Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Movie Megatron?

Recommended Posts

Click if you want to see a Uber-ghey rant. Darn loki. Making sense and sh!t.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I'm really getting tired of don. Oh, don has a reason to vent? **** that. He's acting like the little kid that throws insults around, because someone questioned him.

 

And I really don't care it it's not finished. I've seen things that are works in progress, and guess what I HAD OPINIONS ON IT. I don't really care what Hasbro stock holders, or him ((Plus his "small" team)) I do have feelings on megatron, and I will express them. If he doesn't want to doesn't like them, He can:

 

1. Ignore them.

2. Go back to your board and not leave so you can read the posts of his little kiss-up supporters.

3. GET OF THE INTERNET

 

Only thing he has done is cross the line from a professional to a arrogant troll. Oh and I really hope he does read this. YOUR BOARD LOOKS EMO, PLEASE CHANGE THE COLORS.

 

Sorry, I really dislike INTERNET EGOS.

 

BTW, I do like the guyverish megs.

  • Replies 441
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Name calling from both sides isn't solving anthing fast. Murphy may have not instigated this, we have the fanboys to thank for that but pulling time out of his busy schedule to insult them isn't much better. Though I can see why he's pissed off at some of these people he's better off sticking to whatever he does opposed to addressing each one of these outcries personally. At this point both sides are going to have to grow up or this year on any given board is going to be utter hell.

 

I know it's a repeat skip in a record but all opinions be them for or against should be given maturely and with cause. I know the freedom of speech thing has merit but if all a person is going to is crap all over everything and petition/boycott this film and expect most fans to jump on board they deserve to have Murphy/anybody involved to jump down their throat. I'll never understand why fandoms feel the need to spread hate from one end of the WWW to the other. Sure the fanboys "may" be right but dammit, it's not their money going into this project niether. I hate reading responses like "If we're going to save this movie we need to do it now." bullsit. Ah well it's a long year and until both parties agree on a ceasefire until Summer next year. (which I doubt.) this is going to be one hella miserable year for a lot of people

 

Hey Don. If you bother reading anything here stop being an Afterburner. I'm rooting for you as best I can and the best thing anybody involved can do is turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the fandom. This won't stop and it'll just escalate from here on out. Just go out there and make the best damn movie possible and prove the fanboys wrong.

 

JMO.

Well, I haven't really put in my two cents yet, so here's what I think of the situation. I like the new designs, in a way, and I think they'll make good toys. TOYS. However, I'm more than a little concerned about the final outcome of this FILM. The more I see, the more I'm inclined to agree with those who claim the film's creators have little or no respect for their source material. There is such a thing as creative licence. I understand that. However, there's creative licence and there's taking things way too far.

 

Do I like the new Starscream? Yes, actually... but I don't know if it belongs in a movie about the Transformers. No, the X-Men didn't wear blue and yellow spandex, but they all kept their own appearances, powers, and personalities. Some of these changes are about as radical as making a movie about a man who literally turns into a bat, then calling it "Batman."

 

Does anyone remember the original leaked script for Superman Returns? The Superman suit was something like Venom, Krypton wasn't destroyed after all, and Luthor was an alien. It completely disregarded the source material in favor of something radically different, and I feel like Bay and co. are doing basically the same thing to us.

 

So to summarize: Toys - good. Movie - probably not.

Someone had sense enough to rescript Superman and change directors before it got the greenlight. Superman dodged a bullet. Megs didn't.

Yep. Name calling from both sides isn't solving anthing fast. Murphy may have not instigated this, we have the fanboys to thank for that but pulling time out of his busy schedule to insult them isn't much better. Though I can see why he's pissed off at some of these people he's better off sticking to whatever he does opposed to addressing each one of these outcries personally. At this point both sides are going to have to grow up or this year on any given board is going to be utter hell.

 

I know it's a repeat skip in a record but all opinions be them for or against should be given maturely and with cause. I know the freedom of speech thing has merit but if all a person is going to is crap all over everything and petition/boycott this film and expect most fans to jump on board they deserve to have Murphy/anybody involved to jump down their throat. I'll never understand why fandoms feel the need to spread hate from one end of the WWW to the other. Sure the fanboys "may" be right but dammit, it's not their money going into this project niether. I hate reading responses like "If we're going to save this movie we need to do it now." bullsit. Ah well it's a long year and until both parties agree on a ceasefire until Summer next year. (which I doubt.) this is going to be one hella miserable year for a lot of people

 

Hey Don. If you bother reading anything here stop being an Afterburner. I'm rooting for you as best I can and the best thing anybody involved can do is turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the fandom. This won't stop and it'll just escalate from here on out. Just go out there and make the best damn movie possible and prove the fanboys wrong.

 

JMO.

 

I don't think this has to to with G1 anymore. Except for the few immature, and idiotic posters who feel that their insult ridden tirades are going to make a difference and still want Megs to be a gun and BB to be a VW Bug, G1 has nothing to do with this.

 

The majority of the gripes has to do with the way these designs, ESPECIALLY Megs just doesn't seem like Transformers. I don't think anyone can see how in the world the robot form turns into that alien jet without some sort of morphing involved.

 

How any of the desgins turn into their alt modes with out extensive morphing. The only one that I think looks more like a TF is SS. It may not be a good SS, but at least it has recognizable alt parts. The others? Not so much.

 

One thing that also confuses me about the designs is, fine, they have pistons and gears showing. I may not like it, but it's what they came up with. Then you look at Megs. You don't have any thing showing underneath. He's covered up most of the internals. Same thing with SS. So when they take on an Earth form, their insides get all exposed? Uhhh.....what?

 

These designs are so all over the place, it screams of committee decisions. Everyone wanted a pat on the back, so they just put one of everything in there, and none of it looks cohesive. Are they bad designs for a movie? No. Except for Megs who looks like evil alien invader 1,289. Just not good designs for a TF movie. To hell with G1. A lot of us accepted that's not what we're getting, but these things look less and less like TF's and more like standard shape shifting robots.

 

The script that has been out there, unless heavily re-written, has little characterization of anyone other than the humans, and gives no reason to why they look like this. Couple that with these off the wall, all over the spectrum designs, I think that's what setting the fandom on fire, and causing this silly "fandom civil war".

 

I think this movie will satisfy few, alienate a majority of the fanbase, and leave the general public who the producers I'm guessing are banking on a small glimmer of nostalgia confused as to what they had seen.

 

Then again, f they prove us wrong, then we're all a bunch of whiney babies.

 

:tftongue

Yep. Name calling from both sides isn't solving anthing fast. Murphy may have not instigated this, we have the fanboys to thank for that but pulling time out of his busy schedule to insult them isn't much better. Though I can see why he's pissed off at some of these people he's better off sticking to whatever he does opposed to addressing each one of these outcries personally. At this point both sides are going to have to grow up or this year on any given board is going to be utter hell.

 

I know it's a repeat skip in a record but all opinions be them for or against should be given maturely and with cause. I know the freedom of speech thing has merit but if all a person is going to is crap all over everything and petition/boycott this film and expect most fans to jump on board they deserve to have Murphy/anybody involved to jump down their throat. I'll never understand why fandoms feel the need to spread hate from one end of the WWW to the other. Sure the fanboys "may" be right but dammit, it's not their money going into this project niether. I hate reading responses like "If we're going to save this movie we need to do it now." bullsit. Ah well it's a long year and until both parties agree on a ceasefire until Summer next year. (which I doubt.) this is going to be one hella miserable year for a lot of people

 

Hey Don. If you bother reading anything here stop being an Afterburner. I'm rooting for you as best I can and the best thing anybody involved can do is turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the fandom. This won't stop and it'll just escalate from here on out. Just go out there and make the best damn movie possible and prove the fanboys wrong.

 

JMO.

 

I don't think this has to to with G1 anymore. Except for the few immature, and idiotic posters who feel that their insult ridden tirades are going to make a difference and still want Megs to be a gun and BB to be a VW Bug, G1 has nothing to do with this.

 

The majority of the gripes has to do with the way these designs, ESPECIALLY Megs just doesn't seem like Transformers. I don't think anyone can see how in the world the robot form turns into that alien jet without some sort of morphing involved.

 

How any of the desgins turn into their alt modes with out extensive morphing. The only one that I think looks more like a TF is SS. It may not be a good SS, but at least it has recognizable alt parts. The others? Not so much.

 

One thing that also confuses me about the designs is, fine, they have pistons and gears showing. I may not like it, but it's what they came up with. Then you look at Megs. You don't have any thing showing underneath. He's covered up most of the internals. Same thing with SS. So when they take on an Earth form, their insides get all exposed? Uhhh.....what?

 

These designs are so all over the place, it screams of committee decisions. Everyone wanted a pat on the back, so they just put one of everything in there, and none of it looks cohesive. Are they bad designs for a movie? No. Except for Megs who looks like evil alien invader 1,289. Just not good designs for a TF movie. To hell with G1. A lot of us accepted that's not what we're getting, but these things look less and less like TF's and more like standard shape shifting robots.

 

The script that has been out there, unless heavily re-written, has little characterization of anyone other than the humans, and gives no reason to why they look like this. Couple that with these off the wall, all over the spectrum designs, I think that's what setting the fandom on fire, and causing this silly "fandom civil war".

 

I think this movie will satisfy few, alienate a majority of the fanbase, and leave the general public who the producers I'm guessing are banking on a small glimmer of nostalgia confused as to what they had seen.

 

Then again, f they prove us wrong, then we're all a bunch of whiney babies.

 

:tftongue

 

This is true. I think that everyone who is annoyed by us who don't like the designs should read this. Why is it so hard for them to separate the idea of "Dumb Geewuun fans" from people who just think some of the designs are ugly?

twenty pages folks. twenty pages.

Yep. Name calling from both sides isn't solving anthing fast. Murphy may have not instigated this, we have the fanboys to thank for that but pulling time out of his busy schedule to insult them isn't much better. Though I can see why he's pissed off at some of these people he's better off sticking to whatever he does opposed to addressing each one of these outcries personally. At this point both sides are going to have to grow up or this year on any given board is going to be utter hell.

 

I know it's a repeat skip in a record but all opinions be them for or against should be given maturely and with cause. I know the freedom of speech thing has merit but if all a person is going to is crap all over everything and petition/boycott this film and expect most fans to jump on board they deserve to have Murphy/anybody involved to jump down their throat. I'll never understand why fandoms feel the need to spread hate from one end of the WWW to the other. Sure the fanboys "may" be right but dammit, it's not their money going into this project niether. I hate reading responses like "If we're going to save this movie we need to do it now." bullsit. Ah well it's a long year and until both parties agree on a ceasefire until Summer next year. (which I doubt.) this is going to be one hella miserable year for a lot of people

 

Hey Don. If you bother reading anything here stop being an Afterburner. I'm rooting for you as best I can and the best thing anybody involved can do is turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the fandom. This won't stop and it'll just escalate from here on out. Just go out there and make the best damn movie possible and prove the fanboys wrong.

 

JMO.

 

I don't think this has to to with G1 anymore. Except for the few immature, and idiotic posters who feel that their insult ridden tirades are going to make a difference and still want Megs to be a gun and BB to be a VW Bug, G1 has nothing to do with this.

 

The majority of the gripes has to do with the way these designs, ESPECIALLY Megs just doesn't seem like Transformers. I don't think anyone can see how in the world the robot form turns into that alien jet without some sort of morphing involved.

 

How any of the desgins turn into their alt modes with out extensive morphing. The only one that I think looks more like a TF is SS. It may not be a good SS, but at least it has recognizable alt parts. The others? Not so much.

 

One thing that also confuses me about the designs is, fine, they have pistons and gears showing. I may not like it, but it's what they came up with. Then you look at Megs. You don't have any thing showing underneath. He's covered up most of the internals. Same thing with SS. So when they take on an Earth form, their insides get all exposed? Uhhh.....what?

 

These designs are so all over the place, it screams of committee decisions. Everyone wanted a pat on the back, so they just put one of everything in there, and none of it looks cohesive. Are they bad designs for a movie? No. Except for Megs who looks like evil alien invader 1,289. Just not good designs for a TF movie. To hell with G1. A lot of us accepted that's not what we're getting, but these things look less and less like TF's and more like standard shape shifting robots.

 

The script that has been out there, unless heavily re-written, has little characterization of anyone other than the humans, and gives no reason to why they look like this. Couple that with these off the wall, all over the spectrum designs, I think that's what setting the fandom on fire, and causing this silly "fandom civil war".

 

I think this movie will satisfy few, alienate a majority of the fanbase, and leave the general public who the producers I'm guessing are banking on a small glimmer of nostalgia confused as to what they had seen.

 

Then again, f they prove us wrong, then we're all a bunch of whiney babies.

 

:tftongue

 

This is true. I think that everyone who is annoyed by us who don't like the designs should read this. Why is it so hard for them to separate the idea of "Dumb Geewuun fans" from people who just think some of the designs are ugly?

 

i've been saying this since the first designs leeked, save your typing because nobody will listen

ki luv the new designs. all of them. This film will stand out more than the others Next year. this film will rock, because at the end of the day it will inspire kids to believe that theres much more than meets the eye.

I think alot will depend on how the bots move. If Megs moves realisticly I think the design will be justified.

Yep. Name calling from both sides isn't solving anthing fast. Murphy may have not instigated this, we have the fanboys to thank for that but pulling time out of his busy schedule to insult them isn't much better. Though I can see why he's pissed off at some of these people he's better off sticking to whatever he does opposed to addressing each one of these outcries personally. At this point both sides are going to have to grow up or this year on any given board is going to be utter hell.

 

I know it's a repeat skip in a record but all opinions be them for or against should be given maturely and with cause. I know the freedom of speech thing has merit but if all a person is going to is crap all over everything and petition/boycott this film and expect most fans to jump on board they deserve to have Murphy/anybody involved to jump down their throat. I'll never understand why fandoms feel the need to spread hate from one end of the WWW to the other. Sure the fanboys "may" be right but dammit, it's not their money going into this project niether. I hate reading responses like "If we're going to save this movie we need to do it now." bullsit. Ah well it's a long year and until both parties agree on a ceasefire until Summer next year. (which I doubt.) this is going to be one hella miserable year for a lot of people

 

Hey Don. If you bother reading anything here stop being an Afterburner. I'm rooting for you as best I can and the best thing anybody involved can do is turn a blind eye/deaf ear to the fandom. This won't stop and it'll just escalate from here on out. Just go out there and make the best damn movie possible and prove the fanboys wrong.

 

JMO.

 

I don't think this has to to with G1 anymore. Except for the few immature, and idiotic posters who feel that their insult ridden tirades are going to make a difference and still want Megs to be a gun and BB to be a VW Bug, G1 has nothing to do with this.

 

The majority of the gripes has to do with the way these designs, ESPECIALLY Megs just doesn't seem like Transformers. I don't think anyone can see how in the world the robot form turns into that alien jet without some sort of morphing involved.

 

How any of the desgins turn into their alt modes with out extensive morphing. The only one that I think looks more like a TF is SS. It may not be a good SS, but at least it has recognizable alt parts. The others? Not so much.

 

One thing that also confuses me about the designs is, fine, they have pistons and gears showing. I may not like it, but it's what they came up with. Then you look at Megs. You don't have any thing showing underneath. He's covered up most of the internals. Same thing with SS. So when they take on an Earth form, their insides get all exposed? Uhhh.....what?

 

These designs are so all over the place, it screams of committee decisions. Everyone wanted a pat on the back, so they just put one of everything in there, and none of it looks cohesive. Are they bad designs for a movie? No. Except for Megs who looks like evil alien invader 1,289. Just not good designs for a TF movie. To hell with G1. A lot of us accepted that's not what we're getting, but these things look less and less like TF's and more like standard shape shifting robots.

 

The script that has been out there, unless heavily re-written, has little characterization of anyone other than the humans, and gives no reason to why they look like this. Couple that with these off the wall, all over the spectrum designs, I think that's what setting the fandom on fire, and causing this silly "fandom civil war".

 

I think this movie will satisfy few, alienate a majority of the fanbase, and leave the general public who the producers I'm guessing are banking on a small glimmer of nostalgia confused as to what they had seen.

 

Then again, f they prove us wrong, then we're all a bunch of whiney babies.

 

:tftongue

 

This is true. I think that everyone who is annoyed by us who don't like the designs should read this. Why is it so hard for them to separate the idea of "Dumb Geewuun fans" from people who just think some of the designs are ugly?

 

i've been saying this since the first designs leeked, save your typing because nobody will listen

 

What about those of us who "don't" see the designs as ugly but fresh and new and completely seperate from anything ever done in the past. I know I'm in the vast minority here but this is the Transtech many have wanted before the original concept was scrapped because of the over the top fan response.

 

A lot of people it seems are already banking on the designs to make/brek this film where as I'm hoping for the script/tone of it to make it good/bad. Yano JMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.