Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The movie line vs others?

Recommended Posts

If BB looked like his battle mask, He would ROCK!. Instead he looks like a scull with a ballgag for a mouth.

You are sidestepping the point - which is - G1 face is not "human" in anyway.

and the Movie face (with or with out the mask) is pretty much just an updated version of that face.

 

I never said I wanted human faces. Just not Bug-monster faces. Jazz is ok on that front. (and thus I may buy him)

BB's g1 box art face would have been better. I certainly wouldn't want his cartoon head. Also, why does humanish face mean crappy liquid metal?

It means liquid metal or a SUPER-malleable form of plasticy-metal to generate the cartoon faces. Or you go with tons of small panels and bits that move - then you'd have faces like the final robot baby-thing at the end of Matrix Revolutions (the one that talks to Neo). And if you are going to go that rate, the movie bots pretty much do that - look at Prime's new face or Jazz's face or even Ratchet's - all three of them have human-ish mouths and whatnot. Ratchet and Prime also have distinct noses.

  • Replies 85
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I myself never claimed it had to be compared strictly with G1. I compared to all the lines to date. I don't mind a bot with the mask look. I just don't like ALL of them to have the that look. I mean yeah G1 BB toy had that look. But then there were the other bots that didn't. To me all the movie heads has the "head covered with crap look" (IMO).

 

i think that some of the toys could have benefited from a battle mask, esp BB, and i can respect your opinion, but if you want the bots to be able to emote at all, they've gotta super segmented like they are. otherwise you get a face/head made up of 6 or 7 solid metal plates making them very solid and unable to show emotion.

(Hmmm...this thread kinda went off-topic...oh, well.)

 

I've grown to appreciate the movie designs (after some knee-jerk reactions... :tfpuke ) but I still have one little problem with them. (It's a logic problem...so G1 comic Shockwave would understand...) :tflaugh

They're super detailed and stuff, which is neat, but IMO their robot modes use too much of the internal parts from their vehicle modes.

 

Which I guess looks nice, but I always thought of transformers being advanced cybertronian beings in disguise as earth vehicles, not advanced cyb-beings who ARE earth vehicles.

 

Like, the engines under their hoods are just to complete the illusion of being a car (while in reality it's a gun... :tftongue ).

In terms of G1 they go from hover tech on Cybertron, to good old fashioned wheels on Earth...a downgrade, of sorts, but they didn't trade in their old tech for internal combustion.

 

Transformers run on energon, not gas.

 

(Unless they run on gas in the movie, in which case I'm now wrong.)

 

On-topic: TRU and Target around here are all out of movie deluxes...sux...I want my Jazz!! :tfsad

(Hmmm...this thread kinda went off-topic...oh, well.)

 

I've grown to appreciate the movie designs (after some knee-jerk reactions... :tfpuke ) but I still have one little problem with them. (It's a logic problem...so G1 comic Shockwave would understand...) :tflaugh

They're super detailed and stuff, which is neat, but IMO their robot modes use too much of the internal parts from their vehicle modes.

 

Which I guess looks nice, but I always thought of transformers being advanced cybertronian beings in disguise as earth vehicles, not advanced cyb-beings who ARE earth vehicles.

 

Like, the engines under their hoods are just to complete the illusion of being a car (while in reality it's a gun... :tftongue ).

In terms of G1 they go from hover tech on Cybertron, to good old fashioned wheels on Earth...a downgrade, of sorts, but they didn't trade in their old tech for internal combustion.

 

Transformers run on energon, not gas.

 

(Unless they run on gas in the movie, in which case I'm now wrong.)

 

On-topic: TRU and Target around here are all out of movie deluxes...sux...I want my Jazz!! :tfsad

 

How long would bumblebee stay hidden if, in the movie, Bernie Mac popped the hood of the camero and instead of an engine- he found an energon cube, or even worse, a head :eek

Of course in a "real world" they are going to look real.

 

Of course the "toys" are going to look like "toys"

(Hmmm...this thread kinda went off-topic...oh, well.)

 

I've grown to appreciate the movie designs (after some knee-jerk reactions... :tfpuke ) but I still have one little problem with them. (It's a logic problem...so G1 comic Shockwave would understand...) :tflaugh

They're super detailed and stuff, which is neat, but IMO their robot modes use too much of the internal parts from their vehicle modes.

 

Which I guess looks nice, but I always thought of transformers being advanced cybertronian beings in disguise as earth vehicles, not advanced cyb-beings who ARE earth vehicles.

 

Like, the engines under their hoods are just to complete the illusion of being a car (while in reality it's a gun... :tftongue ).

In terms of G1 they go from hover tech on Cybertron, to good old fashioned wheels on Earth...a downgrade, of sorts, but they didn't trade in their old tech for internal combustion.

 

Transformers run on energon, not gas.

 

(Unless they run on gas in the movie, in which case I'm now wrong.)

 

On-topic: TRU and Target around here are all out of movie deluxes...sux...I want my Jazz!! :tfsad

 

How long would bumblebee stay hidden if, in the movie, Bernie Mac popped the hood of the camero and instead of an engine- he found an energon cube, or even worse, a head :eek

Of course in a "real world" they are going to look real.

 

Of course the "toys" are going to look like "toys"

 

 

lol...even with a head under the hood, I would fully expect Bernie Mac's character to still try and sell the car to Sam... :tftongue

 

And I really don't want them to look like toys in the movie, just to show a little more advanced technology than they already have. They already have bendy metal and splitting apart tires....why not alien engines (like individual little ones behind each wheel...not that we need to see them in the movie, just have Ratchet mention it while repairing someone...a throw away line.)?

 

And still have an almost perfect representation of an engine under the hood, to fool us humans.

 

I guess my problem is that they look too much like a robot built out of a real car (that looks totally real, but grounded in Earth technology), instead of a robot that disguises itself as a car (in such an advanced way that it would blow away our mere mortal minds).

 

That said...I'll still be in theaters July 4 (3rd...2nd? They really shot themselves in the foot...now the cellphone real-gear bot is all wrong and Blote...)

Well, we've all had our movie figures for a few days now, some of us got all of them, some of us only a few. I mainly focussed on autobots myself. Anyway, how do you feel they stack up to other lines? Personally, this is easily my favorite Transformer toy line to date, and here is why. Automorph, what a small yet incredible detail to be included. And most toys have at least two automorph features included, even deluxe bumble bee :eek. Also, it's the completely new "alien" look of the molds that has me enthralled. When I pulled Leader Prime out of the package, even my wife was like "WOW, he looks so modern and cool" and she usually cares nothing for my toy collection. And she's right, and it applies to all the figures i've gotten so far. They are just great.

 

I agree with this completely.

 

These new figures are a fresh take on TF's - while the alt modes are realistic like G1, the robot modes are modern and "Transtech-y".

 

I don't care if some of them aren't completely accurate to the movie models, because these figures can totally hold their own based solely on what they are - transforming toys.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.