New Info On Universe Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Figures

Peter_Van

Yeah,screw official names. i call Classics LOC menasor motormaster,i will buy tankor and i will love him and squeeze him and name him octane. The toy looks like epic win,period. it's not like they made him physicly look like tankor and put "Tankor smash!" on his bio,right? only thing i don´t like about him is that they chose a name that was already occupied by a character.

*Wishes we could have gotten a more or less in-scale, show-accurate version of Tankor.* He was my favorite Vehicon. Hell, he was the only Beast Machines character I liked.

I see where you're coming from, though. I don't really think of Beast Machines when thinking about Transformers, but I guess it's kind of like making a figure that looks like Arcee and calling it "Botanica."

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More power to you all. :)

I haven't actually been so impressed with at least half the classics that I'd be willing to get them, so the name (well, more the color/contrast scheme) ends up adjusting my decision in borderline cases. At the moment, Tanktane is kinda one o' them..

I was all set to buy Alternators Shockwave. That is until I realized that the package said "Shockblast" If only Hasbro had put the name "Shockwave" on the package, it could have been a great figure.

(Okay, so I actually DO have Alternators Shockwave, and I call him Shockwave, and he's an awesome figure and I could care less what the packaging said.)

But his liscence plate says SHKWV or something like that. Not SHKBLT. So he is still named Shockwave. The japanese one reads Laserwave, and while G1 name or not, I don't call Shockwave "Laserwave".

Yeah,screw official names. i call Classics LOC menasor motormaster,i will buy tankor and i will love him and squeeze him and name him octane. The toy looks like epic win,period. it's not like they made him physicly look like tankor and put "Tankor smash!" on his bio,right? only thing i don´t like about him is that they chose a name that was already occupied by a character.

*Wishes we could have gotten a more or less in-scale, show-accurate version of Tankor.* He was my favorite Vehicon. Hell, he was the only Beast Machines character I liked.

I see where you're coming from, though. I don't really think of Beast Machines when thinking about Transformers, but I guess it's kind of like making a figure that looks like Arcee and calling it "Botanica."

Actually, a better example would be if they called Energon Arcee "Road Rocket" or something like that: A name that suits what she turns into, but doesn't fit, in the fan's minds, to "the character".

Heck, Cliffbee almost hated on the minicon "Scrap Iron" (Astroscope repaint) because "Satellites are expensive things and thus scrap iron is a terrible name for one."

Umm....That is the idea behind re-using a name. Every name that has ever been re-used was, by definition, previously occupied. The only way it annoys me is that now I want a new Tankor based off the Beast Machines character.

Not to mention the fact that it's just a name, just some ink on the packaging, packaging you'll discard, never to look at again seconds after opening it.
Not all of us discard our packaging, or even open it.

Yes, but the MISB portion of Hasbro's market is such a minority that it's not even worth their time thinking about.

Adult collectors in general only make up, at best, %15 of Hasbro's market. Only a portion of that %15 keep their packaging at all.

So you have to ask yourself a question; Would you rather Hasbro not get around to shipping the figures at all, as they fight a losing battle to secure rights to a name just so they can appease that very small percentage of their market? Or would you rather they actually release the figure for you to have?

Yeah, it kind of sucks that they couldn't get "Octane" on the package, but it's such a minor problem I really don't see why it's such a big deal.

Note, you're probably asking that question of the wrong person. I'm in that 15% minority, and I'm in the minority of that minority. :tflaugh And if necessary, I'm probably in the minority out of that group as well!

But whatever minority I'm a part of, I'm like anyone else: I don't like to hear, "your tastes don't count". Because I remember the next time the tables are turned. My demographic may not be anywhere near the highest priority, and that's fine.

And yeah, I've seriously decided against purchasing figures I was intending to get after finding out the neither the colors nor name was what I wanted. Because if it's gonna take that much work to get what I want, I might as well just build it from scratch an' save the money for that intent (or others) instead.

I meant no disrespect to you, or anyone else who saves the packaging, MISB or otherwise.

All I was trying to say was that the name "Tankor" on a figure that we all know is Octane is a very minor issue. Hasbro did all they could to get the rights to the name Octane, it just didn't pan out. So they went with a name of a previous character (hence re-securing their claim over that name) that kind of fit the character.

If you're not crazy for the figure in the first place, that's something else. This is a relatively draining hobby. One line ends, a new one begins, and every line has at least a few figures we'll get. Not to mention MPs, Encores, etc....

So if you decide to save some cash for a figure you think is better, or simply to put some extra cash away for food, savings, etc.... all the power to you. Neither myself or anyone else is going to rip on you for it.

Personally, I love Tankor/Octane. I can't wait. Then again, every figure from Universe/Classics 2.0 seems to be pure win.

Personally, I love Tankor/Octane. I can't wait. Then again, every figure from Universe/Classics 2.0 seems to be pure win.

Not as into Tanktane as I had hoped. Although yeah, I've been much more interested in these Classics "2.0" than I was with the first set of waves. They're lookin' pretty good.

Archived