Universe Galvatron's third mode

masterminicon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do we really need two threads on Univ. Galvatron? :shrug

Two threads for two modes of :fail?

G1 Galvatron >>>>>>>>>>> Universe 2.0 Galvatron.

Energon TRU Megatron > Universe Classics Galvatron for me. G1 toys generally don't do it for me anymore.

G1 Galvatron >>>>>>>>>>> Universe 2.0 Galvatron.

I actually have a G1 Galvatron but no Classics 2.0 to compare.

G1 IMO was nice novelty toy but not much else.

Classics 2.0 has a much better aesthetic overall but sadly the execution is pretty crap.

I think the Energon incarnation was best and I don't even have the purple colored one.

The perfect purple Energon version doesn't exist. Hasbro's got the deco right, but used the larger (Leader ?) version of the mould, which was to big for the figure.

TT's version used the smaller mould, but f'ed up the deco. Purple on purple :cons, random powder blue highlights, it's a mess.

Hasbro would have done a better job releasing the smaller version of the mould in a G1 purple deco rather then giving us this underwhelming chunk of plastic.

Of all the versions of Energon Megs/Galvy, the best to use as Galvatron is, IMO, the TRU Megatron.

man i love the classics as they give a new update to our fav G1 figs. yes some could of been done better but for the new molds and retools i say there hitting about 90%. as there are 2 figs that are new molds i haven't got 1 grimlock 2 sliverbolt . I will not buy blaster as that is not blaster to me.

I will not buy blaster as that is not blaster to me.

Actually, considering it's be really wierd considering how outdated it'd be for Blaster to be what he was in 1985, and many people use Cybertron Soundwave for the Classics version. So it more or less makes sense to use that mold for a Classics Blaster. They painted him up like Blaster, even added his split visor from the comic and toy (it wasn't in the cartoon). And it works well. I picked him up and haven't regreted it.

However, to each his own.

I have Universe Blaster and I was pleasantly surprised with it. The color scheme is good and I think it works as Blaster. A new head would be nice, but it's good as a straight up repaint.

I'd reccomend Universe Blaster if for nothing else but Blackrock.

I much prefer the Laserbeak colors, but that red is growing on me every time I see him in the store.

Laserbeak sits on my desk. Soundwave, um, he's in my endcap if anybody wants to trade. :D

~Matt Booker

I will not buy blaster as that is not blaster to me.

Actually, considering it's be really wierd considering how outdated it'd be for Blaster to be what he was in 1985, and many people use Cybertron Soundwave for the Classics version. So it more or less makes sense to use that mold for a Classics Blaster. They painted him up like Blaster, even added his split visor from the comic and toy (it wasn't in the cartoon). And it works well. I picked him up and haven't regreted it.

However, to each his own.

:pfx

This repaint is perfect for Blaster, IMO.

Archived