Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite voice of Optimus Prime

Recommended Posts

I like when I do his voice. Since I bought Titanium Prime, I've been walking around saying "You..who are with out Mercy, now plead for it?!" I dont know why. *needs a shrink*

  • Replies 39
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite is in Spanish! The voice in Spanish of Megatron is brutal, incredible! does anybody know it?

Peter Cullen is Prime in my opinion. Although I will gladly and freely admit that so is Gary Caulk, it is just that Cullen personified the character so much more that it really isn't even a contest.

 

(Now, ask me about Megs and you will get a very different answer. I love Welker, but David Kaye is the man!!!)

 

David Kaye in my opinion totally pwns Welker, kaye made Megs have a really evil voice which fits megatron perfectly. Also like David Kaye's british voice.

 

I guess this also comes down to writing. Beast Wars writers had better lines overall than G1 writers. G1 was mostly comedy anyways. Could it be said that if the actors were reversed, it would likely be that the Beast Wars versions would still win?

 

For me, I treat G1 vs Beast Wars voices as Trukk vs Munky. If I am thinking trucks, I am thinking Cullen, if I am thinking animals... well you get the idea.

Peter Cullen is Prime in my opinion. Although I will gladly and freely admit that so is Gary Caulk, it is just that Cullen personified the character so much more that it really isn't even a contest.

 

(Now, ask me about Megs and you will get a very different answer. I love Welker, but David Kaye is the man!!!)

 

David Kaye in my opinion totally pwns Welker, kaye made Megs have a really evil voice which fits megatron perfectly. Also like David Kaye's british voice.

 

I guess this also comes down to writing. Beast Wars writers had better lines overall than G1 writers. G1 was mostly comedy anyways. Could it be said that if the actors were reversed, it would likely be that the Beast Wars versions would still win?

 

For me, I treat G1 vs Beast Wars voices as Trukk vs Munky. If I am thinking trucks, I am thinking Cullen, if I am thinking animals... well you get the idea.

I would agree w/ that. It makes it much easier since they really are 2 distinct characters.

CULLEN is prime, second is chalk

Fanboys

 

>_>

 

I mean really, MOST of the people who've posted in this thread have their opinion rooted in what they grew up watching. Not that that's a bad thing, unless any of this was supposed to be objective *shrug*

Cullen the greatest prime ever!!!!!!! Well I think he is at least im a bit on the fence with Welker and Kaye I think it depends on which megs it is, I don’t think you could get away with Welker doing beast wars megs and I think the later series show that Kaye voice doesn’t work on the more g1 type megs

I'm gonna be different and say that I liked the guy who did Prime in RiD.

jmo, the best prime is and always will be cullen. his voice seems to just embody prime and what he stood for, not to mention where he came from. caulk is good, but his portrayal of prime just doesn't give you the feeling of humbleness that cullen brings to prime. prime (as far as g1 is concerned) was written to be a leader that questioned himself and held his comrades high because he himself was just a soldier, and cullen portrayed that well. caulk's prime is too confident, and just doesn't inspire the way prime should. anybody can read a script into a microphone, but few could could add so much to prime's character....

Peter Cullen is and always be Optimus Prime (IMHO!).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.