Valkfan's Alternator Soundwave

Valkfan

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Nice.

I love your details, you have a nice eye for subtle paint apps without overdoing it.

I hope you have some sort of sculpting/toy job. It's a shame if you don't, you do a fantastic job at it. Moreso than just a hobby.

How much of "Soundwave" did you paint from the Skids figure? Did you just keep the original blue and take off the flames?

I did that with mine and reprolabeled the G1 decals. Vast improvement without the nasty flames. The details are nice, with the gold and red bits.

Even if I don't get the head for the extra Scion I bought, I'd definitely get it to put on reissue Soundwave if that would be possible at all to fit.

I hope you are planning on selling these still, it's a great sculpt.

-M

Your project looks good valkfan! Your heads always rock (I still haven't posted my BT Red Alert).

Jin, I'd say the idea was a good one. :tfevil I made my Alt Soundblaster a little over a year ago. I used a Cyb Soundwave head and used the weapons for speaker boxes. The Scion xB mold makes a great choice for him. I'm glad I made it because it's still one of my favorite customs of mine :)

Thanks for the props Nate; it's nice to see my work mentioned here :tfgrin Keep up the good work guys :thumb

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I'm really excited about this one too. My Alternators collection has needed a Soundwave for far too long. To those interested, I have made the mold for this one and will recast them in a few days after I finish mailing the current batch of Ratchet, Ironhide and Cliffjumper heads. And yes, all of my custom Transformer heads, including this one are available but I didn't want my custom Soundwave thread to be moved from the "Custom Repaints and Kitbashes" section so I've also place a thread in the "End Cap" for those wanting to get one of these.

The blue on this custom is the actual Skids color with the flames removed. Also, I've modified the shoulder cannon so that it's a Bazooka that mounts in the back of Skids while in Alt. mode. Laserbeak will most likely be modified into an Amplifier but where it mounts is still up in the air at this time.

Guh! I need to pull out my Skids again and pose him myself. I dont recall his chest being so dominant.

Guh! I need to pull out my Skids again and pose him myself. I dont recall his chest being so dominant.

If you leave his chest more prominent then his "lower abdominal region" isn't shoved forward like he's modeling underwear and it also makes him slightly taller.

Archived