Have you got any 'Hurray I got a new TF'-rituals?

Calcifer

I rush home and upstairs to my room like an excited child, put on some rock music, and go about it.

Saturday is normally 'new schtufz' day for me, including comics, music, and toys. If I got a new CD it'll always be that. I tend to open TFs in order of size, transform them using only images of them as a guide, and then add them to my display. If it combines, it gets combined as well. If I got toys through the post, they often sit in my room for a few days waiting for Saturday so I can do it all in one go.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not onlyj do I smell my Tfs, I also lick them!

Clipping tie wraps. Yep, that's it.

I pity the fools who unravel them. :tfevil

I check the articulation, to see what sort of cool poses and tricky camera angles I can use to make a photo-comic out of the figure... especially ways I can cheat the system to make it look like the figure's more articulated than it really is.  They are my actors!

Let's see. The only thing Is try to carefully peel back the bubble on the card so I dont rip it excessively. Then I place the planet map into the baggie with the instructions. finally I try to transform the toy with out the instructions first*unless unsuccessful* then I pose em stare at em and put em on the shelf with the others. If the others aren't there, I gotta dig em out or go buy more.

Uh, nothing.

I'm just a completely normal [26 year old] adult who spends a lot of money on childrens toys.

I had to change the age, but I would agree w/ that. All I do is go to my study/office, get out my butterfly knife (I like opening them w/ that one for some reason)

If I ever have to open anything, I use a stilleto myself. Which is retarded because they aren't meant for cutting anything.

Whenever I go get me one I find the nearest fast food joint and order 'burger with the biggest drink available.  I eat the food quickly then open up the toy and try to transform it, check on poses, tinker with it etc. while taking my sweet time sipping my drink.  If I'm on a really, really nice mood I let the nearest kid staring at my toy to play with it a little.

The only good TF smell is opening a minty fresh G1 Reissue.. it's the smell that takes you back.. newer stuff, no way. Aside from displaying them, rearranging them whenever the mood strikes or taking one out of the free roaming pasture to stand and watch the computer.. usually the norm.

Archived