Armada Prime Hardcopy

Jaguaratron

I like the website because it's not cookie cutter and requires you to think before you just start clicking things. You guys are too used to pr0n site :roll

Anyway...

What's a hardcopy and how is it made - materials and such. I see the screws that look like normal zinc plated. Is this before the molds are finalized or what?

Pretty comprehensive toy creation process details are here http://www.behindthetoys.com/features/ its focused on star ways but pretty much all toys are done the same.

Basically wax sculpts are made, silicone molds are made from the waxes, then hardcopies are made from the silicone molds and then the steel molds are made from the hardcopy. Hardcopies are way before the production molds are made.

Its made of a milky white resin and sprayed in grey primer I beleive to emphasise the detailing, you wouldnt see it all in its raw state.

In regards to the drama, Rob has unearthed some great TF stuff mainly the Transtech details and is likely to unearth more in the future, a more friendly and affable person you could not hope to meet, the same cannot be said about others

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unfortunate viewers of the world wide web, are quick to pass judgment and criticize another's work. I offered the chance for TF collectors to see images of a cancelled toyline noone in their own community was able to do, with my connections to past / current employees. While I can accept criticism, I cannot accept rudeness stated about a website I'm a part of. If this is how the majority of TF collectors feel about the website I'm apart of, then I'll stop taking time and money out of my schedule and put the resources back into Star Wars collecting. I have located another previously unshown image of the Transtech Cheetor, but I'm now hesitant to post the image. My friend is still looking for the Transtech Optimus image, but again if this is how the TF community feels then I'll simply not post the images when they are received. I would like to comment on a couple of statements posted.

Gambit wrote:

"but it's also true javascript popup galeries sucks.

it's not because you've beautifull and fantastic pieces that your website becomes automatically friendly and pleasant".

Sems Fir writes:

If you don't like how the website is designed that is fine. Saying "to hell with www.behindthetoys.com" as well as "their layout sucks" is downright rude and not criticism as you would call it. Since I don't own the site per se I didn't design its layout. The site is easy to navigate imo and doesn't take much to understand. Perhaps if you were interested in collecting pre production material and learning about a toylines history you'd have a better understanding of how to search for something. Humans have the ability to learn how things work. If a human doesn't bother to learn how something works then it's their own loss and their personal knowledge will be less than someone who has taken the time to learn. I've checked out your site, and to be honest there's nothing impressive shown. For example, over 20 images of the same bland toy isn't a great way to fill your site with interesting content. There's nothing rare shown. It's mold injected plastic. Of course if you put your work out there for viewing your going to get criticism right?

Gambit wrote:

"when you show your work in public, you're exposed to criticism.

Sems Fir writes:

See above comments.

Gambit wrote:

so when you get it, don't react like if we ate your breakfast and killed your mother if you don't want to see a thread totally destroyed...

if you show a picture of a beautifull car with an ugly girl inside, you will get criticism about the ugly girl, and not the beautifull car...

humans are humans, you can't change that, even with moderators, so the best is to don't offer them an occasion to criticize .

in this thread, more than one persons tell what's wrong with the website, even if the contents is cool.

so if the owner want to get only enthusiasts comments the next time, he now knows what to do.."

Sems Fir:

I'll restate that I do not own the website per se. If you search on who owns the domain name you'll find out it's not me. By the way if you want to use the car analogy I've got you covered. Here's an image of the car I've owned for 17 years now.

73Cudac.jpg

Gambit wrote:

"same level on the site owner's reaction...

I always see posts telling "hasbro suck, repaint are stupids " etc..

but I never saw a Hasbro manager coming and answer "you're the stupid, if you're not happy, build your own toys, repaints are cool, are you able to do a repaint yourself ? so shut up".

if it would happens in a thread, the result would be the same as here...

yes, I know, we pollute the thread, but I'm sure without the site owner reaction, it never happened and there were no debate.

Sems Fir writes:

If you would like more criticism learn how to properly put together a sentence for posting. For that you'll have to learn. For example, spell-check will assist you from receiving criticism. I'm waiting for your reaction to my criticism about your site content. I'm sure you'll be pleasant and cheerful and not defensive right? There's a difference in offering criticism and being downright rude.

Thanks to the other posters in this thread for their support. Hopefully a few immature posters won't spoil future TF prototype posts on the website I'm a part of.

To attempt to put this thread back on topic, the hardcopy is stunning to view in person. Pictures cannot due justice to the detail of a hardcopy.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

LEAD EDITOR

BLACK S. U. N.

Someone post the pics, me can't see.

click archive, click transformers, click go by all dates ;)

If you would like more criticism learn how to properly put together a sentence for posting. For that you'll have to learn. For example, spell-check will assist you from receiving criticism.

oh, l'argument de la langue, je ne l'avais meme pas vu venir.

parle à moitié français comme moi, après, seulement tu seras bienvenu pour critiquer mon anglais :wave

I'm waiting for your reaction to my criticism about your site content. I'm sure you'll be pleasant and cheerful and not defensive right?

I know there nothing impressive.

contrary to you, I made it just for fun, for me, not in order to get compliments on it.

I never made any adverts, or created a thread telling : go to my website, go to see my galeries.

if I do that one day, I'll be open to criticism, because I know it's what I'll get.

concerning your website : there's 4 people in this thread telling it's not friendly, so that's means there's really a problem. see the real comment behind the insult.

think about it.

I know there nothing impressive.

but the difference is I never made any adverts, or created a thread telling : go to my website, go to see my galeries.

Neither did rob, I did.

I merely pointed out that the gallery was up should you wish to see it. Rob isnt trying to tout the site and get traffic through it, hes a SW fan who happens to have some impressive contacts and has pulled out some really interesting stuff, namely the unseen transtech stuff and hopefully, if he is so inclined, he will do so again and throw more stuff up.

Behind the toys are not seeking traffic, its a friend of mines website, I can host and edit things there and a toy prototype website is a conveinant place to do so.

You want to see it, see it, if you dont, dont. Its sad that one persons someones unnessesarily insulting posts can derail a thread. Can we please either discuss the hardcopy, the associated toys that came about as a result of the hardcopy or let the thread die.

Rather than feed the troll using the posting id Gambit_ (and make a total mockery of his response) let's get the thread back on topic. Brian I've been reading about the differences between the hardcopy and final production toy and was hoping you can shoot a side by side for comparison. This will show readers of the thread some of the interesting differences between a hardcopy and mold injected plastic. The hardcopy is a larger size, and viewers will also be able to see the detail that is lost once the molds are created and first shots (engineering pilots) are done.

I still can't believe you actually transformed the hardcopy! Your lucky the previous owner didn't attempt that! :thumb

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

LEAD EDITOR

BLACK S. U. N.

Rather than feed the troll using the posting id Gambit_ (and make a total mockery of his response) let's get the thread back on topic. Brian I've been reading about the differences between the hardcopy and final production toy and was hoping you can shoot a side by side for comparison. This will show readers of the thread some of the interesting differences between a hardcopy and mold injected plastic. The hardcopy is a larger size, and viewers will also be able to see the detail that is lost once the molds are created and first shots (engineering pilots) are done.

I still can't believe you actually transformed the hardcopy! Your lucky the previous owner didn't attempt that! :thumb

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

LEAD EDITOR

BLACK S. U. N.

Yeah I will try to get some shots done, its been a while since I had it ouot, guess it could use and airing ;)

Archived