Tom DeSanto Interview

Cliffjumper69

at some point though, don't you lose the reason for putting him in a movie to begin with? But I guess that does depend on what you consider to be the core of the character. To me it's the dinosaur thing.

I agree that it depends on what you view is the core of the Character (which is why Atmo has such trouble with movie Starscream). To me, Grimlock is a very tough, powerful, military tactician who often (but not always) uses violence and strongarming, as well as his team's overall power to win battles...more so than a T-Rex with the intelligence of a 3 year old.

EDIT - However, I honestly don't mind him being a T-Rex in the movies if the story makes it work in the films. What I don't want is another retard-minded Grimlock.

<_<

I might have to fan-argue with you on that point.

I think this is your problem

It's the character that makes the TF. He can work as "not a dino" if you remove the fan-goggles.

No shit. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :roll

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I DON'T MEAN TO COME OFF AS A DOUCHE OR MAYBE I DO BUT I'M AWARE OF MY FAN-NESS AND SOMETIMES I JUST LIKE TO INDULGE IT A LITTLE AND BTW THE OTHER POINT I WAS KEEPING IN THE BACK OF MY MIND WAS THAT I ALSO THINK ROBO-DINOS ARE TEH GHEY SO EITHER WAY I'M NOT REALLY GOING TO BE SUPER EXCITED ABOUT A GRIMLOCK-INCLUDING MOVIE

AND STUFF

I have thought about how GRIM may get his DINOBOT form, hows this

A giant protform haeds to earth crahing through one of those classy looking marble floors columns etc.. museums. We see a sign on the door, DINOSAURS IN MOTION SEE YOUR FAVIROUTES COME TO LIFE! The protoform is damaged by the impact. Sparks flying and in need of a new body. he scans the first mechanical thing nearby, A ROBODINO you know the ANIMATRONIC versions we often take for granted as being standartd for a museum special exhjibit... The framework is in place but the "skin" is not, giving it a sleek super sleek G1 look.

He turns around and transforms into a T REX. walkking out of the museum he spots a sword on the wal and scans that too.

CHARACHTOR WISE:- he is clever enough to be able to repair virtually anything build anything and adapt almost BORG like to his opponents fighting style. BUT, he acutally A'LABUMBLEBEE cant get the right words out in the right way. Thus he plays dumb while thinking, scheeming, and pl;anning. Think of the dude from SCARY MOVIE we accept that it was him all along playing as a retard but still he was dangerously clever./

Grimlock appearing in the movie continuity would drasticly alter his appearance. If he shows up, I have little doubt that his alt.mode (Whatever it is.) wil be usefull and not very much G1. As for his persona; I'm guessing he'll turn out to be more early G1 then late G1. The angry proud leader type, not the bumbling fatass.

Lord, I have faith!

Awsome. Dinobots and Constructicons. I love it.

As long as they do it under a few conditions. One, the Constructicons aren't lime-green, but are one unversal color like they were (yellow works since you see a lot of construction vehicles in yellow). Two, the Dinobots must be a full roster. All five of them. Three, Grimlock will not be the dino-tard he was in the cartoons (though it was cute), but more like how he is in the comics. Either way he needs the stunted speech pattern. Four, the other Dinobots need to speak normally like in the comics.

Other than that, they need at least one more Autobot who's not a group member, like Prowl, Wheeljack, or my little sister wants Hot Rod. I would personally like my two choices, or bring in both Sunstreaker and Sideswipe.

Hey - if you are bringing in Grimlock - give him a kickass tank form, or missile tank form, or some big-ass military vehicle. Grimlock just needs to be like the G1 Comics: smart, brutal, and a good tactician (of course IMO).

The Comic Versions of the Dinobots were AWESOME - smart, effective, skilled, and powerful as hell.

ItoY'd!

SSWWOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHH!!!

Over my head.

Now What??

Refering to the Dinobot/Dynobot thing

i refuse to read that article because dinobots in the movie makes my anus bleed.

:tflaugh All he said was "hey I have a cool idea for how they could work in the movie." That doesn't make him a script writer or the director, just a producer with an idea.

Archived