Save the classics!

bluestreak1701

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the line will continue to rock if hasbro can find it within themselves to properly remold and or size expand certain figures from the previous toylines.

I think Hasbro has their marketing priorities clearly established for 2007 and 2008 -- the movie (HUGE) and the next cartoon (likely also huge b/c of movie-generated interest). If Hasbro were to continue with a third Transformers toy line, I would imagine that it would be a choice between Classics or Alternators.

No fracking repaints from A/E/C for Classics!!! It's sacrelige to even consider. The Devy reissue is bad enough. I don't care how much paint you add, no A/E/C toy is ever going to look like an updated G1 toy. Not with those stupid minicon ports and cyber key slots.

The Classics line is doing remarkable well. They hardly stay on shelves for a week - other than Prime and Megs. Not expanding Classics would be a poor decision.

Besides...I suspect that the Heroes cartoon is going to be based on the Classics toys anyways... :tftongue

Isn't it interesting that not one single toy proto has even been rumoured for Heroes? Isn't it interesting that all the Classics characters so far have been famous classic characters - or, heroes? I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. In fact, I'm predicting it.

I don't think the Seekers would be as much of "a guaranteed sale" as everyone (me included) believes they'd be. I'd LOVE to see the Seekers () but do you really think kids would buy them? I know us collectors would, but would a kid want 6 almost identical jets to play with? I know some would (the ones who are forced encouraged to watch G1 'toons by their parents, the ones who like to complete teams they collect, etc) but I think the vast majority wouldn't bother with them.

Well if they could put out A-Sideswipe as many times as they did then why not the VASTLY superior jets?

Besides, I'm already betting we see all of the remaining seekers as super overpriced Botcon exclusives. At worst 2 of them.

No fracking repaints from A/E/C for Classics!!! It's sacrelige to even consider. The Devy reissue is bad enough. I don't care how much paint you add, no A/E/C toy is ever going to look like an updated G1 toy. Not with those stupid minicon ports and cyber key slots.

The Classics line is doing remarkable well. They hardly stay on shelves for a week - other than Prime and Megs. Not expanding Classics would be a poor decision.

Besides...I suspect that the Heroes cartoon is going to be based on the Classics toys anyways... :tftongue

Isn't it interesting that not one single toy proto has even been rumoured for Heroes? Isn't it interesting that all the Classics characters so far have been famous classic characters - or, heroes? I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. In fact, I'm predicting it.

I'll bet you fifty bucks that you're wrong.

I'm not so sure about this - anymore we don't really see leaked toy protos until they're in production, so I'm not surprised they haven't materialized yet because of the factories being in high gear for the movie.

Also, "Heroes" (hmm, I wonder if they'll have to change that name because of the NBC show?) is supposed to take place in the "future" so I imagine the design aestheic for the alt modes will likely be different than Classics' contemporary vehicles. Plus, I can see them making the Heroes 'bot modes look more movie-esque since that will be much more in fashion.

There won't be any interest in Classics from the main market for the line, the kids, once they've got the option to pick up toys of the Transformers they see on both the big and small screen.

The fandom isn't big enough to support a line on its own. But, it's better the Classics line goes out with us wanting more, rather than being beaten into the ground and outliving its welcome.

I call BS... Look at that bastardized line of SWTF's. That crap just won't end.

I don't think the Seekers would be as much of "a guaranteed sale" as everyone (me included) believes they'd be. I'd LOVE to see the Seekers () but do you really think kids would buy them? I know us collectors would, but would a kid want 6 almost identical jets to play with?

Yes. When I was a kid I wanted all 6 jets.

I'm just saying, cuz I was a kid once and stuff

There won't be any interest in Classics from the main market for the line, the kids, once they've got the option to pick up toys of the Transformers they see on both the big and small screen.

The fandom isn't big enough to support a line on its own. But, it's better the Classics line goes out with us wanting more, rather than being beaten into the ground and outliving its welcome.

I call BS... Look at that bastardized line of SWTF's. That crap just won't end.

Kids like them.

Kids didn't grow up with G1 and don't lust for G1 redux.

Oh well.

I don't think the Seekers would be as much of "a guaranteed sale" as everyone (me included) believes they'd be. I'd LOVE to see the Seekers () but do you really think kids would buy them? I know us collectors would, but would a kid want 6 almost identical jets to play with? I know some would (the ones who are forced encouraged to watch G1 'toons by their parents, the ones who like to complete teams they collect, etc) but I think the vast majority wouldn't bother with them.

Well if they could put out A-Sideswipe as many times as they did then why not the VASTLY superior jets?

Besides, I'm already betting we see all of the remaining seekers as super overpriced Botcon exclusives. At worst 2 of them.

Armada Sideswipe

Cybertron Runamuck

Universe Oil Slick

Universe Treadshot

Only 4 times - & only twice in the same line.

I don't think the Seekers would be as much of "a guaranteed sale" as everyone (me included) believes they'd be. I'd LOVE to see the Seekers () but do you really think kids would buy them? I know us collectors would, but would a kid want 6 almost identical jets to play with?

Yes. When I was a kid I wanted all 6 jets.

I'm just saying, cuz I was a kid once and stuff

Really? I wasn't! :roll

I wanted all the Seekers too...didn't mean I got them. How many kids do you know that can buy all 6 with 1 weeks pocket-money? How many would buy 1 or 2 then get bored collecting them? Would they all be available by the time the money had been saved? Don't get me wrong, I was a "must complete the set" kinda kid too & even I failed at times, (never completed the Stunticons!) I just think we were & still are a minority compared to "normal" kids. Hey, that's why we're collectors now! :thumb

Archived