Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Movie Megatron?

Recommended Posts

Starscream is an F-22.

 

The production crew was crowing about being the first movie to feature footage of the US's newest jet. (Since I seem to recall CGI versions in the Hulk, they must be referring to "live action" footage.)

CGI recreations =/= actual footage

  • Replies 441
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starscream is an F-22.

 

The production crew was crowing about being the first movie to feature footage of the US's newest jet. (Since I seem to recall CGI versions in the Hulk, they must be referring to "live action" footage.)

CGI recreations =/= actual footage

True.

 

However, I imagine 90% of the F-22s in the TF movie will also be CGI.

I don't get it. Why is it they want them to look monstrous. It's just so wrong. I know they're at war, but even then, the TFs have been about other stuff than just war. And they've always had a slight humanistic portion to them, which is how they were able to be made relatable...(which for a product, be it visual (tv/movies), or physical (toys/video games), you need to have some way to relate to the human side). And to make these guys seem more monstrous than they ever are in the series is just stupid.

 

But again, I'm hoping that what we've been seeing as of late will not be final and we'll see more fancied versions in the actual final product.

 

Anyone read this: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24383

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
It seems Megs has an Earth alt mode after all.
:thumb

 

Why wasnt this given its own Topic?!?!

:eek

 

This article gave me all sorts of fanwood!

 

What is it. Stupid filter won't let me see the article :tfmad

What is it. Stupid filter won't let me see the article :tfmad

 

 

PM'd to keep thread spoiler free for those who don't want to know :thumb

I don't get it. Why is it they want them to look monstrous. It's just so wrong. I know they're at war, but even then, the TFs have been about other stuff than just war. And they've always had a slight humanistic portion to them, which is how they were able to be made relatable...(which for a product, be it visual (tv/movies), or physical (toys/video games), you need to have some way to relate to the human side). And to make these guys seem more monstrous than they ever are in the series is just stupid.

 

But again, I'm hoping that what we've been seeing as of late will not be final and we'll see more fancied versions in the actual final product.

 

Anyone read this: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=24383

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
It seems Megs has an Earth alt mode after all.
:thumb

 

Why wasnt this given its own Topic?!?!

:eek

 

This article gave me all sorts of fanwood!

 

What is it. Stupid filter won't let me see the article :tfmad

 

Exclusive interview with Shia LaBeouf and the progress of the TF movie and his thoughts about working with Bay.

 

Filter probably doesn't like lots of swearing which the artical has a fair amount of.

Makes sense. But it just doesn't sit right with my G1 bible.

funny you should use the term "bible" because i'm always comepairing the more fanatical G1 purists to christian fundementalists.

Funny, I think you sound pretty much like a fundie, what with the way you've decided that everybody who's not a fundie must automatically be a satanist.
Funny, I think you sound pretty much like a fundie, what with the way you've decided that everybody who's not a fundie must automatically be a satanist.

:wtf

Funny, I think you sound pretty much like a fundie, what with the way you've decided that everybody who's not a fundie must automatically be a satanist.

:wtf

Okay, I shall elucidate. For this example, fundie = somebody who applauds the new designs, and satanist = ravening G1 fanboy who blindly uses G1 as the one and only standard to grade things by. You have given me the strong impression of somebody who thinks that 1) anybody who doesn't like the movie designs is a ravening G1 fanboy, and 2) anybody who likes G1 enough to argue based on it is comparable to a fundamentalist christain, which I assume from your tone of voice to be an unfavorable comparison.

 

Of course, I could be wrong. You could have been being being sarcastic or ironic something; it's hard to tell that in a message board posting. So, you could have been being sarcastic. In every. Single. Post.

 

I happen to dislike the new designs to varying degrees, but not because I'm a mindless G1 addict worshipping at the foot of The Great One With A Bumper For A Waist. The fact that they don't look like the G1 designs is a factor; but it's far from the whole story. I won't launch into a monologue here unless you prompt, which would surprise me immensely, because 1) you have zippo reason to care what I think, and 2) I half-seriously suspect you tuned me out as soon as I said I didn't like the new designs.

Yep, Y2K Bug manages to load sarcasm into EVERY SINGLE POST. :lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.