Automorph gimmick is pissing me off

Ultimatetransfan

the only auto morph feature jazz has is that his head comes up when you flip the roof down to form his back, also his grill pops out ever so slightly and allows his headlights to pull in.

on bumblebee you have to press a button located behind the scoop on the hood which pops the front end of the car down while pushing the headlights and bumper forward. ALSO the one that most people over look is that the feet are formed from the under-side of the rear of the car, to achieve this you flip the underside up and then down, upon doing that you flip up the knee pads and pull down the rear window.

i don't have barricade yet or i'd tell you his as well.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the only auto morph feature jazz has is that his head comes up when you flip the roof down to form his back, also his grill pops out ever so slightly and allows his headlights to pull in.

on bumblebee you have to press a button located behind the scoop on the hood which pops the front end of the car down while pushing the headlights and bumper forward. ALSO the one that most people over look is that the feet are formed from the under-side of the rear of the car, to achieve this you flip the underside up and then down, upon doing that you flip up the knee pads and pull down the rear window.

Barricade has no automorph, he has 'punchy arm.' And it's not that cool :redface

Barricade has no automorph, he has 'punchy arm.' And it's not that cool :redface

...that's it? O_o...

I forget where, but I had read it has something to do with his lights. (Though it didn't say whether they were the head, roof, or tail lights.. and that's all they posted.)

Still...that's pretty crappy. That's two figures so far, lacking the gimmick they advertise. Protoform Optimus was the first.

...that's it? O_o...

I forget where, but I had read it has something to do with his lights. (Though it didn't say whether they were the head, roof, or tail lights.. and that's all they posted.)

Still...that's pretty crappy. That's two figures so far, lacking the gimmick they advertise. Protoform Optimus was the first.

Neither Baracade's nor Protoform Prime's packaging advertise the Automorph gimmick.

...that's it? O_o...

Neither Baracade's nor Protoform Prime's packaging advertise the Automorph gimmick.

Oh? I knew about Prime's. Hmm, well I stand corrected then. Thanks for the info!

The only non-protoform movie I figure I have so far is Autobot Jazz, and as BK mentioned before the autmorphing makes the head pop out and the chest tuck in - a subtle but very cool gimmick as it gives the chest a well-formed look instead of the typical "car-boobs" look that guys like Jazz, Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen et al typically have. The gimmick works well and doesn't interfere with the playability of the toy, so I reckon it's well executed in this figure.

I have Ratchet and Jazz, and the only annoying thing about automorph is the tendency to almost break it the first time if your not sure quite which bit is going to do it.

Jazz' feature with the headlights and front grill would work ok if the direction of force to make it happen wasn't counter to his waist latch. You push the roof down from the back and just before you get the roof all the way down he pops off his waist, so you have to find a place to pin him (usually in front of the chin) so that you can successfully do the automorph.

Ratchets knees and calfs present no problem as you only have to move the feet.

Now I'm lucky as I got Barricade in the post two days ago (eBay), and he doens't have any automorph. Instead he has Frenzy, and a rubber glove punch thing which I'm still undecided on as to if it looks cool or a bit too Bugs Bunny cartoonish.

Sweet Jesus! Baracades arm is LAME!!! The toy over all is sweet. But that arm wouldn't be cool even if it worked right.

Archived