Trailer opinion

prime idiot

Two lines of cybertronian dialogue would have made my millenum. Short of that... Phantom meanace worry grips me.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two lines of cybertronian dialogue would have made my millenum. Short of that... Phantom meanace worry grips me.

Phantom Menace this is not.

For one this unlike TPM doesn't have a set continuity of movies to live up to. Expectations are reasonably high but not in the sense of what one may have expected from the Star Wars prequels. Star Wars as a film franchise was already long set in stone before the Anakin trillogy so that I guess is expected. The thing about Transformers though is it's is own entity with the closest thing to it the 86 animated movie. Aside from a 20+ year running toy franchise/various animated incarnations Transformers as a movie franchise really can't be compared to anything else in quite the same medium. Transformers have never before been seen in a live action medium so this is a movie first in terms of big budget summer blockbuster movies.

Will it be any good?

Better than Phantom Meanace or any of the other prequel movies I expect but hopefully a lot better than some other scifi/action genre flicks & by that I mean Godzilla/Battlefield Earth, any Emerich film. Say what you will about Armagedeon being one of the worst movies of all time but for me personally if it's at least that much fun to sit through (all logic aside) I won't complain. All I ask is not to be bored.

BTW I just want to add Bay's been very smart with the trailers up to this point. They virtually show nothing regarding the overall plot, they don't blow a lot of the action shots (SM3) & they still manage to keep it interesting. This IMO is how trailers should be. Provide just enough to gain some interest in the viewer & leave the rest of it for the theatrical experience. I absolutely love that despite everything I've seen I still don't know entirely what to expect on screen. :thumb

Im so excited...

And i just cant hide it...

Im about to lose control and I think (Im going to) like it!

Ever since Transformerslive.com showed up, I've been skeptical. I have always accepted everything TF ever, including Animorphs and the new Go-Bots. But I also know how movies can hose a franchise (ie: Punisher). I wasn't too sure about the production designs or the toy prototypes. But now I can say that I am really looking forward to this movie. If I end up liking it in the theater, I may try to break my previous theater record of 3 viewings, held by Phantom Menace and Lord of the Rings.

Hum.. did someone noticed that this image is INVERTED???

399.jpg

Look at the letters behind him... screen-by-screen you can see his t-shirt is inverted also...

You know, it's okay if the movie doesn't do as well as THE MOVIE THAT HAD THE BIGGEST OPENING WEEKEND OF ALL TIME.

But you never know what will happen.

To play my own personal devil's advocate, and something for all the lovers of this movie to consider, Spidey 3 has the biggest box office take opening of all time despite getting a number of bad reviews for having (although it still has about a 61% rating on RottenTomatoes -- "bad" in this case more that expectations were high and to be in line with the previous two films). So there's plenty of leeway to make a major box office splash. Movies don't have to do amazingly well critically to do so commercially. There's a number of elements laid out that certainly give it enough potential draw to greenlight a second film.

And as much as I still dislike this entire movie, I agree with SandLoki. Bay also points out that the trailer's strategy only does include shots that don't seem to give away much of the story resolution (unlike the typical action movie trailer these days where a number of the "money shots" are given away).

Yeah....no matter how much we're getting in these trailers, I still feel Nosecone-blocked. Not that that's bad, IMO.

People interested in a Transformers movie will see a Transformers movie. There's no need to spring for the Pride & Predjudice demographic here.

That said, the Shrek trailer was awesome. Too bad the movie wasn't.

My theater record of 5 viewings is Jurassic Park... :schin Could Transformers beat it? Trailer suggests yes.

Hum.. did someone noticed that this image is INVERTED???

399.jpg

Look at the letters behind him... screen-by-screen you can see his t-shirt is inverted also...

To put the focus on Megan (What a) Fox -As I recall from psych humans tend to look left to right.

:thumb

Archived