Found Downshift by accident....

Smackrazor

Needed to pick up a few things at my local Wal Mart, so I figured I'd take a look at the TF's. They don't carry Alts at all, and theyre still stocked full of wave 1 scouts, deluxes and voyagers so I wasn't holding my breath. I rifled through the pegs looking to see what was there...bunches of Armourhides and Clockers, a few Street and Recon mini teams, and 1 or 2 of the other wave 1 scouts....a bunch of Snarls and 1 or 2 of the latest deluxes when all of a sudden, all the way on the bottom row, the back most toy I notice the side view on the packaging of the character art doesnt look like anything else Ive seen...so I pull it out...Downshift....the only one. I took it off the peg, stood up and just stared at it  damn near crosseyed and drooling.

Dumbfounded that I found this figure at my piece of crap Wal Mart...it's a very small one, with crap for selection no matter what youre looking for...from toys to housewares to lawn and garden to electronics...they never have as good a selection as the other 3 wal marts within a 30 minute drive.

I must have stood there in the aisle for 5 minutes or more just staring at the package and reading the back of it. Then I snapped out of it and realized I still needed to get the other stuff I came there for.  :tftongue

Anyways, got him home, opened him up, easy transformation (pinched my fingers pretty good pulling his legs apart) stood him up...wow. He looks great...his head sculpt is reminiscent of G1 Wheeljack.  Two missile launchers that actually fire the missile a few feet...they look good on him in either mode. He seems to have good articulation for some good poses. His cyber planet key gimmick is pretty cool too...insert the key into the back of his roof, and his chest opens up with a satisfying CLICK. I thought it was cool since the roof is at a right angle to his chest in bot mode and the mechanism still works.  car mode is badass looking too...very much a classic muscle car, you hardly see his bot parts at all.

Very happy with this guy. I only wish they had designed him with holes in his shoulders for the missile launchers...at least 1 of them.  If you can find him, I definately recomend you pick him up, you wont be disappointed.

Oh, incidentally, I remember someone here on the boards said they had a Jungle Planet map in their Downshift...mine came with another frickin Earth Planet map. Also a game piece for the Space camp contest (I didnt win) with an Optimus sticker.

Dave

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Words, Words, Words Words. *Doesn't read but glad your probably happy :thumb * I found Dark Crumplezone by accident

What about CD Hot Shot? Was he missing in action? I ask, because when I found my Downshift, someone had already swiped the Hot Shot.

I mean on the US TV show.

especailly if he is only $3.00 ........

yeah this figure is literaly fun. I transform this one the most. I do love my crosswise but he's not as quick and easy to transform as down shift.

I think what makes this guy work so well is that the transformation is very simple but all the robot parts are VERY well hidden in car mode......more so than some complictated transformers like say crosswise.

The detail in the figure is amazing. he looks very complicated and in car mode, again the details are great.

Did you notice it has car seats? oh yeah and there is a complete dash board w/ steering wheel.

The car seats are obvious but when I was working on the mod for key gimick to be triggered w/out the key (I post this mod soon w/ pics) I had to open the top of the driver and passenger section and there was complete detail for steering, dash and shifting counsel. there were also partial detail for back seats.

The level of detail was astounding and sad at the same time. Sad, because those details will never be seen in less you un screw the top of the car to open it. I was half tempted to just leave it like that but the nature of the key compartment cover being gon was an eye sore. It was a real hard call but I completed my mod (the mod is mostly on the key cover) and now he's more fun than ever. I just flip up the wind cover and now I can access the trigger that sets of the grabber claws.

No Keys needed. Like I said I'll post on how to do the mod w/ pics.

Archived