Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The movie line vs others?

Recommended Posts

Finally got into this line Saturday. First line ever I have gotten on the official release date. Leader Prime is just so much win I almost feel guilty passing him up at TRU to get him $10 cheaper at Zellers. The only Prime thus far in any TF line who can compare to the awsomeness of this toy is MP Prime. First thing you notice out of the package is this thing actually has some fair weight attached to it. That & Prime's a pretty sturdy feeling toy without the feel of fisher price Armada plastic. The transformation is really well thought out & a lot of fun after one hella confusing first time. I swear the instructions were printed in Greek because I couldn't figure em out. Out of all the bots bought thus far this is really the only must own fig I can think about. For 70 CND he better damn well better be. :tflaugh The rest of the bots. Ratchet, Blackout, Bumblebee, Barricade Jazz all as expected have their good/bad points. Some more than others. Both modes on all all are outstanding the excecution however could have been better on some. Personally I think I like 74 Bumblebee/Ratchet the best alongside LC Prime. Barricade/Jazz are decent but not as much fun. The real heart breaker IMO is Blackout. Not so much look/design just the excecution of it sucks. This is a toy I can see breaking very easily so lack of durability would be my hugest gripe. The flimsy transformation is terrible & not all that secure. Also remove the tail assembly & the bot itself is a little larger than a deluxe in alt mode. Personally I think this could have been excecuted a lot better if Hasbro had done him as an Ultra.

 

Every line has it's flaws but in terms of design/excecution from what I have the movie line is far cooler as a toy line than anything seen recently. Realistic RID alt modes only with the kind of engineering that made most of A/E/C so damn fun to collect only taken to a more mature level. Personally I am really looking forward to shelling out for the rest of the mainline deluxe/voyager/Leader class figures. Even with what I haven't liked I've already been more impressed & had more fun with this handful of figs than anything in the past 5 or what have you years. Best of all I still have half the first wave to go. :thumb

  • Replies 85
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I think the movie toys are good, but not the be all end all that most people are making them out to be. Once the "new! shiny! drool!" phase is over, I think the movie toys will be seen as a step in the right direction but not the best life of TFs ever.

 

Ranking the lines (considering quality throughout the line, not just a few stars), personally, I would put Alternators and Classics over the movie toys. I'd say Cybertron is equal to the movie line, if not slightly better.

 

This does not make me a movie hater. I have already and will continue to buy movie toys. However, this weekend I walked out of two stores full of movie toys looking for Robo-vision Prime with only Legends Prime and a Robot Heroes pack to show for it. That says a lot, I think. There weren't any toys that just screamed "YOU MUST OWN ME AND PAY FULL PRICE FOR ME". I can see myself picking some up on clearance, but we'll see.

Personally, I think the movie toys are good, but not the be all end all that most people are making them out to be. Once the "new! shiny! drool!" phase is over, I think the movie toys will be seen as a step in the right direction but not the best life of TFs ever.

 

Ranking the lines (considering quality throughout the line, not just a few stars), personally, I would put Alternators and Classics over the movie toys. I'd say Cybertron is equal to the movie line, if not slightly better.

 

Just goes to show it's Diff'rent Strokes for different folks. I, personally, rank the Alternator line somewhere under the Action Masters.

Personally, I think the movie toys are good, but not the be all end all that most people are making them out to be. Once the "new! shiny! drool!" phase is over, I think the movie toys will be seen as a step in the right direction but not the best life of TFs ever.

 

Ranking the lines (considering quality throughout the line, not just a few stars), personally, I would put Alternators and Classics over the movie toys. I'd say Cybertron is equal to the movie line, if not slightly better.

 

Just goes to show it's Diff'rent Strokes for different folks. I, personally, rank the Alternator line somewhere under the Action Masters.

 

Ouch.

 

:P

 

:tflaugh

 

The alts would have rocked if they had the same feel construction as Leaderclass. :thumb

 

Flimsy/breakable toys is a huge turn off for me as a toy collector.

 

This is the primary reason why I really don't like Blackout.

The alts would have rocked if they had the same feel construction as Leaderclass. :thumb

 

Flimsy/breakable toys is a huge turn off for me as a toy collector.

 

This is the primary reason why I really don't like Blackout.

 

Also, they're no fun to play with from a conceptual standpoint. What's a Mazada Shockwave gonna do to terrorize anyone? Take up handicap spaces at the mall?

 

Military vehicles FTW.

So don't buy them?

 

I didn't, but thanks for your input.

 

Is it ok if I express my opinion in a thread that asks for it? Or is it Moooovy lovers only?

Sorry, you can't post here.

 

I think "aesthetically pleasing" is a completely subjective term. If you'd said "aesthetically pleasing to me", then that would have been more accurate. There are plenty of people who love the movie designs (and toys).

If "aesthetically pleasing" is a completely subjective term, then saying "aesthetically pleasing to me" would be redundant...

IMO

:tftongue

 

 

 

But back on topic!

 

I think it's too early to say if they're the best line ever IMO - new lines always have a "buzz" about them, but they don't always stand the test of time. I look back at some of my A/E/C toys & think to myself "I can't believe I was raving about THIS!?!" but I still look back at my Alts & think "Wow, I love these!"

 

Only time will tell...

There are plenty of people who love the movie designs (and toys).

 

I'm one of those people. The alien look versus the anthropomorphic blocky look of traditional TFs is refreshing. I love the designs, and the toys are relatively well thought out (though I still have an issue with Barricade and Bonecrusher's arms).

 

I have:

Autobots: Leader Class Prime, Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet, Deluxe Jazz (still hunting down Bumblebee since I want to see what one I'm getting considering the little matter of the molding variations with the upper body automorph feature).

Decepticons: Deluxe Barricade w/ Frenzy and Bonecrusher, hoping to get Deluxe Scorpy and Voyager Blackout later this week.

 

I love all of them. Jazz and Prime both have new looks the have some similarities to their G1 selves. Ratchet and Ironhide are great and there's a real difference in size in robot modes even though they're the same class (Ratchet is taller than Ironhide by a fairly obvious height vs. some molds from other lines where the height differences of figures in the same faction and class size is so miniscule that it's barely noticable). With the mild acception of Jazz in certain poses, most of the Autobots have great posability. Barricade's posability is bleah, but he's still a pretty decent figure (I just with his head would turn which is the major problem). My favorite thing to do with Bonecrusher is to extend his right hand and have him put his face into it like an "ugh, I can't believe "so-and-so" just did that" expression.

 

But I'm looking forward to the movie all together and the toys are also innovative.

 

But like so many others have stated, the Automorph technology is so subtle, but so amazing at the same time. It's a shame that Barricade doesn't have one. Of course, some of them, the Automorph is so subtle, I miss it completely...:schin *gets idea for new thread*

There are plenty of people who love the movie designs (and toys).

 

I'm one of those people. The alien look versus the anthropomorphic blocky look of traditional TFs is refreshing. I love the designs, and the toys are relatively well thought out (though I still have an issue with Barricade and Bonecrusher's arms).

 

I have:

Autobots: Leader Class Prime, Voyager Ironhide and Ratchet, Deluxe Jazz (still hunting down Bumblebee since I want to see what one I'm getting considering the little matter of the molding variations with the upper body automorph feature).

Decepticons: Deluxe Barricade w/ Frenzy and Bonecrusher, hoping to get Deluxe Scorpy and Voyager Blackout later this week.

 

I love all of them. Jazz and Prime both have new looks the have some similarities to their G1 selves. Ratchet and Ironhide are great and there's a real difference in size in robot modes even though they're the same class (Ratchet is taller than Ironhide by a fairly obvious height vs. some molds from other lines where the height differences of figures in the same faction and class size is so miniscule that it's barely noticable). With the mild acception of Jazz in certain poses, most of the Autobots have great posability. Barricade's posability is bleah, but he's still a pretty decent figure (I just with his head would turn which is the major problem). My favorite thing to do with Bonecrusher is to extend his right hand and have him put his face into it like an "ugh, I can't believe "so-and-so" just did that" expression.

 

But I'm looking forward to the movie all together and the toys are also innovative.

 

But like so many others have stated, the Automorph technology is so subtle, but so amazing at the same time. It's a shame that Barricade doesn't have one. Of course, some of them, the Automorph is so subtle, I miss it completely...:schin *gets idea for new thread*

 

He Automorphs his fist into your FACE!

  • Author
He Automorphs his fist into your FACE!

:lol

 

I'll agree that alts are cool, and classics intermingled with the right Titaniums made for a great nostalgia line, but the reason I'm so in love with these toys is innovation without the sacrifice to either mode (Energon i'm looking at you)

Now be nice to Energon, that line had some truly great stuff! Mirage, the Galvatrons, Wingsaber, Bulkhead and I could go on for a while. There where some huge stinkups as well. Okay, more stinkups then usual...

 

As for the movie guys... I haven't been this psyched about TF's since RiD. I can't wait to get my claws on the showcharacters. Especially the voyagers and the leaders are sweet stuff!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.