TFA: Speed Racer Transformers

Hunter Rose

I'm kind of done with this project -I've contacted DLP and asked him to just send me the remaining pieces of both figures so that I can finish them myself (or not). I'll even pay shipping.

He hasn't responded.

I don't think DLP has been malicious in anyway, but it's been over a year and a half and clearly this project isn't going to get finished. My desire for these figures/characters has waned to the point of apathy and I can't imagine the project is any fun for him any more either.

It's done.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've finished the design for the decals, and will be printing them on the water slide decal paper shortly. When it isn't raining, I'll take it outside to spray with the sealer.

Once again, I'd like to apologize whole-heartedly to Hunter Rose for the amount of time it's taken me to do this. I really feel terrible for making him wait so long, and I promise to finish Mach 5 much faster.

In the meantime, here's a 'shopped mock-up of the Shooting Star decals:

post-2452-12739597099059_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is officially over. I have been told that the pieces are being shipped back to me, but I have not received them yet.

I have someone who can probably finish the shooting star/racerx but Blurr-Mach5 may or may not ever get done.

Part of the problem is that after a year and a half waiting, I have to ask myself if I even care any more.

Thanks for your help DLP.

some what related news:

Peter Fernandez 1927-2010

Speed Racer Vioce Actor...

Peter Fernandez, the actor and voice director best known as the title character in the animated Speed Racer series, passed away this morning due to lung cancer. He was 83.

Fernandez not only voiced Speed himself, but also his brother Racer X and several other characters in the English-dubbed adaptation of Tatsunoko's Mach Go Go Go anime series. He also directed the voice cast and even wrote the lyrics to the signature theme song. He later played Lupin III, Daisuke Jigen, and President Jimmy Carter in the JAL dubbing of the Lupin III: The Secret of Mamo film. His voice can be heard in such dubbed anime titles as Astro Boy, Gigantor, Marine Boy, Star Blazers: The Bolar Wars, and Superbook. He made a cameo appearance as an announcer in the 2008 live-action Speed Racer film.

But also some good news - I have some friends who have offered to help me finish this project along with an very very special Guest Artist/Kitbasher!!!

More info as I get it...

Archived