Classics Continues

masterminicon

Why the euro-panic? If we're going to get any more Classics/Universe molds, they'll just change the logo and sell it under the mainline. Universe has always kept the packaging the same as the mainline, just with a diffrent logo. (Aside form the first few waves.) So the logo doesn't change for EU. So what? If the movie cashes like I think it will / does, the future is bright and shiney, even for europe.

Europe never got Bonecrusher.

*remains pessimistic*

Bonecrusher is released in Italy and is set for release in Holland for 17 july.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Universe stuff has been sold in The Entertainer shops in the UK. In Universe packaging. (BIAB sets.)

Distribution in UK is SMEG SMEG SMEG! On every line, Titanium, Alts, everything! No choice but to pay over the top on the net.

So Classics being in Universe is good for TF fans 'cos it will free Hasbro's hands, but bad bad bad from us Brits. More net buying!!!!

Thrilled though that more Classics are going to be made. The ideas sound great: the brothers, Prowl, Ironhide. Wish they'd do Blitzwing and not Octane though. Sorry to Octane fans!

Just please please please for the love of all that's pure realse Titanium WW Prowl and WW Skywarp!!!!!

I'm very disapointed about Titaniums. I know there were plenty of design probs, but the style of many of the toys was ok. I like the metal. I think they're real collectors items and even my wife agrees they're more model than toy. WW Megs is awesome. Sad about Alts, I agree with many of you that there were some obvious characters they could do. Also I think there are some big characters that they SHOULD do before the line finishes, ie Megatron and Soundwave. I agree the line may have nearly run its course. But they should finish the collection off for us. Same goes for Titaniums (WW Jazz and Shockwave!).

Any news on MPs? Thundercracker maybe? Fairly obvious. But you know how they like to mess us about when it comes to Seekers.

Damnit, stop say "Titaniums"!! It's juvenile and utterly unnecessary!! The official abbreviation for "titanium" is Ti, not Titanium. Ti looks less stupid, it's shorter to type and there's not stupid innuendo. Read your period table of elements, people!! Gah!!!

Ti.gif

i can say Titanium as much as i want. i'm protected by the first ammendment.

anyways i am glad to see clasics continue. now i might get some of the figures on my want lst made. i'm only a little disipointed about Titanium because this means they won't make skywarp now.

Hasbro said at the panel that the official abbreviation is "mammobots."

So there.

I still cn't believe Hasbro's stance about not releasing the other Seekers. Didn't want to "saturate the market with six similar molds" (TFormers.com Thrust review). Damn them. I don't think that the higher ups actually know how wildly popular and profitable the Seekers would have been. Or is it the old shobiz addage of "leave 'em wantin' more" ?

You do realize that the kids (yes kids) who are buying these don't want six of the same thing right. There is a reason that at the end any classics set up at a store was clogged with Ramjets and the Skywarps had to be clearanced just to get rid of them.

Ocassionally a multi-million dollar toy exec knows slightly more about business than you.

They can re-paint Thundercracker to his G1 toy color and that should be different enough from the Botcon version. They can give Dirge his correct wings but I am not sure what they can do for Thrust.

I personally could care less WHAT name they put the new classics stuff under. I'm just enjoying the idea of having some more "Real World" alt modes rather than the freaky alien looking modes of E/A/C. I just hope they don't do a TON of crazy repaints is all. I'm gettin kinda tired of the repainted figures that didn't sell from the previous line. I have no desire to get ANY of the S-7 figures from Target at all.

Too bad about Alternators though. Again the issue with that line, for me, was the plethora of repaints. I mean there are SOOO many more car makes and models out there. Would have been nice to see Sunstreaker as an actual Lambour rather than a Viper. If a little known Chinese toy maker can pull it off I'm sure that Hasbro could.

Too bad about Alternators though. Again the issue with that line, for me, was the plethora of repaints. I mean there are SOOO many more car makes and models out there. Would have been nice to see Sunstreaker as an actual Lambour rather than a Viper. If a little known Chinese toy maker can pull it off I'm sure that Hasbro could.

Volkswagen, Porsche, Ferrari, Bugatti, and Lamborghini are all part of the European car conglomerate that doesn't want TFs made of their cars. Hasbro couldn't legally make a Lambo.

Archived