Trailer opinion

prime idiot

I feel the need to point out that the first 2 spider-man films were really good. So people had high expectations of the 3rd one. When it comes to live-action Transformers has no precendent for people to truly base it off of.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are lead-ins to the expectations. Spidey is a major cultural icon of baby boomers and generation X. And it was in movie development hell for well over ten years. So that, along with the names attached to the venture at any particular point, and the budgets thrown at it helped contribute to the initial expectations, I'd think. TFs is only an icon of our own generation X, and not as much controversy surrounding the development (well, not anywhere of the same sort as with Spidey), but the budget is pretty big and word of it has been spreading. I'm sure'll be some expectations but as to what they are.. remains to be seen..

It's good to see that you're remaining objectively unbiased without passing any premature judgement on this movie, Glue. ;)

As I recall from psych humans tend to look left to right.

Only if you've grown up in a culture that reads from left to right. It wouldn't be the same in cultures that read from right to left.

Btw, my two favourite fan-fap moments:

1/ Anyone else notice that yellow VW Beetle parked next to Bumblebee in the car lot?

2/ "It's probably Japanese." - nice tip-off to the fact that the original G1 TFs were all made in Japan. ;)

As for Cybertronian dialogue, I thought that weird electronic shrieking noise was their language. *shrug* We'll see soon enough. :D

It's good to see that you're remaining objectively unbiased without passing any premature judgement on this movie, Glue. ;)

:tflaugh

I'm not sure how that was intended, but either way it's untrue hehehe. In any case, this isn't about me. I just think it's a bit inaccurate to state that live-action big budget film of any pre-existing source material creates no commercial expectations whatsoever simply because there hasn't been a predecessor film such as with a different movie series. (I speak on commercial expectations as that's been my reading of the subtext though most of this thread, from the comparison to Spidey 3's record opening weekend.) If anything, there are numerous prior examples of live-action films based on similarly pre-existing franchises, with the franchises, the execution, the budgets, and the commercial responses all varying.

Commercially, my expectations for the movie are actually fairly high, but with low confidence. The return I'm expecting has a very wide range, meaning I wouldn't be surprised if it does very well at the box office or if it loses, but more the former. I think trying to be more specific is overly optimistic and confident.

i think they need to stop using the line "Bring it" in the trailer, it made me cringe the first time i saw it and it's been in every bloody trailer since

I saw the new trailer prior to Shrek 3rd (which was a turd btw) and I was glad it wasn't an old Trailer.

A couple weeks ago, I still saw a teaser for TF (you know the one, which barely shows Mars and our "one warning"), then last week it was the 1st trailer that has been out for at least a month online if not more.

Imagine my surprise when I see a new trailer.

I actually am excited not just for teh movie, but my friend who is but a casual TF Fan (he had a couple of toys as a kid and "outgrew" them a long time ago) was really hyped for the movie as well.

So despite my Geewon blood, I am looking forward to this movie. And as was mentioned above, thank goodness the trailers are not spoiling the plot.

I will enjoy the movie since I won't have to suffer through an emo Spider-man type character.

That was the best trailer yet this movie is gonna kick Spiderman 3's weak ass. :slap

:tflaugh You statement is funny but Im dying for that movie to hit DVD.

Oh, *get's to topic* That was the most awesomely Awesome trailer ever.....Next to Silver Surfer knocking missles out of the way like they're toys.

I have to say, my biggest worry is people commonly thinking it's a kids film. That does suck.

Archived