Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Universe Transformer Line

Recommended Posts

Ok, some of you know me from more heated threads like "Hasbro Bashing" and "Have Toy Safty Advocates Gone Too Far" I've been the devils advocate and the king rant on these and a few other threads.

 

I like intensity and contriversy but now I want to tone things down a bit

(hey Viktor V are you shocked yet?)

 

On this thread I want to discuss hear (read) thoughts on the Transformer Universe line.

 

Now I know that I have commented in the past about repaints and that Hasbro needs to start creating new stuff instead of rehashing the old. But when it comes to Universe I have a whole different perspective.

 

The Universe line as a toy line was brought out as an all stars of Transformers. They have taken the most popular molds (ones that have gotten the best customer reviews) gave them some of the best paint jobs ever. Some of the paint jobs are actually better than the originals.

 

The best from beast machines to armada are represented in this all out war against Unicron. Even better just to tie this in closer to energon some of the paint jobs are incorperating some energon type effects.

 

It is a real nice toy line in that they are picking the most popular molds to redue especialy hard to find ones like Jetstorm/drone or Strika. I've said plenty about the repaints so the last cool thing to note is that you have been warned a head of time that these were ment to be repaints from the very begining.

 

So if there was a real cool mold you missed chances are you may get a second (and possibly last chance) to find your favorites again.

 

The one I got that I was amazed with was the Skywarp. They used a Jetstorm/drone mold and painted him G1 Skywarp colors. It is my most favorite Transformer. I have missed out on the original and so much I wanted to have a Jetstorm (the last repaints were horrible). Now I have one that is suppose to be a Skywarp ( I loved the look of G1 Skywarp as a kid).

 

So here lets talk about what you think, what you would like to see them redo for the line (I personally want to see them do a Thundercracker and Dirge using the Jetstorm/drone mold) and what are your favorites in the Universe Line. :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I do consider the Jetstorm mold the next best thing to the original seeker mold...followed by the Armada one...it would be cool as long as they don't do another paint job like that "Ramjet"

I am personally liking the Universe toyline as well. When most of the BM/RID toys were out originally, no job meant no TF's, so, now I can go back and get all my favourites, with a nice repaint as well.

So here lets talk about what you think, what you would like to see them redo for the line (I personally want to see them do a Thundercracker and Dirge using the Jetstorm/drone mold) and what are your favorites in the Universe Line.        :clap  :clap  :clap  :clap  :clap  :clap

I would love to see Armada Wheeljack repainted in G1 Sideswipe colors. My favorite of the line so far would have to be Sideburn's repaint, just love the hood on that badboy. I'll be picking up Whirl as soon as he's out as well.

i like skywarp but i like to flip the wings backward in jet mode, a la g1 cyclonus, the mold is really nice too

I love Skywarp :) Its amazing how many paint apps they managed to fit on him....

 

Also like the Prowl repaints. Never owned the orginal so it was nice to A. Get the mold B. Get a Red alert color scheme and what is almost the orginal RID scheme C. THEY ROCK!

 

Sunstorm, Tankor and Obsidan, King Atlas, the Dinobots, etc there is ALOT to love about this line :)

bwa!? :wtf

 

skull is... not ... ranting?! where am I, this isnt right :tflaugh

 

 

Anyway, I like the universe Line, Gives me a chance to pick up molds I missed. Though sometimes I wish they would do the magic mushrooms AFTER picking colors :thumb

I would love to see Armada Wheeljack repainted in G1 Sideswipe colors. My favorite of the line so far would have to be Sideburn's repaint, just love the hood on that badboy. I'll be picking up Whirl as soon as he's out as well.

I was thinking i was the only person who liked the carbon fiber hood. And man I didn’t even think about armada wheeljack being repaint in G1 Sideswipe colors....that would be sooo cool. :thumb

I do like that they have dipped back into the MW pool to bring back the King Atlas mold and the Whirl mold. I never had a chance to own those and now I do.

I do like that they have dipped back into the MW pool to bring back the King Atlas mold and the Whirl mold. I never had a chance to own those and now I do.

I think a lot of people are happy about that....maybe there is still hope that universe can be cool. :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.