Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Big Question

Recommended Posts

I guess I'm in the purple area.

 

I certainly won't buy anything, but good designs are you find them. The only Cybertron toys I have are Soundwave (how can anyone not like him), Downshift (the only chance to ever get a TF that's a '70s muscle car), and Smokescreen (a mold I considered buying in it's original version but did not). I also have RID Prime and Black Convoy(Scourge). I also bought the Beast Wars 10th anniversary toys, since I was a teenager when BW aired and was not buying toys then.

 

However, I feel like the Classics line was made for me. I like that they are new versions of G1 toys and I will not apologize for it. It also helps that they look good too. I really like my Bumblebee toy. Now, I am open to criticising them. For instance, Classics Hot Rod is, save for better articulation, not much different than the G1 toy, which I also have.

 

I also like all of the Titanium toys, except for Energon "colored using a box of eight crayons" Scroponok and Cybertron "Can be any uglier?" Megatron.

 

Before those two lines, I only collected Alternators.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're missing a fourth circle - the "I'll buy anything with the name ______ attached to it" category, namely, Optimus Prime worshippers, Hot Rod fans, or Starscream die hards. These are the people that may not buy any other TFs except for their fetish. At first, I thought they fall within the intersecting area of all the categories, but when I thought about it even further, these are people who don't really collect TFs per se, but rather, get as much as they can on a certain character that would satisfy their fetishism for that one character (i.e. one would buy repaints of a current line that supposedly represents a G1 character or a BW character), where as all the other category is more pertainent to the approach or interpretation of the TF franchise itself.

I don't know anybody like that.

You're missing a fourth circle - the "I'll buy anything with the name ______ attached to it" category, namely, Optimus Prime worshippers, Hot Rod fans, or Starscream die hards. These are the people that may not buy any other TFs except for their . At first, I thought they fall within the intersecting area of all the categories, but when I thought about it even further, these are people who don't really collect TFs per se, but rather, get as much as they can on a certain character that would satisfy their ism for that one character (i.e. one would buy repaints of a current line that supposedly represents a G1 character or a BW character), where as all the other category is more pertainent to the approach or interpretation of the TF franchise itself.

 

Of the multiple versions of a figure that I have along with all my other TFs, my Optimus Prime/ "insert first part" Convoy collection is pretty decent. As is my Megs/Galvy collection.

 

Primes/Convoys:

Reissue God Ginrai

Reissue Star Convoy

Bat Optimus Primal

Transmetal Optimus Primal

Lio Convoy

Armada Superpants Prime

Energon Prime

Galaxy Convoy

20th Anniversary first run Prime

The LoC Galaxy Convoy that came with Megalo Convoy (GF Metroplex)

THS-02 G1 Convoy

BW 10th Anniversary vs pack Optimus Primal

Titanium 3" Optimus Primal

Titaniium 3" War Within Prime

Classics Voyager Class Optimus Prime

 

Megatrons/Galvatrons:

Transmetal Megatron

TM2 Megatron

RiD Megatron

Armada Galvatron

Energon Galvatron

Master Megatron

BW 10th Anniversary vs pack Megatron

Classics Voyager Class Megatron

 

I have other figures as well. Most of Cybertron and most of the characters that were in the show from Energon. A few figures from Armada (Jetfire/Overload/Smokescreen/a few Mini-Con teams). A few from RiD (all the combiners, Magnus, Spychangers and Super Prowl). All but a few of the Autobots Alternators (none of the Decepticons though I'm wishing I had with Rumble and Ravage coming out).

 

Anyways, the point I'm making is while Prime/Megatron/Starscream/Hot Rod (Rodimus) are iconic (Hot Rod/Rodimus in recent years especially), they're going to be parts of my collection not because of who they are but because they're TFs.

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures. In fact, when Energon hit, I didn't get Optimus until a few months after the release (luckily by the time I did they'd corrected the little mouth problem).

You're missing a fourth circle - the "I'll buy anything with the name ______ attached to it" category, namely, Optimus Prime worshippers, Hot Rod fans, or Starscream die hards. These are the people that may not buy any other TFs except for their fetish. At first, I thought they fall within the intersecting area of all the categories, but when I thought about it even further, these are people who don't really collect TFs per se, but rather, get as much as they can on a certain character that would satisfy their fetishism for that one character (i.e. one would buy repaints of a current line that supposedly represents a G1 character or a BW character), where as all the other category is more pertainent to the approach or interpretation of the TF franchise itself.

I don't know anybody like that.

 

Exhibit A.

 

You're missing a fourth circle - the "I'll buy anything with the name ______ attached to it" category, namely, Optimus Prime worshippers, Hot Rod fans, or Starscream die hards. These are the people that may not buy any other TFs except for their . At first, I thought they fall within the intersecting area of all the categories, but when I thought about it even further, these are people who don't really collect TFs per se, but rather, get as much as they can on a certain character that would satisfy their ism for that one character (i.e. one would buy repaints of a current line that supposedly represents a G1 character or a BW character), where as all the other category is more pertainent to the approach or interpretation of the TF franchise itself.

 

Of the multiple versions of a figure that I have along with all my other TFs, my Optimus Prime/ "insert first part" Convoy collection is pretty decent. As is my Megs/Galvy collection.

 

Primes/Convoys:

Reissue God Ginrai

Reissue Star Convoy

Bat Optimus Primal

Transmetal Optimus Primal

Lio Convoy

Armada Superpants Prime

Energon Prime

Galaxy Convoy

20th Anniversary first run Prime

The LoC Galaxy Convoy that came with Megalo Convoy (GF Metroplex)

THS-02 G1 Convoy

BW 10th Anniversary vs pack Optimus Primal

Titanium 3" Optimus Primal

Titaniium 3" War Within Prime

Classics Voyager Class Optimus Prime

 

Megatrons/Galvatrons:

Transmetal Megatron

TM2 Megatron

RiD Megatron

Armada Galvatron

Energon Galvatron

Master Megatron

BW 10th Anniversary vs pack Megatron

Classics Voyager Class Megatron

 

I have other figures as well. Most of Cybertron and most of the characters that were in the show from Energon. A few figures from Armada (Jetfire/Overload/Smokescreen/a few Mini-Con teams). A few from RiD (all the combiners, Magnus, Spychangers and Super Prowl). All but a few of the Autobots Alternators (none of the Decepticons though I'm wishing I had with Rumble and Ravage coming out).

 

Anyways, the point I'm making is while Prime/Megatron/Starscream/Hot Rod (Rodimus) are iconic (Hot Rod/Rodimus in recent years especially), they're going to be parts of my collection not because of who they are but because they're TFs.

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures. In fact, when Energon hit, I didn't get Optimus until a few months after the release (luckily by the time I did they'd corrected the little mouth problem).

Did you even read his post?

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures.

 

lay off the stereotypes, dude, for real

 

People like Optimus Prime. frigging deal with it

Did you even read his post?

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures.

 

lay off the stereotypes, dude, for real

 

People like Optimus Prime. frigging deal with it

 

Thank you CP.

 

Again, I'm not a Prime nut, it just happens that there are more versions of him than most other figures and if I see it and I feel like adding it, I'll get it. But of my Cybertron/GF figs, Galaxy Convoy is not my fave. That'd actually have to be Quickmix.

Did you even read his post?

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures.

 

lay off the stereotypes, dude, for real

 

People like Optimus Prime. frigging deal with it

 

I am not singling out Optimus Prime collectors. I am saying that there are people out there that would buy a TF because it has the name _____ attached to it.

 

It's like Elvis fanatics - people who buys anything with Elvis Presley associated with the product, whether it be a watch, a jacket, a tampon carosel - as long as it resembles Elvis or has his image on it, it's fair game. But that doesn't mean this collector collects everything in the rock n' roll kingdom.

Did you even read his post?

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures.

 

lay off the stereotypes, dude, for real

 

People like Optimus Prime. frigging deal with it

 

I am not singling out Optimus Prime collectors. I am saying that there are people out there that would buy a TF because it has the name _____ attached to it.

 

It's like Elvis fanatics - people who buys anything with Elvis Presley associated with the product, whether it be a watch, a jacket, a tampon carosel - as long as it resembles Elvis or has his image on it, it's fair game. But that doesn't mean this collector collects everything in the rock n' roll kingdom.

You did include, as part of your description of this fourth group, a bit about them not buying anything except stuff with their favorite character's name on it. Sure there are lots of people who have favorite characters (Megatron is mine), but they also like other stuff too.

 

Anyway, you make it sound like there's something wrong with doing this.

Did you even read his post?

 

So while my Primes have a special shelf, they're not any more important than my other figures.

 

lay off the stereotypes, dude, for real

 

People like Optimus Prime. frigging deal with it

 

I am not singling out Optimus Prime collectors. I am saying that there are people out there that would buy a TF because it has the name _____ attached to it.

 

It's like Elvis fanatics - people who buys anything with Elvis Presley associated with the product, whether it be a watch, a jacket, a tampon carosel - as long as it resembles Elvis or has his image on it, it's fair game. But that doesn't mean this collector collects everything in the rock n' roll kingdom.

You did include, as part of your description of this fourth group, a bit about them not buying anything except stuff with their favorite character's name on it. Sure there are lots of people who have favorite characters (Megatron is mine), but they also like other stuff too.

 

Anyway, you make it sound like there's something wrong with doing this.

 

I'm saying that this is a fourth category and made no moral judgement nor criticism about it.

Anyway, you make it sound like there's something wrong with doing this.

I don't see anything wrong with this - it's one way to sample a couple of figures from each line - but still have some kind of cohesiveness in a collection. Plus, I'd argue that HasTak tends to do a bit better of a job on the "iconic" figures.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.