New Info On Universe Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Figures

Peter_Van

Its a shame that some of you think the Japanese classics have "lame" colours. It really is. Takara's Megatron is so much better than Hasbro's, there is more detail in the paint work and in fact, Takara are applying MORE paint to the bots and MORE detail. the only thing missing are the rub signs, which are easily replaced. It seems that some of you are just defensive after buying sub-standard Hasbro versions and are a teensy bit jelous of the wise fans or fans who regardlessly waited to buy the Japanese versions.

Enjoy your bland bots and day glow megatron kiddies! The REAL classics will be on sale in march inn Japan! Cant wait!

Um.

In my book all of Hasbro's Classics are better than TT's other than Megatron and Prime. Prime is just barely better than Hasbro's, Megs is head and shoulders superior.

But the rest just look much worse. Bumblebee looks bland, Grimlock just looks awful. Mirage just looks bland and random as well. Screamer isn't that bad, compared to the other Deluxes, but that's not saying much...

Plus, we got ours two years earlier. Overall superior paint apps, lower price, and two years in advance? Yeah, I'm wicked jealous of people who waited for the Japanese versions.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to mention the fact that it's just a name, just some ink on the packaging, packaging you'll discard, never to look at again seconds after opening it.
Not all of us discard our packaging, or even open it.

His correct name in Japanese was "Octone". ;) And the wings probably need to be short to fit under/in "tank" in truck mode.
It's Octane. And someone else got the license on the name, so they needed to change it.
Both Seibertron and Wikipedia say his Japanese name is Octone, I'm going with that.

Technically, it's "Okutoun" which is about as "Octone" as you can get. The fuel component is "Okutan".

Not to mention the fact that it's just a name, just some ink on the packaging, packaging you'll discard, never to look at again seconds after opening it.

Yes, but the MISB portion of Hasbro's market is such a minority that it's not even worth their time thinking about.

Adult collectors in general only make up, at best, %15 of Hasbro's market. Only a portion of that %15 keep their packaging at all.

So you have to ask yourself a question; Would you rather Hasbro not get around to shipping the figures at all, as they fight a losing battle to secure rights to a name just so they can appease that very small percentage of their market? Or would you rather they actually release the figure for you to have?

Yeah, it kind of sucks that they couldn't get "Octane" on the package, but it's such a minor problem I really don't see why it's such a big deal.

edit-typo

Watch this...

I call that TakaraTomy classics Powerglide is not only still white, but he has chrome boobs too. :tflaugh

WHAT'S WRONG WITH CHROME BOOBS?!!! :tfhuh

Um... you touch them and the chrome flakes off? ^_^

That being said, I think it's way too early to even be contemplating the TakTomy repaints... they're probably a ways off.

(And I can't possibly wait any longer than I have too for these figs!!!)

I like the idea that tankor is a triple changer.

But i think the wings in airplane mode are too thin to make it look realistic

we are talking about engineering a $10 toy to transform from robot to a tanker and have an articulated robot mode.

i think they've done a good job for the size as both of the alt modes look more convincing than Astrotrain's.

Yes, but the MISB portion of Hasbro's market is such a minority that it's not even worth their time thinking about.

Adult collectors in general only make up, at best, %15 of Hasbro's market. Only a portion of that %15 keep their packaging at all.

So you have to ask yourself a question; Would you rather Hasbro not get around to shipping the figures at all, as they fight a losing battle to secure rights to a name just so they can appease that very small percentage of their market? Or would you rather they actually release the figure for you to have?

Yeah, it kind of sucks that they couldn't get "Octane" on the package, but it's such a minor problem I really don't see why it's such a big deal.

Note, you're probably asking that question of the wrong person. I'm in that 15% minority, and I'm in the minority of that minority. :tflaugh And if necessary, I'm probably in the minority out of that group as well!

But whatever minority I'm a part of, I'm like anyone else: I don't like to hear, "your tastes don't count". Because I remember the next time the tables are turned. My demographic may not be anywhere near the highest priority, and that's fine.

And yeah, I've seriously decided against purchasing figures I was intending to get after finding out the neither the colors nor name was what I wanted. Because if it's gonna take that much work to get what I want, I might as well just build it from scratch an' save the money for that intent (or others) instead.

Seriously, what can you do about the name? Hasbro tried to get it. They first announced the figure has Octane, but were forced to change it since they couldn't acquire it. If that prevents you from buying it, that is you're choice. I'll open the figure and dub him Octane. Then I'll enjoy transforming him over and over.

I was all set to buy Alternators Shockwave. That is until I realized that the package said "Shockblast" If only Hasbro had put the name "Shockwave" on the package, it could have been a great figure.

(Okay, so I actually DO have Alternators Shockwave, and I call him Shockwave, and he's an awesome figure and I could care less what the packaging said.)

Yeah,screw official names. i call Classics LOC menasor motormaster,i will buy tankor and i will love him and squeeze him and name him octane. The toy looks like epic win,period. it's not like they made him physicly look like tankor and put "Tankor smash!" on his bio,right? only thing i don´t like about him is that they chose a name that was already occupied by a character.

Archived