Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Movie Megatron?

Recommended Posts

oKays.

 

I'm new here, but have lurked for a while.

 

I know the incessant, almost virulent, hatred of anyone who even remotely thinks G1 was a bit good, which seems to permeate the fandom on the internet.

 

Knowing that, I still have to say:

Why?

 

These designs not only alienate G1 hardcore fans, but also anyone who remembers, even vaguely, the cartoon/toys from their youth.

 

This said, I will obviously be buying a ticket to see the movie, but if the images I keep seeing are any indication, it may be called Transformers, but, like Armada or Energon, it will be existing in an alternate reality from what I (and most non-chalant fans) think of as Transformers.

It may indeed be a decent movie, but it won't warm me as it would if it were a respectful homage to what started it all.

I will reserve critical judgement of the movie until I see it.

 

To each their own, but please remember your roots.

If not for G1 (or Diaclone, for that matter), none of us would have ANY Transformers.

 

 

Kal

 

 

P.S.

Please feel free to flame even though I said nothing inflammatory or demeaning to anyone. :tfmad

 

Relax dude!

i dont think the fandom (and TFans is IMO the best group of the varying boards) is that harsh.

The hostilities (if you can call it that) is directed at the folks who cant imagine anything other than a literal Sunbow/Marvel interpretation of G1.

no one on this board hates g1, or g1 fans.

:wave

BTW - i love your name!

 

Hunter

 

 

I disagree completely - this image begs for Welker's rasp!

 

wow... I could honestly hear this guy shouting "DECEPTICONS, ATTACK"

 

or better yet -

"I would have waited an eternity for this - Its over prime!"

  • Replies 441
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not for G1 (or Diaclone, for that matter), none of us would have ANY Transformers.

If not for BW, Transformers would probably be dead.

 

Agreed.

Tell me how this incarnation of Megatron resembles any of the lines so far?

 

As I said, to each his own, but people are expecting recognizable characters.

Everything I feel about this has already been summed up in the previous posts. I will only say that the hands look very odd and tentacle like to me and don't seem to fit well on a "war machine" and the head scult looks a bit too busy. I think they got so busy adding touches here and there and trying to make it look more "alien" that they ended up losing the essence of what they were after in the first place. While I will admit it does look very alien and could scare a corpse, I just don't get transformer feel from it.

oKays.

 

I'm new here, but have lurked for a while.

 

I know the incessant, almost virulent, hatred of anyone who even remotely thinks G1 was a bit good, which seems to permeate the fandom on the internet.

 

Knowing that, I still have to say:

Why?

 

These designs not only alienate G1 hardcore fans, but also anyone who remembers, even vaguely, the cartoon/toys from their youth.

 

This said, I will obviously be buying a ticket to see the movie, but if the images I keep seeing are any indication, it may be called Transformers, but, like Armada or Energon, it will be existing in an alternate reality from what I (and most non-chalant fans) think of as Transformers.

It may indeed be a decent movie, but it won't warm me as it would if it were a respectful homage to what started it all.

I will reserve critical judgement of the movie until I see it.

 

To each their own, but please remember your roots.

If not for G1 (or Diaclone, for that matter), none of us would have ANY Transformers.

 

 

Kal

 

 

P.S.

Please feel free to flame even though I said nothing inflammatory or demeaning to anyone. :tfmad

okay I'm officially putting myself back in this discussion. :D

 

First of all:

 

1. Welcome :wave

 

2. Your name rules :thumb

 

3. I expect to see a Superman III sig from you soon :tfgrin

 

Now that that's out of the way:

 

I think there are two kinds of G1 fans (to overgeneralize just a bit).... at least that's what I've seen recently. Some G1 fans have been like "this sucks" because the movie TFs don't look anything like what they grew up with, what they fell in love with as kids, etc. I can understand this viewpoint and I'm sympathetic to it.

 

However, I don't agree with it b/c I'm the other kind of G1 fan. I absolutely love G1 and I always will. Seriously. But to me, the best way to respect G1 is to let it be what it was. Leave it be. Even if they went completely out of their way to make this movie as G1-ish as possible, it wouldn't be G1. It just wouldn't be. It wouldn't be the same, because it wouldn't be the show I loved as a kid. The G1 cartoon is what triggers my nostalgia, not something pretending to be G1. For that reason (and others) I'd much rather see something different in a live-action TF movie.

 

anyway that's my thought.... now I'm gone again WHOOOOOSH

 

I'm Batman

fyi, that wasn't megs in the trailor

 

 

Acutally, it was.

 

Getting better shots now.

 

- H

murphy said the whole trailer was BS. Since none of it has anything to do with the actuall script.

 

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
ya well obviously he's full of Blot because it was in the leaked script. the guy in the trailer is the black heli

 

 

Ok, just so I understand.

The Transformers movie trailer found on www.transformersmovie.com is total BS. That very well may be.

The image I posted however is from that trailer so at least we're agreeing on something.

 

No worries.

 

I'm just really annoyed with the whole direction that this movie is going in. I mean the whole point of the transformers was to change from one usefull form to another. Disguised form for camoflage and robot form for functionality. If you make them both look like overcomplicated ass... what's the point?

 

Each mode should look clean, simple and distinct. Not like Bionicle spaghetti.

 

- H

not just disguise though (cause what use would that be on a planet full of transformers) but also for utilitarian purposes.

 

Going off of DeathMarch's TF analysis, the only thing i think this megs is lacking is G1-Cyclonus styled wings off the shoulders (not too long mind you).

okay I'm officially putting myself back in this discussion. :D

 

First of all:

 

1. Welcome :wave

 

2. Your name rules :thumb

 

3. I expect to see a Superman III sig from you soon :tfgrin

 

Now that that's out of the way:

 

I think there are two kinds of G1 fans (to overgeneralize just a bit).... at least that's what I've seen recently. Some G1 fans have been like "this sucks" because the movie TFs don't look anything like what they grew up with, what they fell in love with as kids, etc. I can understand this viewpoint and I'm sympathetic to it.

 

However, I don't agree with it b/c I'm the other kind of G1 fan. I absolutely love G1 and I always will. Seriously. But to me, the best way to respect G1 is to let it be what it was. Leave it be. Even if they went completely out of their way to make this movie as G1-ish as possible, it wouldn't be G1. It just wouldn't be. It wouldn't be the same, because it wouldn't be the show I loved as a kid. The G1 cartoon is what triggers my nostalgia, not something pretending to be G1. For that reason (and others) I'd much rather see something different in a live-action TF movie.

 

anyway that's my thought.... now I'm gone again WHOOOOOSH

 

I'm Batman

 

I get your point, Cubano, and I agree. I think problem I, and a lot of others, have with these designs is the fact that Bay and his cohorts have said from the beginning that this was to be an homage to G1 and it's not turning out that way.

 

As I've said, I'll reserve my more acidic comments for when I have seen the movie.

I just don't see this as an "Homage" so much as a complete reworking with names taken from G1 characters (ala Armada, etc.) which would be fine, if that was what it was expected to be.

 

oh well, you know what they say, "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

 

 

Thanks for the warm welcome anyway. I'm WIP'ing some kitbashes that I hope to have pics of soon.

 

 

And thanks to both of you for the kudos on my choice of my name.

Drunk Kal-El has been my online persona since back in my Counterstrike clan days (7-8 years).

 

 

 

Kal

:tflaugh "Bionicle spaghetti" is an awesome analogy BTW

Personally, I think Don Murphy is to blame for this backlash because as you said, there was this initial thing from the producers that the movie would be all G1-ish and stuff.... and now it's clearly not G1-ish at all. Obviously he was scared of the fandom bailing on the movie from day 1 so he said a bunch of bullsh*t to try to "reassure" them.

I get your point, Cubano, and I agree. I think problem I, and a lot of others, have with these designs is the fact that Bay and his cohorts have said from the beginning that this was to be an homage to G1 and it's not turning out that way.

As I've said, I'll reserve my more acidic comments for when I have seen the movie.

I just don't see this as an "Homage" so much as a complete reworking with names taken from G1 characters (ala Armada, etc.) which would be fine, if that was what it was expected to be.

 

oh well, you know what they say, "Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

 

 

Thanks for the warm welcome anyway. I'm WIP'ing some kitbashes that I hope to have pics of soon.

 

 

And thanks to both of you for the kudos on my choice of my name.

Drunk Kal-El has been my online persona since back in my Counterstrike clan days (7-8 years).

 

 

 

Kal

Hehe, I like this new guy. Welcome to the Boards sir!!! (oh and :pfx )

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.