Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The movie line vs others?

Recommended Posts

For me only a few movie figs I like. I like Voyager Prime, Real Gear Laserbeak and Longview, Wreckage, and that tow truck that is coming out also. I liked Rachet when I saw his pics but in person that color blinds me. I might wait for the G1 paint version. My favorite line still is Alternators and Classics.

 

Alternators are fun as hell, especially if you are into customizing and painting. They covered well those who like robots and liked having neat looking cars.

 

Classics for me was a dream come true, to bad the dream ended quick.

 

Now I am waiting to see what the cartoon brings for us.

 

Is the movie toy line good? Yeah. Is it my favorite? Nope.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I guess, and this isn't a swipe at anyone in particular, you have to be ready to move on if you are ever going to appreciate new interpretations of the franchise. Classics was/is a great line, but I'd prefer the g1 versions for nostalgia's sake anyway, Alts were okay, i thought I liked them more than I actually do. I have zero fun transforming them and while they are neat, in the end, they are just another g1 wanna be. G1 will always be "Transformers" to me. I don't think I need to keep seeing it redone. JMO FYI BBQ. RID/Aramada/Energaon/Cybertron (and let's be honest here, classics as well), all of them had some great offerings but you could pretty much put any of them together and they would pass for the same toy line. They were interchangeable design wise save for the gimmicks.

 

There has never been anything like these movie toys before, designs, engineering, all of it, is new and exciting and frankly perfect for robot aliens. And most of the vehicles modes are completely seemless or at least the seems are muted really well. I hope this spells the end for "man in suit" transformers and this is coming from one of the biggest G1 fans on the board. I'm just ready to be wowed and these figures do that.

Yes, Deadpool, Alts and Classics for me too. i also like alot of the Titaniums. Call me a G1ophile but they bring back soooo many memories.

 

I thinks Hobbes-timus is right, each to their own.

 

The movie toys haven't convinced me yet to buy any. Jazz is one of my fave characters, but i'm not sure i like his new form at all. I'm gunna have to wait until after i see the movie. I may love the designs after that!

 

In my collecting I've carefully selected G1 styled figs from A, E and C, brought them together with Classics and Titanium and certain G1 figs in order to create one large collection. I'm not sure as yet that any of the movie toys would fit with any other toys from any other lines.

I guess, and this isn't a swipe at anyone in particular, you have to be ready to move on if you are ever going to appreciate new interpretations of the franchise. Classics was/is a great line, but I'd prefer the g1 versions for nostalgia's sake anyway, Alts were okay, i thought I liked them more than I actually do. I have zero fun transforming them and while they are neat, in the end, they are just another g1 wanna be. G1 will always be "Transformers" to me. I don't think I need to keep seeing it redone. JMO FYI BBQ. RID/Aramada/Energaon/Cybertron (and let's be honest here, classics as well), all of them had some great offerings but you could pretty much put any of them together and they would pass for the same toy line. They were interchangeable design wise save for the gimmicks.

 

There has never been anything like these movie toys before, designs, engineering, all of it, is new and exciting and frankly perfect for robot aliens. And most of the vehicles modes are completely seemless or at least the seems are muted really well. I hope this spells the end for "man in suit" transformers and this is coming from one of the biggest G1 fans on the board. I'm just ready to be wowed and these figures do that.

 

I hear you. I quess what ruins this line for me ( an opinion not a fact) is the head scuplts. Yeah the transformations rock, the alt modes are nice. But the heads are just not doing it for me. They all seem to be wearing masks.

Good post Hot Rod. I think it's good to have an open mind. I loved G1, but the lack of articulation means that, to me, the G1ick figs from A,E,C, classic and Titanium have overtaken those original great toys.

 

I await, and in a way hope, that i will be convinced to like and buy the new figs after i see the film. I am, maybe, comming around to what alot of people in these threads say is the main reason why they like these figs, the fact that they are alien designs.

I think the notion of robot-alien is what drives me away from these. Transformers was car-robots to me. The alien thing was just kind of a throwaway.

  • Author

I won't ever (intentionally) say anyone's opinion is wrong, so I can't begrudge you for not liking their faces, I'm just one of those guys that doesn't see a need for Human faces on my alien robots. Not that I have a preference one way or the other though, so maybe that's a factor. If they had human faces I wouldn't care and if they don't I still wouldn't care.

Hmmm, you might have helped me realise something there Deadpool. The heads. I don't like them either. Although some tiny part of my G1ophile brain may be comming round to the alieness, the fact that not many of the faces look like faces i think is one of my main problems with the new movie designs.

  • Author
I think the notion of robot-alien is what drives me away from these. Transformers was car-robots to me. The alien thing was just kind of a throwaway.

how's that? I mean if cybertron had only been mention say once or twice, I could see that point, but their being aliens in a civil war has always been THE main focus of the stories.

 

Hmmm, you might have helped me realise something there Deadpool. The heads. I don't like them either. Although some tiny part of my G1ophile brain may be comming round to the alieness, the fact that not many of the faces look like faces i think is one of my main problems with the new movie designs.

okay, if this is an overwhelming issue then, let me ask you, what is the purpose of alien robots having a human like face? or any face for that matter?

Yes Prime-collector i had a alot of trouble with the alieness. I may have sofened on that recently, after seeing clips of them moving etc. I think the designs are just TOO alien. Some alieness to update Transformers would have been beter. And the more i think about it the more i'm realising that slightly more humany faces would have helped me out. Some of them do indeed look like pizza faces as someones else commented!

 

I think, Hot Rod, it's just finding a common ground. Human faces just help us associate with the character better. Too alien faces take something away from that for me. Said that, I LOVE Shockwave's one eyed face! So maybe you have a good point.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.