Straighten those legs, movie deluxe Barricade!

smuggles

uhm i think his legs are supposed to be bent like that ala starscream.

Image_20.png

notice the bottom of the leg how it hinges sharply back before coming forward.

what hasbro does need to work on however is the instructions, it doesn't mention it but if you look at said render you can see that your supposed to rotate the top half of the arms 180, hence the joints there.

Would it kill Hasbro to get these right the first time?

Nice work!!!

Like Buddykiller said Hasbro produced it the way they wanted it to look. So they did do it right. Its jsut that us fans have decided it should look different. I might have to try this one, it won't stop him from doing the normal pose, but gives some more freedom.

i might try it out, i'm just not overly enoyed about a big hole in the knee o_O

Actually the hole isn't visible in most poses: standing, mid knee-bends. And when it is visible, all pieces involved are black, so there is nothing jarring.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip Smuggles. I just did it and he looks a lot better. But I'm wondering if I should go a step further and cut an extra valley into the ratchet joint piece for the knees so that he won't accidentally snap back into chicken mode.

As as for Starscream, I just keep his legs straight up. It's not hard. Like this mod to Barricade, it gives him more height.

Thanks for the tip Smuggles. I just did it and he looks a lot better. But I'm wondering if I should go a step further and cut an extra valley into the ratchet joint piece for the knees so that he won't accidentally snap back into chicken mode.

At first, I thought that Smuggles actually HAD cut the valley into the ratchet piece, so I did. It's a little harder than you might think, but my Barricade locks securely to his full modified height and I can transform him back. I don't think it's necessary, though.

Archived