Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Universe Transformer Line

Recommended Posts

I love King Atlas, it's a plane that's as tall as E-Megs, and 3/4th's less posable. but i dont care, i want the mofo!

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I'm not entirely sure what you're saying about Sideburn's paint job, but while I'm delighted to see something new adorning my beloved Viper mold, the jury is still very much out on the matter of Sideburn's new look. And that'd be the paint job, not... carbon fibers? WTF? Since you haven't visited the lovely www.tfclub.com then you probably haven't actually gotten a gander, but Universe Sideburn is essentially Super Mode Sideburn. The only real difference is that his viper "shell" has been painted over, which you can see up examination of multiple angles. Really sloppily at that.

Based on this discription on of sideburn's paint job it doesn't sound really good. Even though through a paint job they recreate a carbon fiber look/effect.

 

Does any body else actually have this figure? Is it good?

 

The question I had about the color of the bot is more about it's colors of the legs, arms, head that sort of thing. I'm hoping that they used darker colors on the robot instead of white like the other previous models.

 

After seeing the viper sisters who were mostly black in robot form just impressed me so much that I can't wait to find a new version of the viper mold.

 

Also what is on the CD?

 

Ok nuff asked.

Repaints exists so that Hasbro can keep the names. Wait a minute....Hasbro already own the names, why do they need to make repaints to keep them and why would they need to buy the names again. It makes no sense to at all

 

As far as i know, if hasbro doesnt use the names, after a certain ammount of time they become up for grabs again.

I think he was getting at, that there are now 3 Prowls in Universe and 1 in Energon

Actually a perfect example of this going awry..."Shockblast"

 

Need I say more?

Based on this discription on of sideburn's paint job it doesn't sound really good. Even though through a paint job they recreate a carbon fiber look/effect.

I love the hood of the figure, but man does it come of feeling like a cheapo repaint. Why oh why didn’t they give his robot mode some different colors. There was no way Hasbro was going to see my money for just a new hood…carbon fiber look or not! :tdown

  • Author

I love the hood of the figure, but man does it come of feeling like a cheapo repaint. Why oh why didn’t they give his robot mode some different colors. There was no way Hasbro was going to see my money for just a new hood…carbon fiber look or not! :tdown

 

I was afraid that I would see that answer......... :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad

I've been putting off getting this mold for two cycles mostly because of the bad choice of colors on the robot mode.

 

And still again Hasbro thinks crystal clean white belongs on a robot. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

 

It may have worked on prowl but not for Sideburn.

 

I'm going back to my hope that what I read was true and there will be a Wal-Mart release of the Viper sisters.

 

Some one on this board has said no, but if it was mis info that I read (can't remember where) then that must have been the most god awfull expensive exclusive ever created!

 

These bots were not just simple repaints they have a whole new sculpt head!!!!!!!!!

 

I don't believe Hasbro would go through al the time and money it took to create these toys for just one weekend. That would be the dumbest and not to mention most expensive move Hasbro could ever make.

I don't think Hasbro would make such a wasted move.

The Viper sisters have to be on there way to Wal-mart shelves. Come on the new head makes it a new toy and that means more money!!!!!!!!!!

 

They could be in the double pack but if Hasbro was smart they'd sell them separately.

 

If Hasbro was generous they would get those on the shelves ASAP :clap :clap

Sadly, but the heads were made just for OTFCC and were roportly destroyed after the production run.

  • Author
Sadly, but the heads were made just for OTFCC and were roportly destroyed after the production run.

Hey Hasbro if you are reading this I want you to think about how much MONEY!!! you just lost!!!!!!

 

Destroying the sculpts (heads) for the viper sisters!

 

This is not fine or concept art guys; you are not in the business of making a statement or preserving some rare legacy in transformer art.

 

Can't you tell that there are tranfans who couldn't make it to a Botcon who would have payed money for those at Wal-mart?!

 

There has got to be some excecutive at Hasbro thats thinking; "damn, those would have been some nice toys to sell in the Universe line, we could have made good profit because it was like a new robot for the line. Oh well can't cry over it, just hope we don't make a mistake like that again."

 

Exclusives:

 

I undrstand the idea of making a short run of repainted bots for a convention. It's cheap to do and well if we can't make it to a Botcon, fine, we just missed out on some cool repaint.

 

But doing a run with new sculpts; what they should have done is sell them at the Botcon with idea that you are getting the first actual editions and that you are getting it first (theres your exclusive) and then say about six months later releases them to the public.

 

It is smart marketing ( we hear that Botcon had this cool toy ) and guarenties that transfans will but it because we heard about it from those who went to Botcon.

 

But distroying the molds (for the heads) Hasbro missed out on some sales. :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface :redface

if they did destroy the molds thats a terrible waste, hasbro wont get $$$ from the ebays sales of the exclusives, so they did loose potentionaly quite a bit of $$$

if they did destroy the molds thats a terrible waste, hasbro wont get $$$ from the ebays sales of the exclusives, so they did loose potentionaly quite a bit of $$$

A real downer is all I can say, the heads and the viper strips really made them different that sideburn.

  • Author

I just finally saw pics of universe sideburn bwtf.com and all I have to say is I hope some body lost their job at Hasbro!!!!!!!!

 

That repaint was not bad, it wasn't even awfull. In fact because this board has a policy forbiding the use of foul language, it is actually impossible for me to put into words on something that to discribe it using the words "bad" or "awfull" would just be too nice of a discription.

 

You know this may sound childish but I must use the word "moron" to discribe the individual at Hasbro who thought that it was a good idea to physicaly repaint over the original red viper with the worst black paint job in Hasbro history.

 

How can someone mess up Back?!!!!!!!

How????

 

After the mistake of distoring the best viper mold ever the Viper sisters we transfans are suppose to be excited to see this (insert your own colorful lingo)????

 

Now that I think about it I hope the other "moron(s)" who thought it was a good idea to get rid of the viper sisters is also pounding the pavement looking for new work.

 

This universe line was going good and some one had to drop the ball!! :tdown :tdown :tdown :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad :tfmad

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.