Tom DeSanto Interview

Cliffjumper69

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see Grimlock, but after him the other Dinobots feel redundant. I'd love me a movie Grimlock, but I don't really need (or want) the other four clogging up screen time. Especially when there will probably still be a ton left to do with our guys from the first film who didn't get a full chance to shine in the two hour running time.

Most of this is reposted from what I said at TFW:

What would robot dinosaurs add to these movies? Really?

I think it'd work if you abandoned the "humanoid" robot mode.

A tank that turned into a dinosaur would rock my movie-lovin' world. I mean, why does Grimlock need (or want) to bother with a humanoid robot mode? He should go for maximum ass-kicking ability in both modes!

And I'll add one more "travesty" and say that I'd rather he didn't turn into a specific dinosaur, either...just a dinosaurish creature. The idea being that his robot mode has always been that way, and so the filmmakers don't need to force into the plot a contrived reason for Grimlock to want to "scan" extinct Earth animals.

But I would like for him to talk and have a personality, and that the personality matched who we know Grimlock to be...you know, minus anything he did in season 3, ever. Like that bow tie and apron. Eeesh.

I just think "robot dinosaur" was covered by Mechagodzilla already. People can accept bipedal aliens (look at just about every alien movie ever), but a robot dinosaur would be a special kind of stupid.

Now, the Constructicons on the other hand.... *cross-references comments about Bonecrusher*

I just think "robot dinosaur" was covered by Mechagodzilla already. People can accept bipedal aliens (look at just about every alien movie ever), but a robot dinosaur would be a special kind of stupid.

Now, the Constructicons on the other hand.... *cross-references comments about Bonecrusher*

"Hightower'd"

Hey - if you are bringing in Grimlock - give him a kickass tank form, or missile tank form, or some big-ass military vehicle. Grimlock just needs to be like the G1 Comics: smart, brutal, and a good tactician (of course IMO).

The Comic Versions of the Dinobots were AWESOME - smart, effective, skilled, and powerful as hell.

Why not just call him "Warpath" then?

Guess I can't have a tank Grimlock, huh Pete?

Grimlock and Warpath are very, very different characters, who have totally different views and goals.

But hey, whatever, just call him Warpath.

Archived