sounds, it seems all of the sound effects mentioned only happen with a mechtech weapon attached. It's like cyberkeys/minicons all over again. :roll

I've noticed on some toys that feature audio there is a switch that has "on", "off", and "demo" positions. In "demo" the phrases are limited to one, maybe two. I believe ROTF Devastator had this going on. Could this be the problem with SP? I don't have him yet so I don't know.

 

I've looked all over, and I didn't see a switch. The instructions don't say anything, either. So it's all up to that mechtech slot.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devy had a switch? I just looked at Mixmaster and saw no such switch. Neither he nor Sentinel have one

Sorry guys, I must've been wrong about that one. Maybe the audio changed when the mixer locked in in combined mode. I just remember he would only say "I am Devastator!" at certain times. That kind of lends credence to the mech tech weapon locking in theory.

Incidentally, I may have been thinking of Animated Ultra Magnus. I'll have to check when I get home.

The one your thinking of was Ultimate Bumblebee

The one your thinking of was Ultimate Bumblebee

Actually I think I was thinking of that Supreme class Animated Optimus that transforms as you roll it across the floor now that I think I'm thinking about it but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Ultimate BB was set up the same way. I think :P

The one your thinking of was Ultimate Bumblebee

Actually I think I was thinking of that Supreme class Animated Optimus that transforms as you roll it across the floor now that I think I'm thinking about it but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Ultimate BB was set up the same way. I think :P

 

Ultimate Bumblebee from Transformers 2007 had it first :P

7/10 for this figure? He's missing about half of the tabs he'd need to stay in vehicle mode, has a face only a blind mother starved for attention and slightly drunk could love, and has a backpack full of kibble.

It's a shame, too, as the vehicle mode is pretty sweet... or would be if you could transform him into it w/o superglue and a an angel with messed up priorities on your shoulder.

  • 2 weeks later...

if you plug a mechtech weapon to the spot behind the right side of his head, you will hear a connection sound. so, if you push the button on his chest, you get the other two phrases: "its good see you alive, optimus." (or something like that), and "what has happened to the allspark?" plus, if you push the button that normally sounds the siren, while mechtech weapon is attached, you get a weapon firing sound.

Spot-on review, Blitz. I agree with everything you put forth in it. If not for balance issues and the ability to properly grasp his weapons, he'd be nearly perfect. A breathtaking level of sculpted detailing in base mode and a beautiful looking alternate mode. There isn't much visually separating Sentinel from MP Grimlock or Rodimus Prime.

 

But none of that bothers me. What does bother me is his transformation sequence, which channels far too much of the horrible transformation layout of '07 Movie LC Brawl.

I cant help but see a PERFECT fusion of Roman Soldier and American Indian Shaman in his look...

 

Though I do see that head through the windshield as being a STEALTH type of AI controller for emergency extra vehicles on the scene of a BAD BAD BAD accident, kinda like it has extra cameras so that at the last possible second a human in a PREDATOR UAV controll room could take over control of him..

 

I LOVE the right facing hoses that can flip out of the bullbars too.

I cant for the life of me get him into vehicle mode properly, maybee Hasbro could use Photo based instructions in future for figures of this complexity.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.